/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got a new job in Los Angeles and want to move there.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: los angeles subway map.jpg (735KB, 2318x3000px) Image search: [Google]
los angeles subway map.jpg
735KB, 2318x3000px
I just got a new job in Los Angeles and want to move there.

What areas should I focus on in my search? My new job is near Pershing Square and I own a car. I've heard the traffic is nightmarish so being near a train station would be nice.
>>
File: normaldayinLA.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
normaldayinLA.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>1242478
LA native here.

You dont want to move here. I dont know where you live now but it doesnt matter. You will hate life if you have to get to Pershing Sqaure everyday. I promise you will. Unless theyre paying you A LOT (and I mean like $80k minimum) I would turn down the offer.

The trains in LA are a joke and only poor people use them. A car is still the fastest way around LA even with the shit gridlock traffic.
>>
>>1242481
I actually live in Long Beach right now but don't want to spend 3 hours on the blue line every day.

The salary is 75k. There's also overtime, so I'd like to be able to have lots of choice on when I go home.

What's so bad about Pershing Square? And what can I do to get ahead in terms of car commute?
>>
>>1242482
>The salary is 75k

In LA? Jeez man I feel horrible for you
>>
>>1242488
It's 50% more than I was making before.

Do you think I should stay where I am instead? How can I avoid the 710 inbound each morning?
>>
>>1242490
75k in LA is like 30k in a normal place
>>
>>1242491
Hmm, too late to negotiate. I already signed the contract. Now I'm having serious doubts.

Fug.
>>
>>1242492
Best thing to do is look for a roommate or something
>>
The fact that you live in Long Beach makes your move to LA a good choice. Ive been living in this shitty city for almost two years now and I'm about to graduate in 3 weeks. There literally is nothing special about this place. Head on out to LA man, that city at least has something going on.

Get ready to deal with some of the worst women you have ever meet in your life. We are talking complete and total bitches.
>>
>>1242482
I'm the la native who first replied to you. I live right across the bridges in Pedro. Take a drive one day out to where the location is. Everything west of the 110 and north of the 10 is welcome to hell. I dont even go to kings games anymore because getting to staples from pedro takes an hour. I remember when I could get to Staples in like 25 minutes from Pedro (when there was an actual carpool lane on the 110 and not this fasttrack jew shit).

Also why would you wanna leave a chill coastal city like long beach and move inland into the concrete wasteland that is DTLA? Living in the city of LA is shit. I wish Pedro would secede and become our own city.

I live in Pedro because I work on the docks. I'm trying to buy a house in RPV or Lomita because I want to be close to the waterfront but out of the city of LA.

Where are you gonna live that's nice and not far from pershing square on a $75k salary? You're not gonna get long beach rents West of the 110.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.