[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

St. Petersburg, FL to Mt. Vernon, IL in one day, then Mt. Vernon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

St. Petersburg, FL to Mt. Vernon, IL in one day, then Mt. Vernon to Burlington, CO the next day.
2 drivers
Can it be done?

I know it is ambitious, but my co-driver only has a limited time for the trip and I want to maximize the time in Colorado.
>>
>spending at least four total days driving
Take a plane. Are you that poor?
>>
I find 13hrs reasonably easy to do alone, I did 20hrs straight once but it was tough. So yes it's certainly possible.

That's assuming that you're american and used to long-distance driving, though. If you're from Europe and trying to do this, forget it, just fly.
>>
File: 1479953410882.jpg (419KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479953410882.jpg
419KB, 1920x1200px
>>1244721
Yep, completely possible if you are an American. Also you need to time it so you miss rush hours in Atlanta. It sucks!
>>
>>1244724
And St. Louis. How long are you gonna be there?
>>
better off taking 231 through Dothan than going through Atlanta until they fix that overpass.
>>
>>1244740
Yeah. Atlanta traffic is always bad, but right now it's a hellish nightmare.

>>1244653
This is definitely doable. Even one driver can manage it if they're used to long distances.
>>
>>1244704
The gas will actually cost more than a plane ride. I'm staying for about a month so I need the vehicle.
>>1244724
I've been through Atlanta before and yeah, it sucks. My area is bad too though, but at least I am familiar with it. If I leave home at 5am I'll be in Atlanta around noon which is probably optimal.
>>1244740
The trip is in July, will the overpass still be down?
>>1244740
I like the idea of skipping Atl and going through Dothan, but according to google it adds almost an hour to the drive, so not sure if that is a good idea or not.
>>
>>1244837
Google would be correct if you were actually driving through atl instead of creeping at a snail's pace.
>>
Fly, then rent a car.
>>
>>1244919
no
>>>I'm staying for about a month so I need the vehicle.
Its also my Jeep which I plan to wheel in lots of offroad trails, and it will be my home for the duration of the trip.
>>
>>1244653
I use to drive from florida to Chicago all the time. I would usually take that route and go through mt Vernon. But honestly I would get tired out in Kentucky or Tennessee and spend the night. That's a pretty long treck to do in a day. I guess if you at like 6 and don't mind not stopping and don't hit traffic in Atlanta you could do it.
>>
>>1244842
This. Google and other GPS routing programs aren't very good at including traffic patterns in their time calculations. Throw in rush hour or construction and they get pretty inaccurate.

And even if that was correct, which sounds better:
>Taking roads that add an hour but have much less traffic
>Sitting in a huge traffic jam
>>
>>1244653
why are going to southern Illinois?
>>
>>1245189
I figured it is a good middle point for the route that also has a comfortable night time temperature for sleeping in the vehicle.
I don't NEED to go to Illinois at all, if you have a better route suggestion
>>
page 9 bump
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.