[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going backpacking in central America for a month (read:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1493260718845.jpg (446KB, 2500x2007px) Image search: [Google]
1493260718845.jpg
446KB, 2500x2007px
I'm going backpacking in central America for a month (read: 25 days) over the summer. Given this length of time what backpack should I get? In terms of size, type. How much should I bring?

How many changes of clothes would you guys bring? Are there laundromats common down there?

Also: how much would a solid drunken bender cost?
>>
>>1242713
One big enough to fit the amount of clothes you'll be bringing? What kinda answer were you expecting?
>>
>>1242715
Don't ever reply to my thread in that tone again you little bitch
>>
>>1242718
Fuck off back to /b/
>>
>>1242715
Pretty much this, really, there's no secret answer. Maybe if you are into fashion you should ask /fa/.
>>
I can't answer any of your questions op but what's up with these assholes not giving you and answer and then ignoring your questions?

If it wasn't clear OP wants to know how many clothes he should bring for 25days

Are laundromats common in the location

And how much would it cost him to get smashed
>>
>>1242713
You're most likely looking at a pack of 60L or more, preferably a top/front loader with a few zippered side packets. Make sure it fits well.

And use laundromats, 2-3 changes of clothes plus some extra underwear and socks will do.
>>
File: 1395690074261.jpg (103KB, 420x240px) Image search: [Google]
1395690074261.jpg
103KB, 420x240px
>>1242718
>>
desu a 15~20 Liter bag is enough for 4x socks, underwear and t-shirts, that's all the clothesline you need.
>>
>>1242784
sup OP

shit thread btw
>>
File: 1475588337405.jpg (133KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475588337405.jpg
133KB, 1440x1080px
>>1242784
Jesus Christ, is it possible to samefag more obviously?
>>
>>1242964
>>1242973
This is op checking back, that was not me but I appreciate his concern for quality of threads
>>1242800
>>1242949
Thank you for the first legitimate answers to my question
>>
>>1243215
I was traveling japan for 2 weeks and had basically a week worth of clothes. Almost all hostels have washing and drying machines so it is easier to just pay a small sum and wash them every so often. Bought an Osprey Farpoint 55L backpack and in retrospect I think it might have been tad too big. I had it packed to about 80% only and could've went lower I believe. If you are bringing a considerable amount of stuff make sure to buy a backpack with waist straps and chest strap. Carrying stuff on the shoulder all day is not so easy and the small strap at the chest does wonders as well. The farpoint I hava has a small detachable backpack, ideal for city touring if you can leave your luggage somewhere.
>>
Length of time is irrelevant for trips more than 7 days, it's all the same past that.

Central America is hot, you often won't have air conditioning where you'll be staying, and you'll probably be doing sweaty things outdoors. So you'll need to change clothes more than once a day.

Everyone's different but for my RTW kit I take 5-7 t-shirts, 3 shorts (2 normal, 1 running), 3 long pants (2 normal, 1 stretchy hiking/adventure/etc pants), 5 pairs of underwear and around 7 pairs of socks.

For you I'd recommend 5-7 tshirts, 2 pairs of shorts, 1 pair of long pants that isn't too hot (e.g. not jeans), 3-5 pairs of travel underwear, and 5 pairs of travel-type socks. I also take a light jacket, light rain jacket, and lots of other things that I only need rarely or in certain climates. I use 70L (50L backpack + 20L daypack) for all of that.

If you're only going to be in Central America, I'd say you can easily make do with a 40L bag (and packable day pack) as long as you don't bring large camera equipment or other bulky items, especially if you're sure that you won't have use for a warm jacket.

You could get it down lower than 40L but you'll have to sacrifice more with less benefit.
>>
File: 20563.jpg (111KB, 650x772px) Image search: [Google]
20563.jpg
111KB, 650x772px
What do you guys use as a daypack?

I have a cheap 30L bag and it's alright, but stuffing a daybag in there makes things complicated

seems like anything bigger than those packable ones that you can squeeze down into a fist makes things difficult, but then you've got a bag with zero ridigity all day, that you will be using for most of the actual time outside of the accomodation
>>
>>1242800
probably this, unless you aren't doing any multi-day hiking. if you're just doing day hikes don't go any bigger than a 35L with dimensions that meet requirements of the most autistic airline you're flying on. be sure to check weight limits for carry-on bags too
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.