[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>3 weeks to explore Central Europe & Balkans this summer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 0

>3 weeks to explore Central Europe & Balkans this summer
>Just starting to plan everything
>Would likely start in Budapest
Right now I'm considering these places:
>Budapest
>Bratislava
>Zakopane
>Auschwitz
>Vienna
>Ljubljana
>Julian Alps
>(Lake) Bled
>Dubrovnik
>Zagreb
>Sarajevo
>Mostar
>Novi Sad
>Belgrade

I will travel with my girlfriend. Neither of us care much about beaches, but a city like Dubrovnik seems very nice. We like history, walking around cities, nature, etc.

I'm currently thinking of two possible routes -- probably something like a combination of Hungary, Austria, Slovakia, and Poland, or Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, and Serbia.

Do any of those stand out as somewhere not worth visiting?
I have already been around the Czech Republic and much of Poland, so those places are largely absent.

For nature, I was considering either the Julian Alps of Slovenia or the Morskie Oko near Zakopane. Maybe it would be good to go to Poprad and
>>
There's very little to do in Bratislava, but most of the rest of Slovakia is really beautiful, check out a hostel called the Ginger Monkey up in the Tatras mountains.

Ljubljana is boring and small, worth a day at most. Lake Bled has great access to the best parts of Slovenia and is a good base of operations. Head to lake Bohinj.

Vienna is ok but rather expensive. Once I'd gawped at the architecture I was rather underwhelmed. Worth a day or two.

Budapest is an amazing, vibrant city despite the hoardes of tourists. Worth a visit for sure.

Zagreb is shit.

Hope this helps you decide on a route anon, have an amazing trip!
>>
>>1243573

Don't spend more than a day in Mostar. There is nothing to do besides the old bridge and there are loads of tourists daytripping from Croatia in the summer.

Also, as already mentioned, you shouldn't spend more time than absolutely necessary in Bratislava
>>
>>1243754
While I second this in general, I have to mention that you might want to sleep in Mostar. Daytime Mostar and nighttime Mostar are totally different. Plus hotels are cheap.
>>
>>1243573
Can give you a few tips on Julian Alps and Bled if you decide to head there.
>>
go to cracow rather than auschwitz
>>
Only Auschwitz? Oy vey goy, you need to learn more about those evil white men. If you don't visit at least 5 concentration camps you are probably intolerant and ignorant.
>>
>>1243573
Dubrovnik is amazing when it's warm outside
>>
I'm doing two weeks in the Balkans here in August/September.

Flying in to Podgorcia (not staying) traveling to Kotor bay, Dubrovnik (taking a day trip to Mostar lel) and then flying out of Split.
>>
>>1243791
>>1243778
I have been to Krakow and Warsaw. At this point the places in Poland I'm most interested in visiting are Gdansk and Auschwitz.

In the future (or maybe I'll end up doing this instead during summer) I would like to travel around the Baltics and also include Gdansk.
>>1243769
Thanks, where would you say is the best place to stay based in the Julian Alps? Is there somewhere similar to Interlaken in Switzerland, or Poprad in Slovakia?
>>
Skip Zagreb and check out plitvice lakes instead. And just so you know, Dubrovnik has no train station.
>>
Aren't there a lot of gypsies in the Balkans?
>>
>>1243744
>Vienna is expensive
This, also Salzburg is better
>>
>>1243912

Only a few percent of the whole population
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.