[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where are the best places to go for a holiday for weed? Is Amsterdam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6

File: giphy.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 400x300px
Where are the best places to go for a holiday for weed? Is Amsterdam the only option?

It sounds as though more and more coffeeshops are closing, but the government won't give out licenses.

Is it still the best place to go?
>>
>>1240392
Denver
>>
go to a state where its legal.
>>
>>1240394
>>1240395
I don't live in America. I'm from Europe.

Would it actually be worth travelling to one of the legal states compared to Amsterdam?
>>
weed isn't worth a holiday
amsterdam isn't very good for long unless you're really into art

just go to some mediterannean country and buy hash from blacks/arabs
>>
>>1240394
/thread
>>
>>1240396
Depends on what else you want to do? Colorado has great outdoor activities (hiking, biking, rock climbing, skiing). Amsterdam has greater history, architecture and art galleries. Amsterdam has good historical beer tradition but Colorado has a craft brew scene. Amsterdam has truffles.

You can find a million ways to fill your time no matter where you go, so the cheaper shorter flight would be the better option. Make a trip worth your while if you're going to shell out the cash to cross the Atlantic. Get enough weed to sustain you for the trip then make a point to get to two or three national parks by car.
>>
>>1240399
Who are you to say that weed is not worth a holiday? Your statement is very presumptuous. Perhaps OP values smoking weed more than you and perhaps he/she wants to do so while experiencing a new location or culture.
>>
>>1240404
weed isn't worth a holiday, because 9/10 destinations already have weed available
it's almost as ubiquitous as beer
>>
File: 1492593678793.gif (3MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492593678793.gif
3MB, 444x250px
>>1240400
>>1240394
>tfw going to denver then amsterdam in a month
>>
>>1240399
There's tons of things to do in Amsterdam even if you don't step foot in a coffeeshop.
>>
>>1240407
19/20 locations do not have easily available, quasi-legal weed. Being able to sample a load of different strains and shops and settings is an experience rather than buying off some dodgy guy on a street corner while being afraid to smoke it anywhere.
>>
When I went to Nepal Hash was plentiful. Good hash was harder to come by but still possible. Smoked some pollen a hotel worker gathered out in the KTM hillsides and it smelled like grade A kief. Essentially what it was.
>>
>>1240447
I never understood why you hear so many stories about people getting wacky hash in places like Morocco and Nepal. They produce so much, why the fuck can't they just sell you some of that? Why do they have to go sell you something they spent time making more shitty with adulterants, when the real stuff is so fucking plentiful?
>>
File: 1477733157995.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1477733157995.gif
140KB, 379x440px
Are the good times over for weed in Amsterdam? I hear they've gone from 500+ coffeeshops down to less than 200 and they won't issue new licenses.
>>
>>1240409
nice
>>
>>1240392
If you want European dope vacation then there's city guides here with somewhat accurate info for getting weed http://naughtynomad.com/europe/

Vancouver you can also just buy any weed you want now with no ID inside most dispensaries. If you come here in the summer while there are cruise ships, the weed smoking lounges are full of qt American tourist chicks plus our dollar is plunging fast so prob cheap for you to be here instead of Denver. I used to go to Mark Emery's Cannabis Culture lounge on Hastings St it's 2 levels, costs $5 per hour to smoke there and you don't have to use vaporizers you can buy bongs or roll joints. They have a new lounge on Davie St where it's a total free for all and anybody can buy directly in the lounge now like an Amsterdam coffee shop.

Just don't as a tourist get caught smoking in public or be non-discreet, you can still get deported for possession here but it's very unlikely to happen unless you do something really stupid like flash your giant bag of dope around or smoke on the beach, where all smoking is prohibited.

You should also time your visit for around 4/20 since there's always this kind of a beach party full of shnarbs who are all Dude Weed! https://youtu.be/boDobUIAlNg

Washington and Oregon also are pretty much legalized too and the Oregon coast is pretty awesome, plus cheap
>>
>>1240623
Because everybody who approaches you on the street is a scammer. You have to know some locals or at least ask your hotel bellhop or something where to get dope and he'll hook you up with the real shit.

A friend of mine was approached by some guy on a patio in Morocco if he wanted to buy some hash which he did, so guy said he'd be back and returned on a motorcycle throwing a football sized chunk of hash to him and demanding like 1000 Euros for it. Classic set up where he would have called the cops afterwards to bust him and pay another bribe.

Later he just asked his pizza delivery driver for hash and the guy brought grade A shit for dirt cheap on the downlow no throwing dope at you in public.
>>
>>1240808
>Just don't as a tourist get caught smoking in public or be non-discreet
That's what so appealing about Amsterdam. It may as well be legal there and there's no shadiness at all.

>>1240815
Yeah, fuck buying stuff off the streets.
>>
>>1240819
It is legal in Canada starting next year, but cops still use the illegality loopholes right now to deport undesireables but that's only if you're drunk as fuck and making a scene and they find weed on you or you are selling it in public, or you are doing something so incredibly stupid you deserve to be deported otherwise nobody will ever bother you.

Amsterdam totally changed the laws http://www.newsweek.com/marijuana-and-old-amsterdam-308218 anything with real THC in it is considered 'hard drugs' now.
>>
>>1240822
>>Amsterdam totally changed the laws http://www.newsweek.com/marijuana-and-old-amsterdam-308218 anything with real THC in it is considered 'hard drugs' now.
That's depressing. Feels like I missed the glory days.
>>
>>1240829
Don't feel too bad the glory days were getting robbed at knifepoint in broad daylight by a scruffy looking Algerian in the middle of a busy Amsterdam street. The coffeeshops were just full of Americans anyway so may as well go to Denver. The Cannabis Cups are all in the US now too https://www.cannabiscup.com/
>>
don't listen to all those americans, they don't know shit outside their country. If you have to cross the ocean, go to Uruguay
Yes, weed is legal there.

but honestly, it's not worth travelling for. And in the Netherlands you can still buy it in coffee shops, cheap. (Hash is cheaper)
>>
>>1240833
>>Don't feel too bad the glory days were getting robbed at knifepoint in broad daylight by a scruffy looking Algerian in the middle of a busy Amsterdam street
Mind explaining?
>>
>>1240837
Nothing to explain really, walked around for less than a few minutes before some Algerian guy who spoke no english pulled a knife on us on held his hand out obviously indicating give me money. This was in a crowd of people too who just walked past not caring. It was also a filthy city with a rusty bike literally changed to everything that looked like it hadn't been moved in over a decade. The Americans beside us in the hostel also got robbed, this was early 2000s.

I was only there for a layover to get a flight to Africa on KLM. Btw, if you want weed go to somewhere in Africa it's everywhere and girls follow you around asking if you want to smoke with them. They're prostitutes but it was still fun to drink on a patio and smoke dope with a group of Sierra Leone hookers in The Gambia even though we didn't chance HIV by fucking them.
>>
>>1240396
Prague has lax drug laws, problem though you can still get fined(you won't get a hit criminal on your criminal record) if they catch you using hard drugs. Look it up, but I think it's around 100 euro(forgot the exchange rate etc.) tops if you get caught by a shitty cop who likes to be a dick. Weed should be no problem at all, even though it's illegal. Portugal police won't do shit, dunno about coffee shops, but you can use whatever drug you want and cops will not do anything (they are after the dealers, not the users).
You already had A'dam in mind and it's a good pick. Great city, a lot of shops. Just don't buy it from mostly black people on the streets. They'll either rip you off(giving you shitty weed), rob you or just waste your time and not actually have weed. You can also buy truffles(not shrooms, those are illegal) for some light hallucinogenic high. Funny thing was that my friend wanted truffles and the girl working at the coffee shop asked us if we wanted shrooms
>me:aren't those illegal?
>she:they are
>me:we'll take the truffles
>she:you sure
>>
>>1240822
Seems like bs, I was in Amsterdam last year and you could get weed without problems. Sorry for not analyzing it's thc value, but it was fine. This dude with his super favorite strain and who hates ever other weed plant seems like a weird sample size
>>
>>1240785
>>1240808
>>1240822
>getting your facts from a single news story
Why should anybody go to the US for weed? Your general attorney wants to crack down hard on weed, because it's still illegal nationally, have fun getting thrown in jail, I guess.
>>
>>1240847
Sounds like things actually got cleaned up. That sounds positive.

>>1240878
I'm too much of a pussy to try the truffles.
>>
>>1240895
It's fine as long one person is sober. I had a friend who did that for me and I did the same thing for my friend.
You can have a bad trip and it sucks if nobody is there to calm you down and if everybody's high it can get hairy. Thing is weak truffles almost never give you a bad trip, but also not a great high. Risk and reward. Strong hallucinogenic drugs can give you bad trips, those are like having a nightmare while you're awake... don't know anybody who experienced that while doing truffles, but hey, you know, don't try it if you don't know anybody who's familiar with it
>>
>>1240918
Yeah, I am interested but maybe next trip to Amsterdam. Thanks for the advice.
>>
BARCELONA
PRAGUE
AMSTERDAM

are the three weed flashpoints of europe right now.

Iceland has the highest per capita weed use in the world (20 percent).
Uruguay
Canada
Colorado/Washington state

If I were to personally plan an ideal weedcation, I would choose spain in europe and Canada on the other side of the atlantic.
>>
>>1240392
There are many bicycle roads that you just HAVE TO FUCKING DRIVE ON!!! amazing.
>>
Barcelona.
>>
In Copenhagen there's a neighborhood called freetown Christiania. I'm not sure how the laws work there is weed sold in booths and everyone is pretty open about it. There's a skatepark, a music venue, shops/bars, and graffiti everywhere. It's a pretty sweet place, kind of a juxtaposition to the posh streets of Copenhagen.
>>
I've heard Malawi is the weed capital of Africa if you're willing to go there lol
>>
Amsterdam was a bad joke in my eyes. I preferred Haarlem just outside of amsterdam or rotterdam way more. Also the coffeeshops are just as dense it seems but much more friendly usually.

Anyway, i had more fun smoking on small Thailand Islands or Pai up in the north. I also only heard good things about north india and nepal for this reason.

I am sure there are many great places
>>
>>1241217
>i had more fun smoking on small Thailand Islands
Which ones? I'm asking for a friend.
>>
>>1241220
lanta was my best experience where i stayed the longest, but from what i can tell almost any of the "party islands" and inbetween are full of drugs of all kinds.

I've seen joints and shrooms on menu cards.
>>
>>1240822
I can still buy 35% thc in shops and whatnot. This sounds like bullshit, they are even going to legalize growing the plants. They'll regulate it but if anything things are becoming more accessible.
>>
Honestly you def shouldn't go to Amsterdam for a weed vacation. You'll basicly be put in a seperated part of the city that is even more over touristified and expensive than you'll ever need. If you want a good doped out outing I would go to either the Czech Republic and especially the college towns like Brno. Or possibly portugal. While you can do it in Holland as a tourist you'll be pushed to the worst parts.

But if you have to come to Amsterdam, cheapest place is central next to the train station.
>>
>>1240396
The states of Washington and Colorado are worth visiting in their own right. The nature and scenery in both is incredible, and Seattle and Denver are both good cities to spend a few days in.
>>
>>1241130
The weed market in Christiania is a bit weird atm. The police are cracking down quite hard.
It's still being sold, but the police are not ignoring the place and turning a blind eye.
There is a risk of getting searched and receiving a fine. It's not a huge risk, but it is real.
>>
>>1240836
Uruguay, really the only correct answer for legal weed
>>
>>1241414
This, and also, Christiania is definitely not worth travelling for - at least if your main reason is the weed. Some places there still are cool and have a special atmosphere (some of the venues mainly) but overall the place is a shithole. filled with tough-guys and misery
>>
File: Dogs-on-a-plane.jpg (399KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Dogs-on-a-plane.jpg
399KB, 1600x1200px
I know that i can't bring weed back to my country from amsterdam but is it legal to bring weed-based edibles back to my country, like cookies or something similar? i'm just talking about a present for someone back home, not even for self use

anyone has ever tried this?
>>
>>1242214
Do you think cocaine becomes legal just because you put it in a cookie? No, of course not
>>
>>1242232
weed is not cocaine, maybe certain doses in certain forms (edibles) are tolerated
>>
>>1241594
How does one buy marihuana in Christiania? Do you ask tough guy for it or does tough guy ask you?
>>
File: 1493315273110.jpg (35KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
1493315273110.jpg
35KB, 620x349px
COLORADO!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!
>>
>>1240407
As someone who basically can't smoke indica and have a good time (couchlock and sleepiness) fuck you.
>>
>>1240785
>going in a few days
wew, thank god
>>
>>1240392
Barcelona
>>
>>1240918
>bad trip
>weed
Hahaha what the fuck?
>>
>>1242354
Oh wait hallucinogenic truffles? Nice. Gonna have to get some of those.
>>
You're wasting your time youth and money traveling "for weed"
>>
>>1242336
There are literal market stalls selling it out in the open.
Just a note: When you buy from those stalls, you finance violent gangs that murder people and exploit third world women through prostitution.

There is also the fact that these market stalls can fool foreigners into thinking that we have a Dutch system where the police don't care. There is a small risk of being stopped as you lesve Christiania and having your weed confiscated plus getting a fine.
>>
>>1242307
No, but why would there be any difference? Besides, you're making the question even harder to answer by not stating your country
>>
>>1242336
This guy is right >>1242363 but I don't know if there are actual stalls right now, as the people of Christiania basically threw out all of the pushers and took down their stalls after a cop was murdered last year

However, this obviously just meant that a lot of young men started walking around, offering weed and then slowly they're moving towards having stalls again, not sure how far they've gotten though

You will be offered weed lots of times in there. It might not net any results, but maybe try and find some locals and ask them for a good dealer - these days a lot of the weed/hash at Christiania can be pretty bad. Also, be aware that hash is cheaper than weed in Denmark
>>
>>1242387
There are stalls out there again. Not as many and not as pretty as before the crackdown though.
>>
>>1242389
Btw I'm not a daily regular out there, just live close by so I don't know if they are up every single day.

Even if they shouldn't be there, yes it won't be hard finding a seller
>>
I needed this thread. What's the best weed spot in Asia to go to from Japan? Round trip to the west coast of the U.S. Is too expensive
>>
Go to Barcelona, absolutely. Weed is ubiquitous there and there's great nightlife, good weather, beaches, parks etc etc etc.

It's a great place.
>>
>>1242387
I was in Copenhagen last October and got weed easily in Christiania.
I think the cop murder happened just before we arrived. I went to Christiania in the evening and asked a shady looking guy if he had anything for sale and he hooked me up.
>>
>>1241133
I bought a bunch of J's at a music festival in Malawi and they were decent. Their ecstasy was garbage, to be honest I'm not sure if they were real. Took like 5 pills and couldn't tell if they worked. But I digress.

If you buy weed from a dealer in Mozambique, 9/10 times it'll be called "Swazi Gold", named after Swaziland. Same in Johannesburg. Malawi too. Whether or not it's actually from Swaziland, I'm not sure, but a fact is obvious- Swaziland is apparently THE place to get weed in southeast Africa.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (13KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
13KB, 188x268px
http://nimbinmardigrass.com/
its next weekend!!!
>>
>>1240411
Yes but all crap..only museum..beer,cheese,cannabis, flowers
>>
>>1244276
This is a joke, right? What's wrong with that list?
>>
>>1240392
DUDE
>>
Northern California -- best weed, hottest girls, beaches, music festivals, mountains, best weather, and too many attractions. Best overall.
>>
Seems like the best place to ask this, if I have no experience with weed and go into a coffee shop in Amsterdam will they be helpful or rip me off?
>>
>>1242347
Youll grow more resilient when you turn 18. Dont worry
>>
>>1245117
>northern california
>hottest girls
You wanna know how i know that youve never been there?
>>
>>1244758
WEED
>>
>>1245118

Why travel to one of Europe's most interesting cities and, despite having "no experience", want to anaesthetise yourself (12+ hrs in some cases for the stronf stuff) and miss all of the cool shit going on? In addition to being labelled a scummy drug tourist by the locals...

Yes the employees in the coffee shop will help you out (note that you cannot smoke the weed with tobacco inside the shop, only the disgusting herbal mix).

If you must go just for Dude! Weed! please at least go and tour the museums and galleries, or head to another city (Holland is a tiny country, so this is possible by train) during the day and save the weed smoking for night time.

The weed is excellent but it can be very potent & really knock you out. That being said I was in Thailand last week & smoked some and that put me to sleep for 10hrs...
>>
>>1245278
>Why travel to one of Europe's most interesting cities and, despite having "no experience", want to anaesthetise yourself
Dont plan to be stoned 24/7 there, the plan is to do 3/4 days of sightseeing Then I'm heading to a music festival and wouldnt mind something to take the edge off a wee bit before the headliners and at the campsite
Like I said, I've no experience with it, just a notion knocking around in my head
>>
>>1240392
Copenhagen
>>
Barcelona. I recently got back from a holiday there, it's very easy to pick up. A membership for a cannabis club costs about 20 euro, and people will offer them to you in the streets because they're all competing. Look for the 'I survived Barcelona' pub crawl, costs 15 euro and you get a membershup card for the Remedy club
>>
>>1240399
Like Amsterdam is all of the Netherlands, there are coffeeshops in every city en bigger towns
>>
>>1245323
lol worst answer ITT

t. Dane
>>
>>1240392
Try hashish my friend it will change your life, and rape your ass.
>>
What about Czech Republic?
>>
>>1240785
licenses? I was there last summer and I'm going in two weeks again. Never heard of any licenses
>>
>>1246128
Coffeeshop licenses.
>>
>>1245849
Bud > hashish

I smoke hashish more often than I smoke bud
>>
>>1240822

Fake news

t. Dutch resident
>>
>>1240392
yo come to rotterdam / amsterdam and hit me up, ill show u around friend.

don't listen to >>1240399
weed is plenty of holiday
>>
>>1245352
it's so expensive in Barcelona though. twice the price it is in Amsterdam and not even legal, at that.
also if you're willing to get into harder drugs (say MDMA or truffles) you're gonna pay huge prices in Barcelona
>>
>>1246601
Yo man give me your email and I'll message you next time iam in Holland
>>
>>1246605
that is true. Much nicer place to blaze than amsterdam though
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.