[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a currency thread going? I like to travel to places

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Can we get a currency thread going?
I like to travel to places where the dollar has gotten stronger
The canadian dollar was forecast to drop to .65 this summer so I have been waiting to take an RV trip up there.
What other places are travel bargains for americans this year?
Maybe south america?
SEA keeps getting stronger so I think I will wait on that trip.
Anyone else take this into account for their travel plans?
>>
Good idea.

Turkey is a country to think about for the upcoming (northern) summer, and some people on /trv/ have discussed just how cheap Ukraine has been as a result of the civil war in the east and the economic crisis.

The USD and other major currencies (EUR, GBP) are up about 10% against the South African rand. It's a shame it's coming in to winter, because there's bargains to be had, particularly food and alcohol.

You can sometimes have a short window of time to enjoy the modest benefits before prices rise.
>>
The peso is at 18.5 down from almost 22 a few months ago . I wonder what next winter will be like. I hate paying more that I did before
>>
Argentina is going to have a big devaluation of at least 50% after the october elections you might check that up
>>
I feel like this would be a good segway into FOREX trading, but Ive looked into it and it seems confusing as fuck.
>>
>>1239248
Fuck if that turns out to be true I might ship my van over there for the winter.
>>
>>1239518
No more 'blue dollar' in Argentina, so it's too expensive even with their monopoly money status http://snowbrains.com/so-argentina-is-expensive-again-the-black-market-dollar-is-gone/

There's far too much crime in BA too you would never in a million years want to drive there you'd just get robbed at every traffic light.

>>1239250
Don't bother unless you have a few trillion dollars and are connected to a bank https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forex_scandal
>banks colluded for at least a decade to manipulate exchange rates for their own financial gain.
>>
File: 468637.jpg (114KB, 982x644px) Image search: [Google]
468637.jpg
114KB, 982x644px
>>1239531
I would stay out of cities and mostly try to camp on beaches for free and catch fish.
I did this in baja with great success. Is this viable in argentina ?
>>
>>1239531
>>1239248
>>1239518
I was in Argentina literally 2 days ago... Spent almost 3 weeks in there. Saw no crime, suffered no crime. It isn't cheap anymore, that's for sure, but not expensive either. 1 dollar = 15.4 pesos, depending where you change your money. Used to be a lot more, I am told, though.
>>
>>1239186
Lol that's a first world problem if I ever heard one
>>
>>1239543
How much was a meal?
A can of beans at the supermaket?
A beer?

Its tricky to figure out if someplace is cheaper or more than where you are coming from .

Did you have fun?
were people nice to you ?
Do you speak any spanish?
Damn , I just asked too many questions at once. Sorry
>>
>>1239553
Depends on the meal. For example, Burger Joint, one of best burgers I had in my life, was 180 pesos for a burger, fries and beer. There are cheaper places and more expensive places.

I didn't really buy any stuff and the supermarket, cuz my whole plan was having 1 huge meal at a nice restaurant and some facturitas (bakery bread, basically) here and there.

A Quilmes can be something around 40 pesos. A Stella around 70. Artesanal beers can be around 100 pesos at a bar.

I had LOTS of fun. Some people were, some weren't. I am from ECuador, así que sí. I think it really helps I have a A LOT of friends living in Buenos Aires (including my 2 exes). That way, I always knew if I was paying too much or what was a fun place to go.

No worries, man. Ask way.
>>
>>1239561
Thanks!
Is it a good country to camp inna van on the beach and do surf casting?
Would you feel safe sleeping in a van in a small town there?
What about in Ecuador ? Would a blue eyed american who is working very hard on his spanish be welcome there?
>>
>>1239566
>Is it a good country to camp inna van on the beach and do surf casting?
>Would you feel safe sleeping in a van in a small town there?
I only did Buenos Aires and Tigre, sadly, so I couldn't really say.
>What about in Ecuador ? Would a blue eyed american who is working very hard on his spanish be welcome there?
Really depends where. Montañita? Playas? Olón? For sure. In Guayaquil, not so sure. In Cuenca, I think so.
>>
>>1239568
>In Cuenca, I think so.
I had some friends that spent a year in cuenca and they said the locals only saw them as a paycheck.
They had a hard time connecting on a real level.
They are rich yuppies though so they get that a lot.
>>
>>1239569
I could see why. Depends on what you're looking for, really.
>>
>>1239553
>Its tricky to figure out if someplace is cheaper or more than where you are coming from .

numbeo.com is a good cost of living comparison website. It should be in the sticky, but that thing hasn't been updated in years....
>>
>>1239561
>180 pesos for a burger, fries and beer

almost 12 bucks
That is about the same as many parts of america.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.