[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>is a one day tour of Chernobyl worth it? I have 5 days in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Chernobyl-Part1_03.jpg (516KB, 2000x1231px) Image search: [Google]
Chernobyl-Part1_03.jpg
516KB, 2000x1231px
>is a one day tour of Chernobyl worth it?

I have 5 days in Kiev and I absolutely hate tour groups, however that seems to be the only feasible way to visit. I am not infatuated with Chernobyl or anything, although I do find it interesting, I am just not sure its worth a whole day and ~$150 to see.
>>
>>1238919
>tour of Chernobyl
Pripyat you mean. That on the pic is also Pripyat
>>
>>1238919
>paying to get radiation
>>
What would you do? "oh look guys people use to live here"
>>
Yes, it's absolutely worth it. I'm glad I did it. Just remember you need to book it at least 12 days in advance.
>>
Can you do Fukushima day tours?
>>
>>1239131
The website said 7 days in advance. I hope its only 7 I will, in 12 days I will be leaving kiev to Georgia kek
>>
>>1239137
The area is still too irradiated i think. Chernobyl and Pripyat are safe in regards of radiation, as long as you don't take any metal shit back home with you
>>
also interested in this, the tours get reviews like
>>1239131
so I assume it's worth it. I think they are supposed to put the new cover over the plant in the end of this year, so I guess it's a good time to go, assuming you get to see the plant.
>>
> you will never fuck a qt chernobyl bae whose radiation turns your dick into cyclops from x-men the next morning

;_; why even live
>>
>>1238919

Did a group tour and it was great, tour guide dngaf and just let us wander around at our own pace, climb the massive rusty radar and explore the tower blocks. Very surreal place.
>>
>>1239665
>try and piss
>lasers shoot out your dick and vaporise your toilet
>have to wear a metal condom for the rest of your life in case you split your gf in half

/trv/ never thinks things like this through.
>>
>>1238919
Hey OP, I have a suggestion for you. I'm planning on doing this myself in March of next year.

>go to Belarus
>they have 5 day tourist visas, which is very new (previously you'd need to go through a lengthy visa process and get a letter of invitation)
>travel down south in a rental to the border
>visit Poleski State Radioecological Preserve

When the plant blew, most of the radiation ended up in Belarus. The reason all the tourists go to Chernobyl is because the reactor is there, along with the big city. It sounds fun, but honestly so many tourists go there and rearrange childrens toys and gas masks and bottles to make pictures look more creepy, it's destroyed the intention of keeping the area a time capsule. This has been happening since Ukraine eased its border restrictions.

Belarus is different. Not a big city, but several abandoned cities and villages, look them up on Google Earth. You may need to get approved to enter (I'll speak to a tour guide about this) in a similar way as with Ukraine, though.

Also, next year is their 100th independence anniversary, which is celebrated as an anti-Russian holiday by patriots and nationalists, which I think is cool for the history of it.

>tl;dr do this shit in Belarus
>>
>>1238957
its free and you get to take it home, good value imo
>>
File: DSC_3729.jpg (2MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3729.jpg
2MB, 3008x2000px
>>1238919
I went on a 2 day tour last June and I don't think 1 day is enough. I think you'd regret going for just 1 day because there is plenty to see. It's definitely worthwhile though. The Duga radar, the cooling towers, reactor 5, the wildlife it was all epic.
>>
>>1239714
Which tour company was it?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.