[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Australia more lower class and uneducated than the rest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

Is Australia more lower class and uneducated than the rest of the first world?
>>
>>1243273

No. Not that I have found.
>>
>>1243274
Where in Australia have you been though?
>>
>>1243273
Australian here, lower class sure. Less educated no. We are perceived as lower class because we swear a lot and generally don't give a fuck about what people think. We are however, as a country we are highly educated.

http://www.russellsage.org/sites/default/files/Fig10_Comparative_hires_0.png

See graph
>>
>>1243280
>Anonymous 04/30/17(Sun)16:21:55 No.1243280▶
>>>1243273 (OP)
>Australian here, lower class sure. Less educated no. We are perceived as lower class because we swear a lot and generally don't give a fuck about what people think. We are however, as a country we are highly educated.
>http://www.russellsage.org/sites/default/files/Fig10_Comparative_hires_0.png

but it's only the people who live in cities that are educated.
>>
File: 2922343599_04a411da7f_m.jpg (16KB, 240x192px) Image search: [Google]
2922343599_04a411da7f_m.jpg
16KB, 240x192px
>>1243273
http://hdr.undp.org/en/composite/HDI

read em and weep amerifat
>>
>>1243281
Not really, we have a lot of engineers and scientists in the rural areas for mining work.
>>
>>1243283
Yes but they usually come there from the cities for work.
>>
>>1243281
>but it's only the people who live in cities that are educated.

This isn't true. If you've ever spent any extended period of time in rural Australia, you would know that.
>>
They're definitely brighter than Americans
>>
>>1243288
Incorrect. A lot of the mining companies give grants to locals to study anything related to the field. If you study part time they usually pay the course fees too. That's not to mention all the other management, health and financial professionals that are in the regional areas to support the industrial towns.

Yes there are less graduates in the rural areas, but I think that is true for every country on earth ?
>>
File: 1490782543536 (1).jpg (107KB, 549x475px) Image search: [Google]
1490782543536 (1).jpg
107KB, 549x475px
>>1243281
>>1243280
Its a good thing, they are free and dont care what other think, thats why they seem like "lower class" but i love it this way, even if i am half south asian and we get a lot of racicst comments.

Its the price you pay for freedom and i am way happier being a Lowerclass mindseted OZ then beeing a Eurocuck
>>
>>1243321
Don't take it to heart ting, it's just a bit of friendly banter, cunt. We love foreigners who embrace our culture, there is no other country in the world where race is so insignificant, as long as you follow Australian values.
>>
File: Welcome to Wales!.jpg (62KB, 615x461px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to Wales!.jpg
62KB, 615x461px
>>1243273
The Aussies are irreverent, blunt, and call a spade a spade. I wouldn't mistake that for being "lower class" or uneducated though - not while I've got the Welsh and most of Merseyside to compare them to ...
>>
>>1243325
I know, It was my lifegoal to life in OZ, i startet studying immediantly to study Agribiz so i can get a citizenship and leave Germany.

I love nearly every day in Australia, i feel incredibly free.

Only thing that annoys me a bit are the strict gun laws and the high regulations for hunting, its hard to know when you allowed where and when to catch sth
>>
>>1243293

This.
>>
This isn't a travel thread, it should be /int/.
>>
>>1243320
But the majority or rural scum leave school in grade 10.
>>
>>1243293
>>1243342

Statistics say otherwise.
>>
>>1243280
this. They don't care much.
>>
>>1243273
This implies Australia is 1st world.
>>
>>1243281
>but it's only the people who live in cities that are educated.
This is a strange trolling attempt--you are trying to enrage rural Australians, as far as I can tell?--but statistically, this is true virtually worldwide. Urban populations are more educated than rural populations, and urban students perform better than rural ones, everywhere people have tried to measure it.

That doesn't mean that there aren't highly educated people in the countryside, nor uneducated people in the cities. But on a macro scale, the hinterlands aren't as well-educated as the urban centers.

>Also, who cares?
>>
>>1243273

australia is like toronto, full of overpriced bullshit and they all think they're above the rest

watch in 20-30 years, this country will fall in its own hubris and be a 3rd world shithole
>>
>>1243273
>>>/pol/ your containment board needs you
>>
>>1243464
Things are only overpriced because we're isolated and we have the 10% goods and services tax
We won't be poor for a long time because (1) we have a shitload of primary resources, (2) we have spent wisely on education and healthcare, and (3) we're one of the most successful multicultural societies in western history, with constant and controlled immigration
It's ok to be envious anon
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.