[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where's the best place to live in on a US time zone? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: map-of-north-and-south-america.jpg (654KB, 1919x2079px) Image search: [Google]
map-of-north-and-south-america.jpg
654KB, 1919x2079px
Where's the best place to live in on a US time zone?

I'm being offered a remote developer job from a US company, and they're OK with me living wherever as long as I'm working on US hours (based on the east coast but +/- a few hours is fine). So basically anywhere in North/Central/South America would be good.

I speak very good Spanish (not quite fluent, but getting there) and have travelled through Mexico, Peru, Brazil, and Colombia, but have never really lived in those countries.

So I'm looking for somewhere that:

> Has fast and reliable internet connections.

> Fairly well developed, since I'll be busy working I care about convenience and want a nice western-quality apartment

> Has an abundance of good looking women that are reasonably easy for white foreigners

> Speaks Spanish or English, or has good/cheap lessons available for learning Portugese.

I'd obviously prefer cheap places, but I'll have a high salary by US standards, so it's not that important.
>>
Stay far east coast. Somewhere where you can experience life but not be stuck in a city. The worst type of living in the U.S is living in suburbs, fucking grew up in them and hated every moment. I grew up in Ohio, it sucked. If you are going for suburbs, aim for a place not far from beach or city.

If I could live anywhere in the U.S it would probably be in North/South Carolina or somewhere in New York. Good luck anon.
>>
>>1244342
Those requirements are met by quite a few cities, so it's more up to you to decide what you're looking for in a city. CDMX, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Medellin, everywhere in the US.
>>
>>1244342
The US covers multiple time zones, not sure what you mean by this.

If you are talking within the US, I'd second NC or maybe the Pacific NW.

If you are looking outside the US, I'd consider Colombia.
>>
>>1244342
Within the limits you gave you can live almost anywhere. I happily worked US East coast hours living in the UK. I just got up late and was ready for the clubs after work no trouble at all.
>>
>>1244371
>The US covers multiple time zones, not sure what you mean by this.

I just mean to say that it wouldn't work if I tried to work from Europe or Asia. I'm stuck in the Americas.

I'm basically asking where the most "livable" and interesting city is outside of the US/Canada in the Americas.
>>
File: Medellin.jpg (473KB, 1400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Medellin.jpg
473KB, 1400x600px
Medellin has an incredible climate, cheap food/booze, beautiful ladies and a digital nomad culture.
>>
>>1244383
i second this
>>
>>1244383
OP here. That's my top choice for now, I spent a couple months there learning Spanish.

How do Pereira/Manizales compare? I've heard they're smaller and less gringo-weary.
>>
>>1244405
Medellin is a nicer city though.. imo
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.