[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the worst "culture shock" you ever experienced?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 28

File: 1471128032794.jpg (137KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1471128032794.jpg
137KB, 540x540px
What's the worst "culture shock" you ever experienced? Have you ever gotten it when you returned home due to being abroad for too long?
>>
Probably when I visited Dubai for the first time. I kept being told at the time how it was the richest place in the world with the most advanced everything. So I had high expectations.

Turns out I dislike Arabs.
>>
When I went to India. I have been to many shitholes and am used to them, but India was just another level of shithole.
>>
>>1239415
Dubai is a legit shithole though, and the people are scum, so I can see where you're coming rom
>>
My first day arriving in Hanoi. It was my first trip to SEA and I felt prepared, but getting dropped off in that traffic, noise and smell was just too much.
Took me one and a half day to get used to it but damn, that was really intense
>>
>>1239376
I've had some pretty bad ones
>be me last summer
>decide to go on a really big trip
>doing it for me, going somewhere I had never been before
>Peek out my bedroom door
>creep to the front door
>family starting in awe
>Step outside, heart pounding
>bright lights, noise, a chill, and motion all hit me
>so many smells and sights
>see an animal
>get scared
>go back in bed and get under the covers

Thinking about going back this summer
>>
>>1239492
You find what you look for.

>Once I learned what confirmation bias was, I started seeing it everywhere.
>>
>>1239570
What the fuck did I just read? Are you retarded?
>>
>>1239600
It's a joke about being a major NEET, anon

Definitely out of place here, though. This place is 99% not NEETs
>>
File: DDR.jpg (170KB, 1728x1182px) Image search: [Google]
DDR.jpg
170KB, 1728x1182px
Rolling into this place from UK via West Germany in the early 90's. The contrast from as soon as you got there was huge. Grey drab looking buildings, cobbled roads full of Wartburgs, Trabants and EZ motorbikes, old men still wearing their commie workers uniforms. Stayed there for 3 years in total. Just as much as a shock was coming home to UK and everyone rushing around like no tomorrow in their own little worlds, much like today.
>>
ITT: sheltered white people
>>
On the train from CDG airport into central Paris I got quite a shock when I looked around the carriage to see I was the only white person besides 2 other tourists. Even on the station platforms all I could see where blacks and Arabs. I remember thinking where the hell are the French people? Something is very wrong in France.
>>
>>1239640
>sheltered white people

You assume..
>>
Visiting Israel I decided to go on a tour of Hebron where the illegal Israeli settlements were. Seeing the Palestineans with cages over their houses and fat kikes throwing rocks at them was huge culture shock. Add to the fact that there were around 100 IDF soldiers standing around to protect these illegal settlers. I had never seen people being treated so shittily but what do you expect from jews? They've been hated for 3,000 years for a reason.
>>
The hardest time was when I flew into Medellin, Colombia, my first time in Latin America outside of the mexican tourist spots. I found out that my tiny bit of high school Spanish + DuoLingo was completely useless in person, and absolutely no one around spoke any English.
It's sort of the same deal in Asia, but at least in Asia people either understand a few words of English or they'll work with you in using hand signals quite happily.

But everyone *expects* that you speak decent Spanish in Colombia, because almost all travelers do. So they'll often just laugh at you if you try to use hand signals to communicate or will get frustrated quickly if your spanish is awful.

It took me a few weeks of Spanish classes and tons of practice on Tinder to really feel comfortable doing everything there. And then I loved it.
>>
>>1239376
Packed up all my shit and drove from coast to coast over about a month's time.

really interesting to see how each area of america changes so drastically from state line to line
>>
>>1239376
>Have you ever gotten it when you returned home due to being abroad for too long?

After 13 months away I came home to the US and really couldn't stand it.

The worst was the shock to my dating life. My last stop before coming home was Sao Paulo, Brazil, which is honestly full of the most beautiful and charismatic women I've ever seen in my life. Many of whom were very, very interested in foreigners with blue eyes like me. Then I came home to Texas, and was confronted with endless numbers of super-entitled fat chicks, single moms, and trashy women in general. I still really struggle to date because my standards went up so much higher when I was away.

Apart from dating, I immediately noticed how uptight and fake people seem in the US. People are all stressed out over either their jobs, their kids, or just stupid first-world problems. And the forced small talk annoyed the hell out of me.

Anyway, I got used to most of it after a month and felt normal again, but for the first little while I really wished I was back on the road again, back in really awful countries.
>>
>>1239655
Isnt it such an awful feeling? Feeling that culture and progress be absorbed and rotted by a couple million refugees.
>>
>>1239667
To be fair, the mud people won't leave their country. So really they deserve to be treated like the animals they are
>>
File: britishmanimplying.jpg (25KB, 600x634px) Image search: [Google]
britishmanimplying.jpg
25KB, 600x634px
>>1239667
>thishappened.jpg

The Pallynigger postings on this board have become really obvious lately. It's not Jews raping and slaughtering Europeans, it's Muslims. The Jews are even leaving France en masse as it descends into a third world cesspit. Shame that thousands of years of European culture are being flushed down the toilet in the name of leftist dogma.
>>
File: fat kike children.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
fat kike children.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1239753
>>1239761
Fuck off JIDF.
>>
File: flushitdownthetoilet.png (219KB, 382x304px) Image search: [Google]
flushitdownthetoilet.png
219KB, 382x304px
>>1239766
Lol keep chanting the word kike to yourself like a lunatic if it soothes your autistic freakout. At the end of the day, Jews are living a comfortable middle class life in Israel, a country that has developed cutting edge military and medical tech. Meanwhile the Pallyniggers are locked in cages to stew in their own shit like the animals they are. Their babies are merely target practice for the IDF.

An entire Arab village was bulldozed to make way for my new Summer condo in the West Bank. Helps me sleep at night.
>>
So I genuinely thought culture shock was a meme until I left work and decided to spend a year travelling, a few months ago. (I'm fairly well travelled).

First stop was Mumbai India, and I have honestly never seen anything like it. 40C+ heat, massively overpriced in my 'govt' taxi from the airport, literal slums and beggars everywhere, saw children squatting in the streets shitting on the way to my horrible little hotel.

I remember sitting in my hotel room, the first night, wondering if I should actually go back home. India - what a country.
>>
>>1239774
How are the chicks in india?
>>
>>1239775
Scarce. I travelled solo so the vast majority of interaction I had was with horrible men trying to scam me, and tuk tuks. In some cities you barely seen any woman outside at all (Jaipur comes to mind).

Delhi/ Mumbai has a better ratio though, and higher class girls can be really pretty / friendly, if quite forward. I literally had one girl come up to me in a starbucks in Delhi and chat, then ask my phone number, eventually inviting me to stay at hers the rest of my time there. That was a rarity though.
>>
>>1239772
Slow down, I back the jews over the filthy mud people who won't get the fuck out of the jews country. They are still living in squalor for the most part, a majority are not living what I would consider a middle class life style by western standards.
>>
>>1239772
Israel is a shithole though. All the houses are run down sandhuts.

>cutting edge military and medical tech

Lmao, both are gibs me dats from the US government. Israel only exits because american goyim are so impressionable.
>>
>>1239780
it's not the jews country kikelover, kikes belong in poland and germany not the middle east
>>
File: 1491294063500.jpg (23KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1491294063500.jpg
23KB, 500x374px
>>1239780
>>1239781
>>1239772

I was in Israel yesterday (total for a week). It's western and modern compared to any other Semitic country (for the Jews anyway) and yes, it is because of the US dollars/Jew donor money.

Whoever told you you can be a nice and poor country lied to you. Things get done with money, Jews receive and have a lot and they use them properly for the most time, Israel is very advanced.
>>
>>1239594
Yeah, nah, Arabs are scum. Egyptians, Iranians, Iraqis, hell everyone else is fine.
But Arabs in general?
Nope.
I look forward to them panicking when the oil money dries up.
>>
>>1239833
I was there a month and shocked at how dirty the place was. Trash all over the streets and stray cats everywhere, not what I consider advanced. It's definitely not comparable to a western country. It sounds like you haven't talked to the people that live there either. The pay is shit throughout the country and ultra rich jews buy out all of the nice condos in Tel Aviv so people have to rent. The political scene is also run more and more by Haredim ultra conservative jews and it's fucking over the secular people. I have quite a few friends there but all are trying to move to America and thinks Israel wont last for too mich longer under haredim control.
>>
>>1239931
Egyptians and iraqis are arabs anon
>>
>>1239931
I agree JIDF. The Hooton plan is a great thing devised by us jews to destroy Germany. It's such a good thing jews like George Soros and Barbara Spectre spend billions to encourage arabs to go to Europe so greater Israel can finally happen. You poltards don't even understand why arabs are a problem, you wouldn't suck so much cut dick if you did
>>
Never had a real culture shock per se, but im a really agreeable and a somewhat gullible person, so I always have at least one incidence of being scammed on a trip, it being entirely my fault on naively relying on the goodness of people even when it's the most obvious tourist scammers.
>>
File: 20170414_012045.jpg (544KB, 1500x843px) Image search: [Google]
20170414_012045.jpg
544KB, 1500x843px
>>1239931
You must be referring to the OG Arabs, the Saudis, UAE and Qatar who have a huge reliance on oil money. Iranians aren't Arab at all.

>>1239937
Are you that "Rome is dirty" guy? Which cities are you talking about? I have seen no such stuff in TLV or Jerusalem. They are as tidy as any other major world city with millions of tourists yearly. Saw about 3 cats. This was my second visit to Israel and I slept at friend houses who are living there and are Jews.

>inb4 JIDF

They did mention the Haredim problem but in the sense that they are a huge drain on the social welfare programs rather than being Behind-the-curtain superjews who run everything. Hypothetically they are a minority which have voting rights and can sway things one way or another, but there are disagreements within their own groups.

Nothing about your stories adds up.
>>
>>1239376
One time I got real noided and then fucked myself and choked myself.
>>
>>1239601
Finally, I've achieved the dream of being the 1%'
>>
File: 1482138774667.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1482138774667.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>Half of the replies belong to yet another stupid "Jews/Arabs suck" argument
>>
>>1239570

wat
>>
I've been to India seven times and always get a sort of reverse culture-shock whenever I return home to the United States.

The lack of vibrancy in my own Rust Belt state is almost off-putting. People seem largely disinterested in the lives of their fellow citizens. Strangers don't talk to one another, save for pleasantries. Infrastructure is built solely around the needs of automobiles rather than pedestrians. Even the strict zoning ordinances of many cities ensures that downtown areas and empty after sunset. Shopping and everyday life seems confined to strip malls, complexes, and grocery stores set apart from one another by great expanses of asphalt and concrete.

Sometimes I'll even get bothered by how far apart people stand in a line. While I don't miss the jostling and pushing and shoving that happens in New Delhi, the broader effect is feeling like one person among many.

On the other hand, I've really begun to relish how quiet life is here in the States. Nobody honks their car horn for stupid reasons or pokes too much into strangers' personal lives. I don't worry about getting food poisoning or not being able to drink water or getting ripped off by ordinary salespeople.

My favorite part, though, is the fresh air. It's kind of stupid but I do get way more excited about being able to see stars and blue sky on a clear day than I used to.
>>
>>1239601
what if you're a NEET and you like to travel just cus traveling is cool? i reckon theres more than 1% neets here. `
>>
>>1240067
lol fuck that, I was in the airport of Chennai and this stupid ass indian was all up on my ass from behind because he thinks closer to the line = getting served earlier. Also he pushed in front of some other dude. Retardos..
>>
>>1239570
nice
>>
>>1239415
go on...
>>
Not really a culture shock, but it seemed (and still seems) such a nonsense to me when i first learned that in Germany all shops are closed on Sundays, nothing works 24 hours a day, and most grocery stores close at 22, shopping centres at 18-19.
In Russia every second (well, maybe every fifth or so, but you get it, there are lots of them) shop works 24/7, huge shopping centres close not earlier that 22, or, in rare cases, 20, and not a single fucking shop is closed on Sundays.
>>
I mostly have reverse culture shock. Like I go back to my home, and people seem so fucking rude. They also complain non-stop. Like who the fuck cares about your history of illnesses from the past decade, you're not my granny, you're a shop assistant, just give me the change and I go on my way.

>>1240147
Once you actually live there, it's awesome. Just the peace and quiet on Sundays... And you learn how to plan.

That said, that was one of the biggest culture shocks for me moving from Eastern Europe to the West.

Also there is no 'let's hang out, are you free this evening?' sort of thing, it requires planning... Which I cannot always deal with, so I have a lot of foreigner friends who are more spontaneous.
>>
>>1239415
> Turns out I dislike Arabs
everybody does, m8.
>>
>>1240158
>Also there is no 'let's hang out, are you free this evening?' sort of thing, it requires planning... Which I cannot always deal with, so I have a lot of foreigner friends who are more spontaneous

This is not a Western thing. It's an autistic German thing
>>
>>1240182
this. I fell for a "Germans are very accurate and strict but that makes them good guys" meme, they are just assholes who need to obey the govt and muh rules. Germany is shame for Western Europe.
>>
>>1240147
This also happens in France I ficking hate it. The only culture shock I've had here so far is that people are seemingly rude when I try to speak french because it is obviously not that good and I try, but joke's on them because when we switch to english it turns out they can't even form simple sentences sometimes
>>
>>1239376
The fact that frenchmen piss in public instantly repelled me from Paris.
>>
>>1239640
>implying
>>
>>1240058
i agree anon. sad!
>>
How come so many of you are racist and close minded?

Stay home, foreign countries are full of foreign people.
>>
>>1240362
some cultures are worse than others
>>
>>1240373
No way. We all form part of a rainbow
>>
>>1239610
Why on earth were you there for three years?
Please tell us all about it
>>
>>1239686
Almost the same experience with me also.
>>
>>1240058
Two sides of the same coin arguing, baka.
>>
china man.

outside the east coast and HK it's a dfferent world
spit everywhere, cough up phlegm inside on the floor, in trains, cough into peoples faces
smoke on trains, in busses, in hospitals in canton
block everyone way, ignore the needs of others, push over kids, don't help the elderly
2000 people, yea just crush against a train ticket counter...it's bound to help somehow
armored cars on street corners, millitary parades in the tibetan areas yelling in chinese
blatant racism towards indians, niggers, arabs
ignore trafic signs, warning signs, if you're rich ignore police, flight attendants, hotel staff
let your child poo in the middle of the street, an adult would never do that but who cares; it's a kid
just scream at people when you arn't getting what you want
when something goes wrong stand around with three hundred other people waiting for someone to come and fix it/tell you what to do

honestly of everywhere i traveled it was the most alien
it genuinely tested my will to travel weekly
>>
>>1239376
The first time i went to SEA (which was bali) is easily the worst culture shock i ever had.
Serbia was pretty bad too.
>>
UK. I didn't expect a first world country to have such awful food and housing. I have seen better food and housing in SEA.
>>
>>1239766
You reap what you sow. Perhaps, just maybe, making for the formative experiences of Israeli kids in the 90s one of you guys blowing up busses and mortaring schools makes them unwilling to compromise when they grow older.
>>
>>1239376
I've seen all kinds of shit hole cities/poverty/pollution and crazyness so none of that phases me however Kuwait was like WTF.

There is a distinct 2-tier class. The Kuwaities and literally everybody else. Driving down a street and a landrover with a Kuwaiti is in it? Must pull over and let them pass you. Going to a restaurant and a Kuwaiti douche comes in? Nobody can eat until the Kuwaiti is served first. The Kuwaiti will also treat the server like complete trash. In a hospital and a Kuwaiti comes in? Nobody is treated until the Kuwaiti is fully satisfied they have had treatment regardless of how trivial their problem is compared to your injuries.

At the airport too it's pretty hilarious how local Kuwaitis are bringing in huge amounts of alcohol clinking away in their bags and just wave away the immigrant customs officers "There's nothing for you to see in my bags".
>>
>>1240761
UK housing... Quality (sanitation, insulation, etc.) is worse than anywhere I ever lived before. I genuinely wonder if they seriously think they live in proper houses, or they just don't care about it at all?
>>
>>1240922
>UK housing... Quality (sanitation, insulation, etc.) is worse than anywhere I ever lived before. I genuinely wonder if they seriously think they live in proper houses, or they just don't care about it at all?

Both I think. They don't actually realize that other countries have better housing, and two, they don't treat their housing as permanent, and always think about "moving up the property ladder"
>>
>>1240922
My friends rented a 1 Bedroom flat in London with paper thin walls and floors that had large holes where they could see the neighbors, with heat that barely worked and water that hardly worked, for like the equiv of $1400 USD per month not including the piles of insurance and other costs driving it up to almost $2k USD for literal shantytown housing.

I've seen better looking apartments in Vietnam
>>
>>1240375
Fuck off visible spectrum nazi, the photons of my gender are non-refractive
>>
>>1240380
I was working on construction sites. Started off in Vienna Austria then got a chance to go to east Germany so off we went. The clean neat looking houses and fields changed as soon as we seen the watch towers and lines of fences between the fields and forests. Towns and villages all like in picture.

Worked all over the east, mainly Chemnitz and surrounding areas before heading north to Sassnitz on the island of Rugen. Eventually landed in Berlin where I stayed for last 18 months or so. Worked on new building projects and on old creaky bomb damaged buildings with their bomb bunkers below. Getting paid every week was another matter. Always getting ripped off by the German and dutch contractors.

I have been back to some of these places since and there doesnt seem much difference between east and west now. Although the old communist buildings still stick out. I was there in 2006 and still noticed some of the old fella's still wearing their communist workers jackets and caps. I was in Berlin last year and so much has changed since I was last there. Not sure if for the best. I do miss the times had back in the old East 20 odd years ago.
>>
>>1240922
You even see it in expensive hotels in London. Stay at a 4 or 5 star, and it will still have all the marks of English building quality, crooked floors, paint and tapestry coming off walls, and so on. And FFS, hot and cold water faucets separated.
>>
>>1239686
>>1240442
Why do we return to the US if we know it to be a first world hell?
>>
>>1239684
I hated how I felt less safe there than I did anywhere else in the world. Colombians are pretty backwards (broad generalisation I know, but hear me out). Most of them are blindly patriotic, have fuck all education and think everyone who isn't from there is a "gringo". I'm Iranian and they still called me "gringo" and I faced the obiqutous gringo tax, they hike the price of everything up. My Spanish is almost intermediate due to the similar grammar had to Farsi but I still struggled to converse with most people as I'd say less than 1% of the country speaks any other language.
I really liked the vibe of a park (magellas I think?) in the town which was sorrounded by cafes and restraurants, really nice place, and everyone was friendly, I was told by a friend. It to have my phone out in public... I never felt safe anywhere in Colombia. 3/7 would not recommend
>>
Moving to Paraguay. I'm working here in Paraguay.
The culture shock doesn't hit at first. It's not something that even hits in the first month. After 3 months I became very resentful of everything around me (food, people, customs). Frustrated that I can't change or talk reason into anyone.

The thing about no education is that its not only they don't know facts and advanced (or many math really) it's that they can't critically think. It's excrently trying to explain why something is a good or bad idea. But you realize they don't know how to think. Especially those in Paraguay who don't speak Spanish (they're 'bilingual'), it means they've never read a book. To them germ theory doesn't existir nor does germs so don't expect them to wash hands after shitting.

It's not Paraguayans are stupid it's they have a corrupt country that devalued education for years
>>
Worst culture shock was Australia, and this comes from someone who has visited all continents, including 10 African countries.

Probably because everything looked extremely familiar, but the general attitude people had was quite different.
>>
>>1240618
I just went to Macau, and my aunt explained it as a holdover effect from the communist takeover. The people were de-educated, and common courtesies passed down from generation to generation were seen as bourgeois and an effort to purge good behaviors was enacted by the government. She described this in her English as them shutting down schools, and the grandmas and grandpas not being allowed to have their grandchildren say please and thank you. In her opinion, it will take two more generations for this to be rectified, as they are not quite ready to access to outside influence (hence banning google and facebook). Also a reason why more Europeanized areas such as Hong Kong and Macau are probably the best places in China to spend time in. Just my two cents.

Also just came back yesterday after two weeks, damn there are just a lot more people in the states are fat and ugly. And not just ugly on the outside, so many just shallow and self-absorbed people who can't even lend common courtesy. I wouldn't say that this is a majority of people, but just a larger subgroup that makes society seem a little disjointed and less harmonious.
>>
>>1241957
Been to hong bong and Macau, been to china. Give me mainland any day. Fuck bong kong and Macau, though i did miss google
>>
After having lived abroad for 3 years between Asia and Africa, the worst culture shock i experienced was returning home to the US.

What bothered me the most was the mentality of most people, the lack of community and the monotonous grind of everyday life. I only lasted 3 months before I fucked off again.
>>
>>1242130
>What bothered me the most was the mentality of most people, the lack of community and the monotonous grind of everyday life
Can you elaborate more on this? Also, is it an America-specific thing, or a Western thing in general?
>>
>>1242122
Thanks for your profound input, friend.
>>
>>1240362
>racist
Shut the fuck up. This word has been so over used that it has lost any meaning whatsoever

Fuck off pussy ass bitch
>>
>>1239376
I liked an american, I don't think anything can top that.
>>
Backpacking for 18 months straight and then coming home to realize how slow and dull everything really is. You also learn who your true friends are when you're aware from home.

Oh and the amount of stray animals in Ukraine/former USSR. That caught me off guard
>>
>>1242147
You're welcome, mate
>>
>>1240373
You're the worst
>>
Coming home to New York City after living in Guatemala for a year
>>
America

Don't really know how people this stupid and autistic became a superpower
>>
Coming back home to america after spending only 3 weeks abroad. Maybe I romanticized everything that I saw and did, but when I got back home to Texas, I was back to the monotony of daily life. I hate driving everywhere. I hate how everyone in the states seems to live to work instead of work to live. I think my biggest problem is that I can't walk anywhere. I feel caged up in my apartment/car/whatever. I just wish I had disposable income to be able to support myself comfortably and travel, but that's not feasible for my field of work.
>>
>>1239376
>go to London for a few days
>come home
>fall in to depression
>feel nothing but the compulsion to leave my home town

I've never felt like this before really. It's why I'm on /trv/, thinking of 'wasting' some of my meagre savings travelling. It's like I feel the need to shed my skin, or my cocoon maybe.

Don't know if it's really culture shock but something similar I guess.
>>
>>1242238
Where is home, anon?
I had the same thing happen, so I moved there. Fuck short term traveling.
>>
>>1240922
They think their country is this amazing utopia and it's garbage. The handy things they have are cheap basics (for a western country) and good paying jobs.
Literally everything else is lower quality than most of the good western world and they don't even know.
>>
>>1242241
Less than 200 miles away in the same country. I'm very isolated, I don't even have a passport right now and I've only ever left the country on a couple family holidays as a kid.
>>
>>1242243
Thought you were talking about Americans until I checked
>>
>>1240922
This country is dying and nobody wants to admit it. Things are likely only going to get worse leaving the EU, and I voted to.
>>
>>1242243
>>1242255
t. old drunks on a bus
>>
>>1242255
lmao owned
>>
>>1240761
>>1240922
Where the hell did you go?
Houses are the same as in any other western country I have visited. And insulation? Any modern house is absolutely full of it.

People need to stop talking about places they have obviously never visited.
>>
>>1239376
Whenever I come home nowadays I get a culture shock. So many veiled women and men with beards. So many people speaking different languages. All around a cold feeling, people not trusting one another.
>>
File: hanoi.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hanoi.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>1239376
Hanoi at night, I'm getting flashbacks just thinking about it.

3 in the morning and I couldn't sleep so leave hostel to go for a walk thinking it'll be like Suzhou in China where nobody bothered me when I went out late on my own, even got free drinks on the house at a bar there. End up getting lost in the old quarter on the way back from the lake. After constanly being stared at by the few people left on the deserted streets, a Vietnamese guy pulls up next to me on his scooter, starts asking where I'm from and what I'm doing.

Then asks if I want to see some girls, free look sucky sucky. I said I don't have money, he kept going on so I tell him I need to get my friend to come. He tells me to jump on his scooter. I'm lost and I don't have anything valuable on me, Fuck it.

Get on scooter we drive around for 10 minutes in circles trying to find my hostel. Finaly get to Asia Backpackers. Tell him I'll be out soon, run up to my bunk on the second floor and wait for it to all blow over.
>>
>>1239655
That must have been freaking horrible
>>
>>1239781
this
>>
>>1240618
I have no idea why everyone says that China is a country you must visit at least once. It looks like a shit-hole to me. Now you've just confirmed it. I figured it would be that way. Just gross.
>>
>>1242245
Not the worst starting spot.
You're lucky you've got Europe so close and that its so cheap to get to. A passport is what, £100? Save some neetbux if you have to and get it done.
Go somewhere easy first, like Amsterdam or Spain if you're real cheap. Don't go moving to London unless you know how to do something though, you'll end up in a fuckin' 6 person share with 2 bedrooms in some godforsaken place that's 25 meters within the m25.
>>
>>1242368
It is a shithole. And yes, you should still visit it once. The same with India. It's an even bigger shithole, but you should still visit it once.
>>
>>1240362
Fuck off
>>
>>1242287
I lived in the uk for 3 years and the housing is shit as fuck, 'mate'.
it's all 70 (or older) hand me downs which never get upgraded or can't be as they're too fucking old. All the easily accessible housing, at any rate.
>>
>>1242299
London?
>>
>>1240373
This guy knows what's up. Not everyone is at the same level technologically, why would they be the same culturally?
>>
>>1241952
Where from originally?
i had the same thing going from Australia to uk. Similar looking in many ways but the people actually act quite different. Took some getting used to.
>>
>>1241957
USA is a big place though man, don't those sort of people usually hang out on the coasts?
>>
>>1239415
Only the native of UAE are rich fucks. It's mandatory by the state to make sure they have a certain amount of wealth, which is like millions of dollars worth

Majority are actually foreign workers who get paid less than in their home country
>>
I went to Egypt back in 2011 and everyone there smells horrible. They stink. I don't understand why people don't shower. Same thing with Europe. It's not nearly as bad as Egypt, but it baffles me that there are normal people who go out and about smelling that horrible and not give a damn
>>
>>1242390
>Same thing with Europe
Burger who has never been to Europe and gets his information from /pol/ memes detected.
>>
>>1242390
Totally depends where in Europe and how many imports they have. Never met a bad smelling swede unless he was not born in Sweden :^)
>>
>>1242392
I'm not American. I'm from a shitty third-world country that's falling apart and nothing ever works. But people don't smell. I don't think everyone in Europe smells bad. But those who do, STINK. I didn't mean to be offensive
>>
>>1242395
It was in Spain. I said Europe in general because I've heard that the same thing happens in France and England. I might be wrong though. Never been in those countries
>>
>>1242377
No, Germany. My city is already 50/50 and if you look at children under 6 it is 70/30 non-German. Pretty shocking really. I studied in a German city in the East and rarely came home in the last three years but now I'm back and you will see veiled women everywhere, even with burkas and other stuff. A lot of Muslim men with their shaved head and beard. When you walk around on the weekend the only groups you see are muslim men walking around. Smaller towns are slowly dying.

It's pretty shocking really. It just feels so alien. Hopefully I can move abroad permanently in a couple of years.
>>
>>1242401
Which city?
>>
>>1242401
Why can't you /pol/tards stay on your containment board? You have obviously never been to Europe. Your bait won't fly here. Go away.
>>
>>1242403
Frankfurt

>>1242407

Halt doch einfach deine Fresse du verfickter Chicano
>>
>>1242401

It's the same here in Wuppertal unfortunately. I'm currently applying for Jobs in Ireland to get outta here quickly. Traveling to countries where 99% of the population are nationals fills me with envy.
>>
>>1242386
Coasts and larger urban areas mostly. But middle America has its own soullessness as well, because everything is designed around car transportation, so you don't get a real sense of community. Which is why you have terms like "Minnesota Nice" (have heard it with a few other states) where people are friendly and courteous, but generally don't want to have anything to do with you on a personal level.
>>
>>1242407
If you think this is pol bait then you're a fucking idiot but I have a feeling that you are merely pretending to be retarded
>>
>>1239942
>JIDF
>Saying egyptians are okay
>>
>>1242410
Nice job using Google Translate. Why do you keep trying? Find other boards which are more gullible.
>>
>>1242509
You're right, bait would imply it gets replies. That's just a post too retarded to even be bait. Why don't you post on /r9k/ instead? It's full of autistic virgin manchildren, you will fit right in.
>>
>>1240362
This is not the point you idiot; like >>1240373 says, the cultures are the problem. Take mainland China versus Taiwan. One is a huge nightmare filled with insect people, the other is actually a lovely country.

Same race, different culture
>>
>>1242401
I was just in Germany, including Frankfurt. The most I saw was a few Turks here and there. Didn't see a single burka. It's obvious to everyone, but let me just state that you are a liar, and not even a good one.
>>
>>1239557
The fuck? Hanoi is cozy as...
>>
>>1242608
We've been getting quite a bit of /pol/-style trolling recently. (You have to wonder why such aggressively xenophobic people are on a travel board in the first place.) Don't feed the trolls and they'll hopefully move on.
>>
>>1239376
landed in hanoi when I was new to traveling, I still remember just the intense heat, humidity, noise and being seaclessly bothered by people in the street and there being NOWHERE to take a break from it but my hotel room

after weeks of being bothered by vietnamese to buy things I stopped trying to be polite, they were ruining my holiday trying to make a buck

several months later in my hometown they started letting salespeople bother shoppers in our one mall, one day a Vietnamese girl who blocked my way to push pamphlets onto me.

Without even thinking I told her in Vietnamese to get out of my way; then to go fuck herself when she didn't move

if people act subhuman, they are going to be treated subhuman
>>
>>1242615
Hanoi seems to be getting a bit of criticism in this thread. I'm confused, in my opinion Hanoi was very cozy and relatively relaxed except for the roads.. Saigon was far more of a shithole and the locals were far more rude.
>>
>>1242616
Hanoi was a lot more chill than HCMC. Didn't even need to play frogger with motorcycles when crossing a road.
>>
>>1242616
hanoi is better, but it's not good
>>
>>1242616
I felt the same, Danang was by far the most chilled place, you can even ride a scooter there without dying.
>>
>>1239376
>went to japan
>am aussie btw
>everything is clean
>trains on time
>good food
>good women
>come home to sydney
>bus is 30 mins late, actually early for the next bus
>uncivilised bogans leave cigarette butts everywhere
>all the food places are shit kebab shops and fish and chips
>every woman has missing teeth

I don't watch anime because I went to Japan just to experience the culture but it was definitely much different than i expected
>>
>>1242614
>being worried about the demographics of your own country makes you a xenophobe
I happen to know a great number of people who would be considered "racist"nationalist types who would admit to preferring their time in other countries and cultures. It's completely unfair to paint everyone of that political bent as some sort of irrational supremacist.
>>
>>1242651
None of that applies here. All those "I'm from Germany/France/Sweden and we have lots of muslims" posts are low quality trolls from /pol/. This board has enough well-traveled people to call out the obvious bullshit.
>>
>>1242681
It's an exaggeration but it's not really bullshit.

I also highly doubt they have any interest 'trolling' a slow board like this. More than likely just a case of cross-board posting as most people do.
>>
>>1242691
That "German" above was not exaggerating, he was completely making shit up. Never underestimate how desperate some trolls are looking for validation.
>>
>>1242693

>making shit up

You know there are statistics about the number of foreigners/immigrants etc. And it's pretty obvious he isn't making shit up, just possibly exaggerating. That German kids will be the minority by 2030 is a fact unfortunately.
>>
>>1242700
>statistics

Read his posts again. He literally said that there are nothing but arabs and burkas on the streets and no whites.
>>
>>1242701

Well he did say:
>My city is already 50/50 and if you look at children under 6 it is 70/30 non-German.
And that is actually correct:
http://frankfurt.de/sixcms/detail.php?id=2811&_ffmpar%5B_id_inhalt%5D=7524
>Foreigners 28%
>Germans with a migration background 22%

That's a total of 50% of non-natives. Obviously the statement that it's nothing but arabs is exaggerated, but his 50/50 claim is completely valid and it's understandable that people would be upset about this.
>>
File: IMG_4510.png (257KB, 2348x1122px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4510.png
257KB, 2348x1122px
>>1242701
Are you retarded? Please go back to R.ddit and shill for upvotes. I'm German and from Frankfurt, what do you want from me?

>you will see veiled women everywhere, even with burkas and other stuff. A lot of Muslim men with their shaved head and beard.

Nowhere did I say it's all you see, just that they are everywhere.

The official statistics are quite clear. 50/50 German, non-German and children under 6 are already in the great minority. In only two generations. Two generations more and it will reach 20% for ethnic Germans. But it's so colorful and tolerant, nothing wrong with it :)
>>
File: IMG_4511.png (571KB, 2866x978px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4511.png
571KB, 2866x978px
>>1242706
Oh, and keep in mind those numbers are from 2012. 5 years later and with the refugees it's already likely in the high 20% territory. But nothing wrong as I said, the majority of Non-Germans are rocket scientists and engineers that have enriched us greatly.
>>
File: IMG_4512.png (268KB, 1696x1158px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4512.png
268KB, 1696x1158px
>>1242709
Most Western German cities are majority non-German if you look at the children under 6. German society will become disfunctional by the time I'm in my 60s if things won't change. Non-Germans cost the state more than they make. There will be a moment when the money runs out.
Of course for me that won't be that bad. I'm upper middle class, well educated and traveled. I can just leave.
>>
>>1242709
>>1242706

Ich hoffe Du wählst die richtige Partei am 14.

Though while I’m with you on this, we should try and keep politics discussions out of this board. Don't get baited by people who get triggered by facts and resort to "Nuh uh, you're not [insert nationality here]".

To get this back on topic:
I attended a Chinese wedding last summer and it was much more a joining of two families for them than it is for us in the West. It felt like the wedding was more about the parents of the couple instead of the couple itself.
>>
>>1242706
You are lying. Plain and simple. You are not German.
>>
File: IMG_20170428_190102.jpg (809KB, 2500x1875px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170428_190102.jpg
809KB, 2500x1875px
>>1242717

It's kinda sad how you have no argument against actual statistics. The only thing your tiny brain seems to be capable off is screaming "You're lying! You're lying!"
>>
>>1242714
Die AfD ist halt eine richtige Stümperpartei. Werd sie wohl wählen aber die AfD ist unter den neuen europäischen Rechten wohl die dümmste Partei die ich je gesehen habe...allein das Personal und die Aussagen sind so dumm, da weiß man gar nicht wie sowas möglich ist. Außerdem ist ein großer Teil der Partei neoliberal.
>>
>>1242722

Leider wahr, aber es ist die einzige Chance überhaupt noch gegenzusteuern.
>>
>>1242721
Go outside and take a picture of those burkas. You can't.
>>
>>1242726
Outsider Perspective - You're a fucking goalpost moving idiot. Please neck yourself.
>>
>>1242724
Ist eh zu spät. Wenn das Geld ausgeht dann geht's hier richtig los.
>>
>>1242732

Ich hab zum Glück nen Job in Irland bekommen. Würd ich Dir auch empfehlen.
>>
>>1242726
They tend to be more popular in summer, when all girls are wearing skirts.
>>
>>1242309
is it true that Vietnam got almost as many brothels as Thailand and Philippines, but it's not so well known because of censorship of government?
>>
>>1239833
The country's infrastructure might be first world, but most people's mentalities and behaviours are very third world.

T. Israeli
>>
File: 1470773304355.jpg (18KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1470773304355.jpg
18KB, 320x320px
>>1242432
This might sound embarrassing but a small "culture shock" I had in the US was back in like 2013 when I went with my parents to Disney World.

Fed up with the bullshit prices inside the park we decided to go to Orlando to shop for souvenirs for the family, as well as check out Universal Studios, you could see the difference between the way people treat you inside the park and how people are everywhere else in the city.

Orlando's retail and customer service outside Disney World is utterly bitter. It's like everyone works at DW and they're sick of smiling all the time. Even cast members at Universal were douchebags. A guy redirecting people in the parking lot of Universal was literally screaming at the guests, it was awkward.

That said, the people in Orlando weren't as insulting as that one time my family and I were denied service in a Denny's for looking visibly Mexican.
>>
>>1239640
said by a white sheltered kid
kys
>>
>>1239667
things that never happened the post
>>
>>1240221
dafuck are you even talking?
>>
>>1242790
JIDF damage control: the post.
>>
>>1239953
>they are a minority
They get 10 kids per family none of wich will get a job, they're a huge drain on our society on par with all the Russians that pretended to be jews to move here.
t. Israeli
>>
>>1240375
And some of it is shit brown, baby vomit yellow, and diarrhea green.
>>
>>1242812
Make a post calmly outlining your concerns about the drastic demographic changes being enforced by our politicians in Europe
>Go back to /pol/ you fucking racist!

Make a post calling anyone who had a positive experience in Israel a lying kike or a JIDF shill
>this is perfectly acceptable

/trv/ used a to be great for discussion and sharing tips a few years ago but now the board is complete cancer due to being overrun by sheltered middle class kids who live in white suburbia LARPing as antifascist activists.
>>
>>1244556
I thought JIDF trained their liars better? You're a very bad one.

>make up hurrdurr muslims taking over Eutope shit quality troll post
>get rightfully called out
>write about actual experience in Israel/WB
>JIDF angrily deny someone could have had a positive experience in Palestine
>>
File: 1491205790343.jpg (38KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
1491205790343.jpg
38KB, 300x279px
>>1239640

Love how this comment causes a litany of white boy asshurt. It's like you can literally hear whitey's puny balls recoiling into his flab as it shakes in impotent rage. Good job.

>>1239686

You nailed it. The USA fucking sucks as the greatest collection of suckers to Cola Cola capitalism the world has ever seen.

A third of Americans are brain-dead animals, another third moralizing do gooders, and still another third "redpilled" pantshitters. The last are the absolute worst because they have no logic, no heart, and no shame. They not only refuse to admit how they were blatantly conned by an orange rape apologist who talks dumber than a sign language gorilla having a seizure, but they take great pride in it.

We are literally living the movie Idiocracy. America is a ball of stress plus racism and willful idiocy.
>>
>>1240362
The exact point of these posts is that these people have opened their minds and hearts to foreigners and their cultures and been left disgusted. Difference in culture inherently means that some cultures are genuinely worse than others. You can't have 200+ cultures that are radically different, but exactly as good as each other.
>>
>>1244564
>moralizing do gooders
Change that to virtue signalers and you've got it. Most of the people who say we should feed the homeless, or stop injustices around the country do nothing to actually help these people. They give a couple of heartfelt sentences about how we should all help each other, but can't be bothered to help somebody else. They're hypocrites, and they tell others how to be but refuse to take any of the burden on their own shoulders. Granted, I don't either, but I also never virtue signal.
>>
When I got back in my home country -Netherlands- after spending 10+ yrs living in the middle east and SE Asia. What a godforsakenshithole of a country this is. Too organised, too busy, too narrow-minded, too expensive, bullshit all around. And it's dirty, I cannot believe it how much shit people manage to throw next to garbage bins, not to mention the dogshit everywhere. And don't get me started on the weather...
Holland is possibly the worst of all Western countries to live.

I'm gone, few more months, then it's SE Asia again.
>>
>>1244592
Depends on how you define "goodness of culture."
>>
>>1244602
I've cycled a lot in the netherlands (mostly the northern coast) and never saw anything like that. I t felt like denmark in that everything is quite neat and clean and people are outwardly polite but everything feels kind of cold and unfriendly. And this is coming from a brit living in London, where I'm slowly losing the will to live because everything is so grey and unfriendly.

I have lived in the middle east and travelled in SEA though and SEA countries feel a lot more publicly social, you feel more like a part of the crowd where in europe you feel like you're in your own bubble.
>>
I lived in Qatar for a year when i was 22, working. I think the main shock I got is how you spend so much time in a air-con bubble, either your flat, or the car, or you drive to the mall where it's cold and there's ice cream and smoothie stalls everywhere...it's like 100% of your life is being cooped up in this pampered bubble. And if you try to go anywhere by foot, even in winter when it's not that hot, it shows that there is no public life, all the pavements are shit and broken and there's no shops or street-facing businesses at all. And the only places people go for fun or drinks is expensive hotel bars with zero personality.

I also went to dubai for a weekend for visa reasons a few times, and the same but even worse, I tried so many times to get out of Dubai Mall and downtown and go find somewhere more interesting, but it was either the same problem as Qatar, or it's a shitty indian fabric souk or gold shops. There's no life in the city except in the filipino and indian areas and even there most people are just about getting by so there's nothing to do other than shop for basics. The old fort (Al Baladiya) seemed interesting but it's been stripped and cleaned and has very little historical interest left.

Basically Dubai is only worth going to if you treat it like a big disneyland and you have a ton of money to spend on hot air balloon rides and tickets to atlantis etc. If you're looking for any sort of culture go elsewhere.

All that said, there's a lot of fun to be had driving around the desert and camping overnight with friends, or driving up to the beach and spending the day barbecueing and drinking in 40 degree heat, or jetskiiing and parasailing for like £5 (or just meeting some arab guys who want to show off and let you have a go on their jetskis because there's some pretty girls with you).
>>
>>1242381
why would want to travel to those countries though...
this is why I avoid murricans while traveling.
>>
>>1242375
Benny Hill lived in his parents house in Southanpton even though he was world famous. Pipes busted because of the cold on Christmas.
>>
>>1242642
As a Londoner the public transport in Japan blew my mind. Not just in terms of logistics; the level of service the employees put in is extraordinary.
>>
>>1240067
> The lack of vibrancy

Oy vey
>>
>>1242172
> Buh huh huh, muh feelings

Don't forget to change your fucking diapers.
>>
>>1244692
I'm currently living in Qatar, been here about a year and a half, and everything you said is still true. I just wish I could do my job in an air-con bubble. Logistics job at the military base keeps me outside a good 90% of the time, even in 45-50c heat.

Oh, and don't forget the never-ending construction and the absolutely insane traffic! I'm hoping that the fabled transit rail system they're supposedly working on alleviates the traffic a little. I doubt it, though, not with the fucking Land Cruiser fetish out here. Just out of curiosity, whereabouts did you live? I'm in West Bay, about half a km from City Center mall.
>>
>>1242614
>wonder why such aggressively xenophobic people are on a travel board
they think it's fashionable now. it will go over.
>>
>>1242721
Got em
>>
>>1240330
>frenchmen piss in public
Those are gypsies, algerians , moroncan and negroids, anon.

We invented toilets.
>>
>>1240362
t. butthurt immigrant shit
Go back to your armpit shithole that nobody wants to visit or smell.
>>
>>1242717
just give it up mate. he aint lying
>>
>>1244824
>implying
>>
>>1244593
Meta virtue signalling. Good shit.
>>
>>1242642
I agree with this. I was just in Shanghai and Beijing, and I can honestly say it was easier riding those trains in China as a monolingual American than it is in Chicago, Boston, or New York.

China
>kiosks are electronic and in Chinese and English
>no lines to buy tickets because they have enough kiosks for the number of travelers
>cost from the airport to downtown: 50 cents
>walk through "security" where they wave you through
>stations are clearly labeled and color coded
>trains come every 3 minutes no matter what line you're on
>everyone sits quietly and uses their phone
>people on the subway dressed up like yuppies
>the whole place is clean
>stops are short and trains are quick

US
>check the schedule for when the train comes- next one in 20 minutes
>2 working kiosks, one with "JA MONEY BROTHA" carved into the screen
>other kiosks have been showing the same crashed error screen for the last year and a half
>pay 4 bucks one way
>labeling is retarded- just gives you the name of the final stop in that direction
>train finally comes
>sit for three minutes after boarding for no reason
>screeeeech out of station at a crawl
>everyone is super loud and put their feet up on the chairs
>dudes blastin' tunes yo
>dudes comin' through asking you to buy their candy bars for two bucks
>bottle of piss comes rolling through the aisle when the train brakes
>sit for five minutes because the train ahead is behind schedule and hasn't cleared the station yet

I guess what I'm saying is Americans suck at public transit and they're really loud. I fully expected to get jostled around and have to push in China, but I didn't really encounter that at all.
>>
>>1242717
> A argues point
> A gives evidence
> B argues point
> B has no evidence
> B resorts to attacking A's character instead of his argument

Nice one
>>
>>1245604

China's a bit of an organised chaos. I wouldn't want to live there, but it's an incredibly dynamic place and the people are honestly quite lovely.

If the air weren't so polluted, I wouldn't be so opposed to living there long-term. When I say 'organised chaos', I really mean that in the best way possible - the bustling markets, the crazy taxis, the busy yet (as you say, efficient) public transport.
>>
>>1242642

Japan is a great place to visit, but for such a developed country it has a high suicide rate. It makes me wonder about the work culture there.
>>
>>1239610

>mfw this hellscape was "free" East Germany
>>
>Go to Finland
>Expecting a cold dreary country full of suicidal people who hate talking, especially to strangers
>Everyone is happy as fuck and instantly bond with everyone i meet, they love having a drink and a chat

Weird desu
>>
>>1240147
I was delighted when I learned that in SG and the US shops are actually open and that there are 24 hour shops. I love it. But I also love my German Sunday, everything is calm, the streets are empty. The bakeries are mostly open from 7am to 11am or so, getting some fresh bread for breakfast. I can't even get any bread here in SG except for either really expensive bread or shitty toast.

On topic, I was kinda shocked how people here in SG barely cook, at least the middle class. But I learned to love hawker center and I really wish we'd have that in Germany. I enjoy a good Döner but it gets old really quick. We lack decent fast food.
>>
>>1242416
>applying to jobs in ireland
unless your german, fuck off we're full
>>
>>1245733
Finns insdandly regognize fellow aoudist
>>
>>1239570
Big kek
>>
>>1239415
Dubai Native here.

I fucking hate arabs.
>>
>>1239570
Thanks I needed that
>>
Just came home from Indonesia to the Netherlands. The prescense of sidewalks and bicylce paths is refreshing.
>>
Maybe this is kind of silly/naive, but it was the first time I had ever been to a Second/Third World country, and the contrast was pretty big

>Was studying abroad in Spain
>Take a short trip to Marrakesh/Essouira in Morocco
>Me and three girls, one of which is my gf
>Get into the airport at night, rendezvous with the hotel guy, we drive a little bit of the way and then walk the rest to the hotel
>At night
>Get jeers, weird looks, people start following us, hotel dude yells at everyone in Arabic
>Finally get into the hotel
>Hotel manager is smoking weed and asks us if we want a puff
>General experience exploring the souks was sensory overload: bright colors, motorcycles flying around you at high speeds, shit and spices, people yelling at you at all times
>Spent almost all of the first day trying to find a working ATM
>Girls get constantly catcalled, ppl call me Ali Baba and ask me if I'd sell them for camels (p funny desu)
>Didn't want my gf who was a "sardine" but the other two girls, who were "round like onions"
>One of the girls was French and so she did a lot of the talking, but I always had to go with her because most ppl wouldn't take her seriously if a man wasn't with her
>Gf hair gets pulled by ppl on the street
>Just felt like I was getting scammed by everyone
>Shit constantly was going wrong
>Stepped in donkey shit

In hindsight it's a pretty fun experience, but at the time I thought it was really stressful. That said, by the 2nd or 3rd day I had gotten used to it and really started to enjoy it. Great food, beautiful sights, and the people who aren't trying to scam you are genuinely very nice. A little Arabic goes a long way. I didn't know what I was getting into desu. Since then I've heard that Marrakesh is a giant tourist trap, but I wasn't aware of that at the time. I'd like to go back and visit some more of rural Morocco and the less touristic cities. I liked Essouira at least 10x more than Marrakesh.

Pic is the Djemaa al-Fna at night.
>>
>>1242212
I feel this so much...I studied abroad in Spain for 5 months and walked everywhere, literally didn't even get in a car or bus unless it was to travel to another city. Everything was walkable and everybody walked, including the old people. Now I'm back in Atlanta and I never can just go outside and stretch my legs because of the constant traffic. It's just not healthy.
>>
>>1240084
People not in education, training or employment tend not to be in a situation where travel is an option on account of them being broke losers and all that
>>
>be Chinese-American
>sign up for domestic Chinese tour package for Jiuzhaigou because why not, it's fucking cheap (around ~200 USD for a four-day tour with lodging and food included)
>meet at some random street corner in Chengdu at 3 AM, nobody is here except for some random food cart selling dumplings and baozi
>fast forward 15 minutes later, a fucking sea of people arrives
>next hour is spent organizing people to get onto a literal convoy of buses in near pitch dark conditions
>it's the most orderly chaotic scene I've ever seen in my entire life
>everyone eats super fucking fast, every meal is devoured in less than 15 minutes with zero talking
>most of the tour group is pretty diverse, people are from wuhan, jiangsu, hebei, beijing, shandong, etc.
>people are very pleasant until you encounter huge groups, then it's a free-for-all

thanks for reading my blog, Chinese people are fucking weird

my favorite experience:

>on bus ride back to Chengdu
>end up at buffet restaurant in tourist trap village
>one dude takes a tray and creates a literal pyramid of food and rice on top of it
>takes his mound of food and sits down away from his wife and daughter for some reason
>proceeds to put his face on the food mound and shovel food into his mouth
>i try my hardest not to laugh
>laugh really hard instead
>>
File: 1490667523907.gif (621KB, 480x304px) Image search: [Google]
1490667523907.gif
621KB, 480x304px
>>1247833
>>1239415
>>
>>1246015
:-DDDD
>>
>>1242212
Canadian here. I cab relate to this feel.
>>
>>1242238

There are plenty of walkable cities in the USA.
>>
>>1239941
>Egyptians are arabs
lolno, it's just Egypt got overrun by arabs, that's all
>>
>>1247833
what are you then?
>>
>>1248548
I'm a biracial arab/brit. I hate my own kind and i'm not ashamed to say so.
Society is down the drain due to a life of laziness and being given everything without true hard work to achieve it. I am witnessing a real life version of "Good times create weak men." and tryi g my hardest to not become a product of my own environment but a product despite my environment.
People value social status to a disgusting degree and everybody worries about reputation.
Gluttonous, lazy, stuck up, prejudice, judgemental race and I am doing my best to become a man with good morals despite this.
Distanced myself emotionally from my parents a long time ago, although I maintain a facade of a surface bond to keep them from snooping/causing a big deal. Live in a subletted bedroom in a villa and wouldn't have it any other way.
Sorry for the blog post. Had to rant
>>
>>1244564
Yes, we are living in an idiocracy and people like you are the idiots. Fucking retarded nigger.
>>
>>1242212
Texas is just a shithole in general, it's the number one state for highest Co2 emissions after all.
>>
>>1248550
>I'm a biracial arab/brit
let me guess, you mom is the british ? most mixed people i know hate they darker side
>>
Spain airport, they just ignore the english language, and if you call them out, they say that "this is spain".
>>
>>1248594
i love my family. both sides. im actually a 4th generation immigrant and not originally local. and even that is used against me as an example of the prejudice here. but yeah youre correct. but no i prefer my local/black half
>>
File: 1415566547638.jpg (844KB, 4558x4542px) Image search: [Google]
1415566547638.jpg
844KB, 4558x4542px
>>1248622
>but no i prefer my local/black half
>>1248550
>I hate my own kind and i'm not ashamed to say so.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 104x139px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 104x139px
>>1239570
>>
>>1248631
prefer doesnt mean like. my own kind as in country. i am okay with my dads side of the family.
drama with immediate family.

ok?
>>
>>1239953
Are you the guy who still denies Rome being a trashy tourist shithole when I provided pictures of it being a trashy tourist shithole?
>>
>>1242145
It depends on the state, i live in Louisiana and I find that the small towns are nice and Nola is kinda like a foreign city
>>
>>1244564
You sound like a major faggot lol
>>
>>1248607
This is just entitlement you fucking twat.
>>
I don't know if it's really culture shock but I have a really hard time adjusting to signage primarily written in languages I don't or barely understand. Even if I'm not really paying attention, there's this persistent drain on my energy; especially if I've just come from a tour of museum or something where I was only reading/speaking/hearing English for the last couple hours.

Also, Christ are there a lot of very forward dealers in Berlin.
>>
>>1248646
If you work on a fucking AIRPORT, how can you not speak other languages? What are you expecting by working on Europe's biggedt airport and not being able to speak english?
>>
>>1247833
I have noticed that most western educated Arabs hate Arabs. I kmow someone who works high up in the Saudi government who hates Arab, and is secretly very anti Muslim. Loves to escape to Bahrain to indulge in alcohol and whores
>>
>>1249115
all saudis indulge in alcohol and whores. Matter of fact most arabs do. thats pne of the things that infuriates me. their attitude is holier than thou but they sneak around committing all the sins except eating pork because "pork? disgusting! thats for infidels!" it honestly astounds me how obe can be such a hypocrite and still have the gall to criticise other cultures as if they are lesser beings. absolutely mind blowing.
>>
>>1248418
what are the people on these autism wagons like? Did they think you odd?
>>
>>1241926
That's an interesting experience. I'm from the US, but I live in Colombia and I went to PY last year to visit some Paraguayan friends in Asuncion. They're pretty upper crust, so they're all quite intelligent (private school education) and I never really interacted with non-upper crust people there. Are you experiencing this with old money people or just the middle class and below?
>>
>>1242401
After a month in Berlin, I left to go stay in Albania. Surprisingly I had seen many more burka etc in Germany than there.
>>
Went to visit my dad in Saudi Arabia (he works there and had me sneaked in as an IT assistant, I stayed a month then got "fired" and went back home)
>whites work in walled compounds
>leaving these compounds is fucking dangerous because locals hate you
>someone got attacked while driving, they ran him into a ditch with some other car, beat and robbed him
>going out in the city was even more boring than the compounds even with the thrill of risking getting confronted by locals
>horrible condition of infrastructure
Felt good going back home
>>
>>1249512
I want to visit Saudi Arabia just because it's so hard to get in. I've been thinking of trying to arrange a local for a "business meeting". I've also read some people managed to get a transit visa.
>>
>>1249115
>>1249120
saudis, at least the rich one are utter degenrate and pron to the most vulgar pleasure. They are hypocrite
>>
>>1249546
Thank you.
>>
File: EISENHUETTENSTADT-master1050[1].jpg (173KB, 1050x700px) Image search: [Google]
EISENHUETTENSTADT-master1050[1].jpg
173KB, 1050x700px
>>1242401
>Smaller towns are slowly dying
Implying that small towns in DDR weren't always dying. The only time they were thriving were when they were exporting inferior goods to the Soviet Union in a closed economic system and keeping their own citizens in gefängnis.
>>
>>1249463
Albania is the only European country with a Muslim majority. Everyone gets along because they had to deal with the hideous dictatorship there.
>>
>>1249625
Bosnia as well. But they're also used to all different religions getting along. You can have a mosque, church, and synagogue all on the same street.
>>
>>1241952
What was different about them?
>>
>>1239376
going to NYC and then returning to WA state

Everyone says NYC is full of assholes but at least they're genuine assholes.
>>
Went to Paris for work, dont know too much about the place. Was there for a week in St Denis. If you want to know what the doomsday scenario is for Europe go to St Denis in Paris.
An absoloute utter third world nigger/Arab infested sewer. No white people at all and as you can imagine everything going to rot. In the heart of Europe but felt like Liberia, Algiers, Saigon all rolled into one.
>>
>>1250624
You've never been further than Des Moine.

(St Dennis cathedral, by the way, is a must-see destination if anyone is interested in French history. Far more interesting than Notre Dame.)
>>
>>1242681
>people start to realise muslims are bad for their countries
>people state those things more openly because they have enough
>clearly they are trolling and my superior morality makes me see through their guise.

Please just off yourself mate. Most people who don't have a problem with muslims are in reality the ones who don't have anything to do with day to day muslims and only come up with anecdotes of their lives.
>>
>>1248622

So just an arab, then?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1487380653656.jpg (70KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1487380653656.jpg
70KB, 960x540px
Phnom Penh was quite a shock. Not too bad though. Shitload of fun actually
>>
>>1250995
>St Dennis
At least get the name right
>>
I'm Canadian. I lived in Germany last summer and I was surprised by how strong the culture shock was. In Germany, everything save for bakeries is closed on Sundays. There are 0 water fountains anywhere in the country (none in the gym, in parks, at the universities, etc.) and you can not get tap water at restaurants. You have to pay to use public washrooms. You can't torrent anything because the ISPs track it and fine you for doing so. The water and bathroom issues made it feel like I wasn't in a first world country. All of those made me really miss Canada.

Another weird thing was that 99% of the people in Germany were white. I visited Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, and Cologne, and in the vast majority of places there were only white people. I expected Germany to be as diverse as Canada (especially with the refugee crisis), but it definitely felt like a homogenous population.

On the plus side, their public transportation was incredible and the cities were beautiful and full of history. It's crazy to think that the majority of the cities were rebuilt in the 50's.
>>
>>1241918
>Colombians are backwards
>t. soneone from teocratic shitehole

The day you have gay marriage, gay adoption, decriminalized euthanasia, decriminalized drug use like we do, then you can call us backwards.

There are many places where you can get your phone out . What places/cities did you visit anyway?
>>
>>1239684
I'm here right now, with grandparents, so they've been a little over bearing.

What am I missing? For what it's worth, I've been everywhere OUTSIDE of Medellin. Driven up and down the mountains and towns. Such beautiful terrain. Breathtaking even.

Today was the first time i was really downtown. Talked my uncle into ditching the park and stopping into some markets. Such a /cyb/ place. I love it here so far, but haven't seen enough.

I need film and batteries for my camera. I need to see this place. Is it as dangerous as my Gramma says?!

Honestly, I look around and I just see people living. There will be desperate characters, but like anywhere else in the world, most people are just trying to get home to feed their dog or their kids.
>>
>>1239686
I recognise it as a lack of self consciousness and irony - People are simply more frank around the world - which is why first world jokers like us generally do so well conversationally. We can only respond in irony or sarcasm, not knowing how else to approach this foreign land. And they eat it the fuck up. Give it a week and they'll be tired of you, of course. My cousin just sits around saying he wants to see women, fishing for a laugh from every aunt uncle and cousin native. It's fucking exhausting.
>>
>>1239772
have you looked at a map of Israel/Palestine?

Israel forcibly, ignoring all legal bodies that may have had any sway, moved into agreed upon palestinian lands, and stole them from Palestinians.

Israel might not be at fault through all of history, but they have been for 50 years now.
>>
>>1245399
>those are the majority of France, anon.

(unintelligible)
>>
>>1241918
All of this is true but it's still way less backwards than Iran.

The women can be incredible looking and still accessible, it's cheap, people are generally warm and friendly, their dance/music culture is amazing, and no where is overrun by tourism yet. Those are the only good things IMO.
>>
>>1245399
Ironically enough, the friendliest people you can find in Paris are Algerians and Moroccans who still haven't been forced to assimilate to Parisian society, as well as other tourists.

Not saying every Parisian or French is bad or that Algerians/Moroccans are all good, but for fuck's sake, Parisians can be the most bitter fucking assholes you meet if they're in a bad mood that day.

What I'm saying is that you should be ashamed that the street pissers are more amiable than the people who are supposed to welcome you. Except gypsies. They're ass.
>>
>>1239610
Why the fuck is there a train driving down the road?
>>
>>1251575

Dunno mate might have something to do with the fact the city is overrun by brown criminals. Algerians/Moroccans being nice? Please. They form the bulk of the criminal population there, not to mention they love to harass white women. Paris is shit now because of 3rd migrants. majority of terrorists are algerians and moroccans, the whole meme that is arabs that are the only assholes in middle east is laughable.
>>
>>1251807
Not him but even without arabs Paris has always been terrible to meet people desu

You only go for the sights
>>
>>1248315
my biggest complaint was the fact that none of the shops had any kind of prices shown. Also, the call the prayer was annoying as shit in the morning. But the worst thing was the bikes in the bazar. The noise, the smoke and the risk of getting hit. We even saw one small kid being clipped and a mob gathering for a potential lynching.

If that is the future of Europe, I'm glad I won't be here for it.
>>
>>1239931
Egypt has rotten people. Are you high?
>>
Going to California
>>
>>1245604

Kek, I think thats just the NYC subway system though. DC metro is cleaner
>>
>>1240182
>planning is autism
Wait til you grow up and your time gets so scarce that you have to use it efficiently.
>>
>>1252867
I am mid 30s with 2 teenage children amd a wife. Spontaneous plans are still made for leisure time. It doesn't take an act of Congress to hang out with friends/be sociable. Let alone spur of the moment outings with the family
>>
>>1252894
Regarding the fact that you got your kids at 18-19, i assume that planning isn't your thing anyway.

Snappy remarks aside: I work full time, try to be /fit/, do all of my household and am working on several projects with a partner. Then there is my gf. I have time on saturday evenings and sunday evenings. Those are taken fast, so there is not much spontaneity.
>>
>>1240147
>>1240326
Honestly I think the closure of shops at night or for the lunch break is fair, it has always been so until modern globalised times and people were totally okay with that. Now we're spoiled by capitalism and internet and we believe everything should be available at any time. This makes sense in big metropolis with 5+ millions people, but not in most cities of Old Europe.

>>1248566
>>1248641
Not him but you really sound like brain-dead mongrels
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1248634
Are you, by chance, the author of this thread >>1251753 ? Just know it's a pathetic retarded thread, and those 2 Anons replied appropriately.
>picture of a wall with graffiti tags
>dirty shithole
Just kill yourself, if you posted that garbage. Rome is dirty only in the high season when it's full of tourists. I've been there multiple times during the year and always found it very much clean. Yeah, Romans are a little negligent when it comes to street cleanliness, but the cleaning system overall works fine, especially near the main monuments. If you are a picky squeamish aristocrat you better stop travelling at all.
>>
Mine's not very good, because I haven't been to too many crazy places, but I'd say Paris for how cold everyone was, more than any of the other 10 countries I've visited.
>>
>>1239655

>arrive from Zurich to Milan
>leave the station
>surrounded by africans trying to scam people everywhere and loitering around the station

Rome was a tons better, but it still wasn't a good first impression of Italy.
>>
>>1253090
Man train stations are always the worst spots. Muslims and niggers usually meet and stand around there.
>>
>>1242238
London is pretty when you are visiting.

It is not fun to live in.
It's where I've been living for the last two years and before I did I really wanted to move here because it felt so advanced in comparison to my shitty town.
>>
>>1239376
It's either:

First day in Bangkok on my 5 month trip through SEA. I'm not terribly used to big cities and everything was so congested and dirty compared to home that, even though i knew it'd be something like this, i wasn't prepared for it.
Got over it after 1 day though.

or

Then when I arrived in Manilla, the Philippines I thought I was ready for it, congestion wasn't a problem but the crippling poverty on the way to my Airbnb combined with kids running after me asking for money, people laying next to the road completely naked. Then arriving at my Airbnb place in a gated and guarded neighborhood.
Made me feel incredibly uneasy and I wanted to get out of Manila as quick as possible (To Palawan, Siquijor and later Siargao).. I was there to celebrate christmas with a friend.

The people though, no matter how poor, were absolutely amazing and friendly, with locals inviting me to sit down with them and sharing a bottle of rum/brandy or some beers and refusing me paying for a round of beers or a new bottle.
The Philippines has a special place in my heart now, although I will forever avoid Manila like the plague.
>>
>>1239570
Pynchon?
>>
>>1244602
>Lived in south east asia
>complains about trash next to the trash can

South east asia hardly has trash cans and the only reason why you don't see much trash on the floor in some places is because they burn it in the streets.

Meanwhile in other places you go off the main road and you're greeted with mountains/fields of trash next to the river and covering woods.

SEA doesn't give a single shit about proper trash handling.
>>
File: SEA of trash.jpg (2MB, 2080x1560px) Image search: [Google]
SEA of trash.jpg
2MB, 2080x1560px
>>1253355
>>
>>1250624
Lol why the fuck did you go there. It's not even Paris. It's the banlieue. Tbh à lot of Paris is nice. Everything near gar du Nord needs to be burnt down though.
>>
Took my school to a mosque in Coventry. The children were full of interesting questions and the imam struck me as the least curious guy in the world. He just described every tradition and ritual verbatim. The children asked questions beginning with why and there was never an actual answer. We were visiting sister school and I was shocked that children (little girls) just go on "holiday" during the summer holiday and just never come back.
>>
Beijing, China
>so polluted I couldn't see 5 feet in front of me
>everything is a rip off of American products
>obvious tourist trap merch like Obama looking like Che Guevara and selling the Communist Manifesto. I don't believe Chinese people actually care about this shit.
>people still living in mud huts
>weird sporadically placed commie-block looking buildings in the most random places, empty and looks like someone just made them big and tall for no reason
>had to pay to use the toilet
>Chinese food nothing like I'm used to in America. Too hot and spicy. Rice was like plastic.
>had a hard time finding water to drink. had to survive by sucking on "water popsicles".

I know I sound really naïve, but this was like 6 years ago and I wasn't aware of the pollution at the time. I was so disappointed because I couldn't take any good photos. I took a picture of me on the Great Wall but you can barely tell and the background is full of other people taking selfies so it was really lame. I couldn't find any place to be alone. There were too many people. The whole time I just felt like I was waiting in lines for things...just for looking at things, and for walking up stairs.
>>
>>1251357
>Germany last summer
25 years ago I lived in Bremen for close on 7 years
>everything save for bakeries is closed on Sundays.
True, except for special Sundays when some shops would open
>0 water fountains anywhere
Huh, Bremen had fountains, not sure they were potable, I used to cycle long distances and must have topped up my bottle somewhere. I've seen them in Bavarian towns.
>can not get tap water at restaurants.
Not true, I would always insist, but I just learnt I had no right to do so: http://www.zeit.de/2013/24/stimmts-restaurant-leitungswasser
(they can decline to serve or charge for it)
Not the case in France, nor Italy where even small villages have drinking water fountains, and free tap water is a right, if buying a meal.
>pay to use public washrooms.
Pretty much all Europe is like this, I think the UK may be the exception
>99% of the people in Germany were white .. Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, and Cologne,
Towns near a US army base changes that proportion, and Bremen had a significant Turkish population
>public transportation was incredible and the cities were beautiful and full of history.
Confirm, I think only the Swiss have superior transport.
>>
>>1239570
beautiful
>>
File: Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png
7KB, 645x773px
>>1239570
too much feelings
>>
>>1253447
what do you mean by 'holiday'?
>>
>>1253534
The kids go back to Pakistan/Bangladesh and get married off. I'm talking 10/11 year olds.
>>
>>1253454
staying soon in Peking for a few days.
Can the pollution affect you in the long or even short run? Quite scared of getting some illness or even headaches cuz of it
>>
>>1253545
If you go in with that idea you probably will get headaches or feel ill. Nocebo effect and all.

A few days in Beijing shouldnt pose a risk, you might feel it a little on your breathing though. I especially had that the first hour. (though this might also be due to the intense heat and jetlag I was experiencing)
If it makes you feel better, you can always wear a pollution mask.
>>
File: japanmask.jpg (46KB, 580x341px) Image search: [Google]
japanmask.jpg
46KB, 580x341px
>>1253454
>>1253576
I'm planning a trip to Hong Kong and I'm very scared about pollution, especially because I'm an asthmatic. Do you know if the levels of pollution over there are dangerous? I know Beijing is unparalleled, but I'm still worried.

>you can always wear a pollution mask
I've been thinking about this a lot. Does it actually work? Is it the same as pic related?
>>
>>1239376
India - Dilli and Varanasi.

Probably? dead people on the streets, filth and poo.
>>
>>1240067
Reminds me of when I traveled to Thailand when I was 20. BKK was my first time in a really huge, crowded city. The noise, heat, smells, thousands of people everywhere – I loved it. The most intense impression was the feeling of not being important anymore, just one of millions in that incomprehensible mass of people, and I loved that too.

My travel buddy fucked off to the beach after a few days but I spent all of my three weeks there alone in Bangkok, checking out the city, hanging out with a Chinese-Thai girl I had met in parks and malls, eating great food and drinking with strangers at bars at night.

My home city just felt completely dead when I came back. It didn't help that it was the middle of winter there and no one was out out on the streets.
>>
>>1242390
Can confirm. I have been living in Vienna all my life and I hate using public transport in the summer. There is always some disgusting swine that hasn't showered for days, stinks of sweat, cigarette smoke and stale beer. I don't get what the fuck is wrong with these people. It's not many, but one is enough to stink up a train car.

I have literally never experienced anything like that in the multitude of Asian countires I have visited, no matter if third world to first world.

Take a fucking shower, you disgusting animals!
>>
>>1242395
No. There are many problems that immigration brings, but this is not one of them. The worst smelling people in my place are always natives.
>>
>>1245087
When it comes to service culture in every way, the rest of the world just can't compare with East Asian countries, notably Japan and Korea. Someone in the service industry being rude or even putting in a minimum effort is just not accecptable and I have never seen it. Service personel basically telling you to fuck off, like it happens regularly in Europe, is unthinkable.
>>
>>1253419
I had to change trains in that area train on my way to the airport with my wife once. That were a tense twenty minutes let me tell you.
>>
>>1253819

>be postman in England
>hold breath whenever the surname on a letter is Pakistani or Indian because otherwise a tsunami of curry+BO stench will explode from the letterbox and knock you out

it's not a meme lad
>>
>>1242641
Danang is comfy tbqh
>>
>>1253534
Theres a massive problem with little girls being made child brides in the uk
>>
>>1253447
Well, they're taught that every answer reside in koran so they don't wander further

T. 90% muslim country resident
>>
>>1242212
I felt exactly this too, although I'm from Europe but went to live in Canada for 4 years. I had to come back home because that feeling of being so far away from everything was unbearable. If I had no car I couldn't do anything. There's highways everywhere and everything is focused on work, work, work, fuck that. The only thing I could do was to either come back or move to the city itself, downtown, but prices were insanely expensive so the choice was obvious. I'm so glad I came back and I don't imagine myself living in Canada or the US ever again.
>>
>>1253578
I haven't had a problem in HK (fellow asthma sufferer here). I did check aqicn.org every now and then, and had a mask on me just in case. The worst I remember outside of mainland China were downtown Singapore and Bangkok... Somehow in HK I got windy weather, so I guess it was lucky.
But like, just have a mask and your medicine at hand, you never know. Actually the air conditioning might be a bigger enemy, I always had scarves with me, too, had to throw them on everytime before entering some air conditioned place.
That mask looks like some plain surgical one, won't help too much, esp if it's not fitted. 3M makes some cheap ones that filter out really tiny things, google 3M pollution masks. In HK you'll see a lot of people with masks anyway, but a lot of them will just sport these surgical masks...
>>
>>1249665
I loved Bosnia for that.
Also one of the biggest mindfucks of my life was getting shitfaced with Muslims in Mostar during Ramadan a few years back.
>>
>>1239640
>being this nigged
>>
>>1239570
what did he mean by this
>>
>>1252894
>mid 30s
>2 teenage kids

infidel
>>
I went to Venice with my wife about 2 years ago and it was absolutely lovely. Everything you'd expect, classy, full of beautiful art and despite being so busy with tourism it was remarcably chilled out. Towards the end of the holiday we thought we'd venture on to the lido to see the famous beach that often features in films about Venice. we had built it up in our minds that it would be really beautiful and chic, the sort of place someone like Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly would hang out, maybe slow and catchy jazz music drifting in from the cocktail bars ringing the beach.

When we got there we were so disapointed, nothing at all like we expected it to be and nothing like the city we had just travelled from via waterbus. It was like fucking Bennedorm, which is fine if you like Bennedorm or are expecting bennedorm, but when you were expecting Venice meets Monte Carlo or Cannes it is a real culture shock. After some time in Venice proper, having to dodge cars and cyclists like a normal street takes some getting used to as well.

"It'll be OK when we reach the beach." I reasured my wife, "This is where they have the film festival. It will be nice."

Then we reached the beach. It was disgusting. The amount of ciggerette butts was enough to turn your stomach, it was about 45% fag end, 55% sand. I have been to beaches in Spain, I've been to Barry Island, Kenya and the Gambia and even the USA and I've never seen a beach with more crap and litter in the sand. I didn't want to take off my shoes for fear I would step on an a used needle or get a knotted Jonny between my toes. Serenaded with Beyonce's "All the single ladies" on repeat from the sticky "Stag/hen night" style bars that skirted the beach, my wife and I came to the conclusion that the Lido is not really our sort of place. Some people will love it, if you go on holiday to get drunk, tan and listen to the same pop song on repeat you'll be in heaven, but it was not what we expected.
>>
>People in this thread unrionically visiting India

But why
>>
>>1257212

Why is everything so fucking tacky and designed to appeal to lowly plebs?
>>
Chichen itza I grew up in chicago in a pretty shortly neighborhood but man this level of poverty and scamming was gross to see these beggars and trash peddlers next to these am
>>
>>1242768
>for looking visibly Mexican.
are you mexican?
sounds pretty legit to me if so
>>
>>1257230
People on cartoon imageboards shouldn't throw stones.
>>
>>1257218
I only visited it ironically though, anon.
>>
>>1257218

Taj Mahal?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (38KB, 452x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
38KB, 452x200px
>>1242309
>and wait for it to all blow over.
>>
>>1257218
dealing with all the scammers is a sort of adventure unto itself desu
>>
>>1242641
that oceanside road...driving through the jungle near that big buddha is awesome too there.
>>
File: okcgegty5mgy.png (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
okcgegty5mgy.png
3MB, 2560x1600px
>>1239570
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.