[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Great to visit, shit to live in: - Iceland - Korea - Japan Shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: 1488696345557.png (526KB, 511x594px) Image search: [Google]
1488696345557.png
526KB, 511x594px
Great to visit, shit to live in:
- Iceland
- Korea
- Japan

Shit to visit, great to live in:
- Finland

Where do other countries fit in? Are any great for both?
>>
Wrong for Korea and Japan. I've had a blast living in Korea. My cousin had a blast living in Japan. Never been to Iceland or Finland
>>
>>1242499
B-but muh anonymous 4chan posters told me Japanese people work 90 hours a week and are all alcoholics and have dysfunctional families where they hate their wives and their children don't even know their fathers and they all commit suicide and rape and molest each other on trains and also they don't have any hobbies or have fun or relax and also they are all racist and the government is corrupt and covers up all crimes and they all fake kindness and hate each other and also they don't have sex and their birth rate is falling and they are DOOMED (even though according to demography (which is fake) all developed countries eventually experience a drop in birth rate which is backed up by statistics of many European countries (these statistics are fake like all statistics about Japan))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>1242499
Teaching english isn't a real job.
>>
>>1242538
What does even mean? They pay well with low living costs. Japan is higher living costs though. I saved $20,000 working in Korea for 2 years without being frugal. My cousin hasn't saved a dime though hah. I'm leaving korea in June starting my masters this fall. Getting my masters in teaching with Math and English endorsements.
>>
>>1242591
It doesn't mean anything, even though it's /trv/ we're still on 4chan.
>>
>>1242603
Yeah i suppose i have slightly unrealistic standards for this board. Can't escape the shitposting it seems.
>>
>>1242591
Firstly how the fuck were you an English teacher ? After what I just read there is no way English is your first language.

Secondly, English teaching isn't a real job in Asian countries, you're just teaching people to speak a native or second language that you know. It requires absolutely skill what so ever. If you had a real job, ie medical, accounting, finance, engineering, IT, you wouldn't be saying they are great to live in. Cost of living might be cheap, sure, if you want to make that trade off for garbage work/life balance and shitty conditions.

You can't say these countries aren't shit to live in when really all you did was an extended working holiday.
>>
>>1242622
>Y-you may have lived in a country for years while I haven't stepped foot in it and all I know about it is from anonymous shitposters on the internet but let ME tell you that you are wrong!
>You didn't REALLY live there!!!
Do you even realize how fucking stupid you sound?
>>
>>1242643
Shit strawman retard.

You didn't have a real job, you had a comfy autismo friendly job that requires no skill at all. You didn't work a real job you are not fit to comment on the work life balance of these countries. Japan is notorious for the hours the salarymen have to work, they do overtime even if they aren't actually doing anything productive to save face. Or are the multiple studies done completely wrong and the retard with a liberal arts degree whose only prospect for employment is teaching his native language to Asian people the authority on the subject?
>>
>>1242622
>>1242668
not the guy you were replying to but
Kill yourself.
>>
>>1242668
>when you have a shit job in a country, living in that country is shit

really brings the noggin to a joggin
>>
>>1242669
>>1242670
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po8IPh64rVM

Yeah sorry I was completely wrong. The working hours in Japan for a real job look great.
>>
>>1242671
>only the shit jobs that are convient for the retarded point I am trying to make are real jobs

seriously consider suicide
>>
>>1242672
I mean obviously there are other examples of jobs, I just listed a few. Teaching english in a foreign country does not give you experience of that countries work culture in it's entirety. I don't know why that is shocking to half of you retards. Then again for most of you aiming higher than some pointless liberal arts degree and teaching english in animeland is out of the question.
>>
>>1242495
"I've never lived in Asia" 4chan starter pack
>>
>>1242674
nobody said anything about the work culture fuckwit. The thread is about the general living conditions. So if someone says they had a great time living in a place nobody cares if you chime in with your meme opinion
>>
>>1242678
Unless you are a trust fund baby you are going to be working while you live there. So no, incorporating the work life balance into what a country is like to live in isn't a meme opinion.

Now if you are done sperging out because I made fun of your "job" and want to have a reasonable discussion that isn't based on your precious feelings, feel free to contribute. Or keep sperging out because you are insecure about your shitty life choices because some random anon made fun of you on the internet.
>>
>>1242678
sorry most people don't mooch off their parents
>>
Is collecting neetbux and shitposting a real job?
>>
>>1242622
I'm on my phone buddy gimme a break. But i think you're probably booty blasted regardless of how nice my grammar is on 4chan
>>
>>1242622
>>1242668
But i teach at a prestigious language school that sends a good % off too SKY universities. There are the kindergarten entertainers, which is also a job and a skill but mine is more TOEFL/TOEIC test oriented. My boss is a well travelled man and the majority of my classes are one-on-one style.

I love it here and my job is incredibly low stress. Also it feels rewarding seeing your students succeed down the road and see their growth.

But you seem to be a little mentally skewed for some reason. What's your history in these "shit countries" specifically? What cities did you visit? What regions? What did you do there?
>>
>>1242896
He obviously hasn't been anywhere.

He is the kind of person who fell for the STEM meme, he has been doing nothing but studying and working his whole life, only focusing on his tunnel vision view of what a normal successful life is, an in achieving his success, he has become a shallow, bitter husk of a person. Just a normal American STEM autist. EVERYTHING needs to be efficient and lead to success foe him, no joy, no passion, just success .
>>
>>1242495
>Shit to visit, great to live in:
>- Finland
what kind of person are you?
>>
>>1243001
Not OP, but Finland has very low crime (mostly drunk domestic violence), fully subsidized top-tier health care and education right up to the PhD level, world class infrastructure, great nature in the summer, comfy apartments (all triple-glazed windows and constantly heated to around 21C), easy and cheap connections to other Nordic and Baltic countries. Cheap and fast internet. The people can be gloomy because of a combination of weather, alcoholism, and autism, but living in Finland truly is life on easy mode.
>>
>>1243030
Internet is the only cheap thing in Finland though.
Living is crazy expensive, alcohol is expensive, it's dark and cold for ages, people don't talk, it's conservative as hell, people are pussies about everything (DONT EAT THAT MUCH SALT!)
Every Finn i know and that's quite a few hates it. I love it for holiday though, it's easy to get girls because finnish guys don't really understand the flirting game and the nature is stunning.
>>
I'd say it's pretty damn great to live in Japan. Yeah, there is a lot of work, the ironing board is retardedly small and the toilet paper is too thin. Otherwise I fucking love it.
>>
>>1242495
I visited Iceland and have to say it was the most beautiful place I've ever been. Why would you say it's bad to live in? High cost of living, too many foreigners/tourists, etc?
>>
>>1243032
Isn't Finland like the most promiscuous country?
>>
Great to visit, shit to live in:
- Great Britain
- Canada
- Germany
- Israel

- Australia
>>

Singapore
>>
>>1243032
But that's the view of frustrated teenagers. It's a super easy and comfy place to live in for the long term though. Most people accept the high taxes on alcohol for public health and safety reasons, and the high VAT, because it pays for education, health, infrastructure, etc. It's just a different culture from America for example.

>>1243394
Normie Finns are having drunk casual sex from a young age. It's just not a big deal for most Finns. But you know 4chan is full of irresistible super-studs who style on local cucks wherever they go...
>>
>>1242495
This is a shit thread. OP keeps getting blown the fuck out by people who actually lived there and he seems like he hasn't even visited any of the places on his list.

Take this shit to /int/ where it belongs
>>
>>1243402
Go to reddit if you don't like differences in opinion.
>>
File: 1399735130547.png (77KB, 669x683px) Image search: [Google]
1399735130547.png
77KB, 669x683px
>>1243402
>>1243477
Ultimately it's a subjective thing what is a "good" place to live. It's not like recommending vacation spots. Someone was complaining about the cost of living in Finland, but most voters in the Nordic countries support high taxes and high levels of public services. Oh well, that's up to them. We should try to keep this thread from turning into /int/-style shitposting.
>>
>>1243396
What do people see in Australia? I've lived here all my life, the good times are clearly behind us, I fucking hate it.
>>
>>1243477
Cmon buddy You realize OP was clearly shit posting right? He didn't just "have a different opinion".
>>
>>1243567
They've only just begun lad, every ther western county has big issues but Australia is just plodding along being a top earner, manufacturer and exporter. look at the GFC, we bearly noticed it while the uk and USA caught fire.
>>
>>1242591
Teaching English is fine for something to experience right after graduation, but it's a poor thing to put on a resume unless you go into teaching. Obviously, you've thought it out. On top of that though, teaching in wealthy countries has a ceiling to it age wise unless you're teaching at a university.
>>
>>1243032
>it's dark and cold for ages, people don't talk
Sounds like heaven
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.