[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /Trv/ Here's a questions. I'm traveling to Japan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (7KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 291x173px
Hey /Trv/ Here's a questions. I'm traveling to Japan in a few months. I went to Europe last summer and lost my passport. I got a one year temp replacement. Do to a collection of me being Lazy, and my job making it very difficult to go to government offices during open hours, I havnt been able to replace it.

Now, I'm running around trying to get everything sorted out, but to make things easier on me stress wise, Could I still use that one year temp replacement in Japan? It is and will be Valid during my stay there.

>Pic completely unrelated
>>
>>1240274
Sure you could try it, just be prepared to be denied entry and have your entire trip ruined and any subsequent entries put under greater scrutiny

But hey if you think that's worth it then go for it
>>
>>1240290
I would rather not and will try first to replace it. I'm asking in case it's unable to pan out. What would you say the chances of it working?

I should note, after traveling from the UK, I did go to Germany there after and worked just fine. But it may have been considering the guys knew where I just came from.
>>
>>1240293
Technically it is a legal document and should allow you entry and exit provided it is valid for the entirity of your stay (and i presume it will be valid for as long as you are permitted entry not when your return ticket is booked for)

However what do you think it looks like coming to an expensive country to live in on temporary documents, do you have a hotel booking, a return ticket, plenty of money etc or do you look like a bum travelling on a temp document because you're no longer eligible to get a new passport (they issued one just so you could get home etc)

They may not care or they may view you with suspicion, it's up to you if you think it's worth the risk
>>
I totally get that. I'm hoping if worst comes to worst, that technicality can get me by. Into Japan no less where I expect they will look at it even harder than other countries.

Literally everything else is handled, If our damn government could work even a halfday on a weekend I would have gotten this taken care of months ago. But alas, now i'm most likely going to have to beg my employer to get a day off in hoping of getting this taken care of. I plan on doing so this Friday. Likeliest Option for me. But otherwise, the Temp one currently in my position ~Should~ let me in. I dont have to begin planning to cancel and wait.
>>
>>1240319
I forgot to say that you should travel on the presumption you will get pulled into secondary

So take evidence of your ties back to your home, employment contract, rent agreement, maybe a bank statement, anything that make it looks like you aren't a delinquent, if you don't need it then fine, if you do need to pull it out then it may just save you a lot of hassle

Your trip will probably be fuss free, but you aren't making it easy for yourself
>>
>>1240323
I will absolutely do that. I will talk to my boss about maybe being reemployed once I return and getting a paper on that. I will print our several last months of banks statements leading prior and my Rent Agreement if I absolutely need to.

Thanks a lot Man
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.