[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

21 year old apprentice bricklayer from the UK here. Sick of my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170102_174205.jpg (364KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170102_174205.jpg
364KB, 2592x1944px
21 year old apprentice bricklayer from the UK here. Sick of my boring depressing life and living in this grey miserable hellhole. Looking to leave everything behind and run away to a new country. I have hardly any money, enough for a plane ticket but I have nothing holding me back. Has anyone here actually done this and just left with very little planning and is anyone here thinking of doing this and maybe interested in joining my plan?

Pic related is my housemate
>>
>>1243073
You should save up some money and get at least somewhat of a plan, lest you end up like those broke backpackers in Southeast Asia that everyone hates.

Given your nationality, I would suggest looking into a working holiday visa for Australia, New Zealand, or Japan.
>>
>>1243074
> working holiday visa for Australia, New Zealand, or Japan.

I appreciate your input but this really isn't what I'm after. I want to permanently move to another country without the possibility of coming back. As an EU citizen I can legally live and work in any country in the Eurozone but I was considering going to South Africa or somewhere similar and overstaying the Visa duration. I'm looking for someone else to do this with or at least get started off with and then split up. Bare in mind I can work as a bricklayer which is a skilled trade.
>>
>>1243074
Also I am sick of doing everything through the proper channels and all the bureaucracy that comes with it. I want a new life and I want the thrill of an adventure.
>>
>>1243075
>I was considering going to South Africa or somewhere similar and overstaying the Visa duration.
>>1243077
>Also I am sick of doing everything through the proper channels and all the bureaucracy
You're retarded desu.

Also, South Africa is really shit and I wouldn't recommend going there at all for anything other than tourism. It has the very real potential to become Zimbabwe 2.0.
>>
>>1243080
How do you know this and please explain what you mean about Zimbabwe 2.0. Also don't call me a retard when you don't even know me.
>>
>>1243073
OP, your post sounds a lot like this thread: >>1237083

Message the OP from the other thread, you two sound both crazy enough to actually pull this off
>>
>>1243073
I'm feeling the same as you. Fucking off to Colombia. Seems as good a place as any.
>>
>>1243084
I read his thread but this guy wants to live like a bum. I actually wanna have a decent life.
>>
>>1243085
Can share your plan with me and also a bit about yourself and your situation please?
>>
>>1243087
I thought you wanted a new life and the thrill of an adventure? Heck, the guy from the Japan thread had:
1. New life (check)
2. Thrill of an adventure (check)

Just how picky can you get?
>>
>>1243090
I don't like Japan. They will be too hot on the visa - it is too risky. With South Africa or somewhere like it it will be much easier to operate initially without documentation. I think it will be easier to find work, also there is no language barrier.
>>
>>1243090
With my UK passport I will have 90 days in South Africa before my visa runs out. That's 3 months to get up and running, get employment and accommodation sorted, get a car etc. If after 90 days it's gone horribly wrong then I can return to the UK and only 3 months have gone by.
>>
>>1243092
Don't say u want the "thrill of an adventure" then. Might as well do a trip to the nearby 7eleven
>>
>>1243095
Same thing in Japan
>>
>>1243095
South Africa is extremely corrupt under Jacob Zuma and now it's experiencing increasing racial tensions from Zuma and Julius Malema, who are no longer political allies, but both want to give white land to blacks without any compensation, just like Zimbabwe did.
>>1243092
Do you realize how easy it is to get a visa in most countries as a Westerner?
>>
>>1243096
Be quiet fool, I don't like Japan that's the bottom line.
>>
>>1243098
Yes with UK passports I can get easy entry but not long term.
>>
>>1243101
Every1 on 4chan likes Japan. Wrong forum.

Lol jk m8 u do u
>>
>>1243075
>I was considering going to South Africa or somewhere similar and overstaying the Visa duration.

You will end up being the one white British boy in South African jail. Better lube your ass.
>>
Northern Pakistan is the place to be
>>
>Have a strong passport, many legal and easy visa options
>Seriously think about illegally staying in countries
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>1243075
>South Africa
South Africa is awesome for a holiday, and most white ppl live comfier lives than most Europeans (despite the /pol/-tier nonsense on 4chan that gets repeated any time Africa is mentioned).

That said, there's no way you can really live a comfy life here working illegally, unless you have relatives who can take you in.

The first guy was right about working holidays to Australia, NZ or Canada.

I know you said you want to move permanently, but starting with a working holiday visa is the only realistic way to begin for someone your age w/o a uni degree. You need to get the working holiday visa, find a job, and then build links to the country. You can look into permanent residency down the line.

If you actually want to move permanently and build a comfortable life in another country, don't try to live and work illegally. That's an option you take if you're a desperate person from the third world; not if you're just another miserable Brit who wants to live somewhere more sunny and interesting that makes you want to get our of bed in the morning.

Do it properly, or you'll just end up back where you are in a year or two.

Good luck!
>>
>>1243139
I am a skilled bricklayer, surely finding work wont be that hard?
>>
>>1243140
You can't *legally* work without a work permit. It's very important for you to understand that if you travel outside the EU.

Furthermore, South Africa has an unemployment rate pushing 30% and it's one of the most unequal countries on earth. Could you find work as a bricklayer w/o a residence permit? Yes, but you would be paid a very low income because you're working illegally and you're competing with lots of desperate people from southern African countries, such as Zimbabwe or Mozambique, who come to SA looking for work.

SA's a great place for a vacation once you get settled in Australia, New Zealand or Canada. In some ways the Australian lifestyle is similar to the lifestyle that most white South Africans enjoy (although the food and wine in SA is better).
>>
>>1243089
My plan is to get a job before I go out there. I'm working hard on that but I know it's difficult and I might not be successful. If I don't get a job I'll go in July anyway on my 6 month visa free stay. Christmas time a short trip to Panama or somewhere then back for another 6 months. Confident I can get a job by then otherwise I'll be getting a student visa.
>>
>>1243077
Grow up mate. This approach will get you a jail cell.
>>
>>1243075
>skilled trade
>brickies apprentice

Finish your apprenticeship or you won't get a job being a brickies labourer.
>>
>>1243089
>crashing this citizen
>with no survivors
>>
>>1243102
>completely ignores the point of mounting racial tensions in an already tense country
>>
>>1243148
Yeah man, people looking for illegal workers post that shit online constantly.
Serious question though, have you travelled over seas before?
>>
>>1243102
OP, seriously stop being an entitled teenager. You either haven't grown out of that phase, or are trying to make up for it.

Brick laying barely qualifies as a skilled skill. It's usually poorly paid, and is generally no true career path unless you want to stay in dead end manual blue collar job all your life.

Going at it illegally, whilst tempting, is retarded. I say this as someone who had to apply to about 1000 jobs (not an exaggeration) to get a job in the UK that would sponsor my visa. I admittedly hit the lottery, as it's well paid. But even with all the resources that they're throwing at me, I still have had 5 months of visa application procedure. Having said this, without the visa, I'd be unable to even have a bank account over there, let along actually having a good job.
>>
>>1243182
Same here when I moved to the uk. Even though I was lucky, it was still hard shit. Op need to get back to reality.
>>
Do this:
http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/bricklayer/
>>
>>1243082
Rhodesia taken over by black people and turned into Zimbabwe.
>>
>>1243192
Under rated
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.