[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure where to post this but... How do you decide where to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Not sure where to post this but...

How do you decide where to move?

I currently live in Orange County, California, USA. I am homeless as of today, have a little bit of savings but lost my job and my apartment within the past month.. and do not have any idea where to go. I'm a freethinker, love being outside, making art/painting, hiking etc.. I cannot really afford to do that here. Rent is crazy high and jobs pay too low.

I have an idea of where I would like to live but cannot decide to save my life, I fear moving elsewhere and regretting it.
>>
There's still some last minute hiring going on for summer work in Alaska. Look for a place that offers housing, work for the summer, have some fun and decide where to settle in the fall.
>>
How much do you have? You could just pick a country that you've always wanted to go to and start there. Or move all around the US. Go to Alaska like anon said, or work at a resort in some national park. The money might not be amazing but you'll be with awesome people and it'll kill time until you have a better idea of what you want to do.
>>
>>1241816
are you a young person in your 20s who is going crazy?
Get meds
>>
>>1241956
yeah I am a young person in my 20's who is going crazy... not gonna take meds.
>>
>>1241816
Go back and live with your senpai until you sort things out. You won't be able to process your issues and think through your options if you're homeless.

>>1242033
>not gonna take meds
The verge of homelessness isn't the best time to act like an edgy teenager.
>>
>>1242037
I am homeless, not on the verge.
I just can't figure out what dr to go to, i don't know if that is going to help with an immediate change.
>>
Start with a therapist or counselor. If they feel you may have a mental condition that requires drugs they'll recommend you a psychiatrist. If you don't need drugs, a counselor can just help you talk through your problems.
>>
>>1241816
>I'm a freethinker, love being outside, making art/painting, hiking etc.

Meaning : I'm a hippie faggot pot smoker who doesn't like to work
>>
>>1241816
Hey, is that Crescent Bay?

t. Irvine res
>>
>>1242058
Move back in with your mom/dad until you sort stuff out (I tried to say family in the earlier post). A General Practitioner is capable of diagnosing and beginning to treat mental health issues, you can make decisions about long term treatment down the line.
>>
File: 1381079565468.jpg (57KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1381079565468.jpg
57KB, 479x720px
>>1241816
> I'm a freethinker
>>
>>1242177
somewhere near la jolla, not sure exactly.
>>
>>1242202
Can't do that, we aren't close and they are doing their own thing.

So I'm on my own.

>>1242075
I like working actually, just hate jobs.
>>
>>1241816
>How do you decide where to move?

I go where the work is in my industry. Sounds like you have a lot of hobbies and not many skills. The jobs you're qualified for will always pay low anywhere you go, and rent will always seem high.

There are state and federal programs for young people to learn a trade. That would be a more realistic avenue for unfucking your life than day dreaming about some magical land where they hand out well paying jobs to free thinkers.

>>1242413
>I like working actually, just hate jobs.

You should lead with that in job interviews.
>>
>>1241816
I would suggest you look into pulling your resources locally. If you really want to get out of there then look into phoenix arizona or maybe even riverside california.
>>
>>1241816
You want to move somewhere where you can just hang out and do what you want as an artist?
Almost no where.
>>
File: image.png (201KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
201KB, 380x380px
>>1242413
>I like working actually, I just hate jobs.

Christ almighty, you sound insufferable. I've never been to Cali but I've heard there are a lot of people like you there. Is this true?
Can any other yankanons verify this?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.