[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travel advice needed! In late May / early June my wife and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (505KB, 816x684px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
505KB, 816x684px
Travel advice needed!

In late May / early June my wife and I want to go on a long weekend (4 days) to somewhere inside the red circle. It'll be our first trip with our new baby. We live in the north of The Netherlands and we're looking to drive 6 hours at most. We like nature and active trips, but a good citytrip can be fun too. But we're also baby-bound. She'll be about 3,5 months old at the time. Currently considering Luxembourg or the Harz region. Any destination-advice is welcome!
>>
Let me give you an advice:
Safe yourself the hassle of a long drive. It's not worth travelling much with such a young babby.

Just take a tent, something to eat and drive into a nearby forest to do some camping.

In your marked area there are not really many possibilities. Since I am from Germany, I can tell you that most german cities in your marked area are not really worth driving to. Hamburg can be nice but wouldn't recommend with a small child.

If you really want to travel somewhere though and you like outdoorsy stuff, I can recommend the Black Forest in Germany. It is slightly out of your range but the best bet for a young couple with a child.
Especially now the forest and the mountains are beatiful. You can go hiking everywhere and there are restaurants at every corner. So when your babby is sperging out, you can rest a while and get some wipes and shit.
>>
>>1238379
go camping in the belgian ardennes, or if you want to stay closer to home, the veluwe
>>
File: SchlossWernigerode2007.jpg (830KB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
SchlossWernigerode2007.jpg
830KB, 3072x2304px
Harz region is great. But maybe save this for a later trip.
>>
>>1238392
>I can tell you that most german cities in your marked area are not really worth driving to.
They are worth driving to if you drive through them or if you have a base camp in another city to plan out trips. Especially parts of the Rhine are nice. Northern Germany with Hamburg and Lübeck as well. Also the Hartz area, even though I wouldnt recommend it with a young child desu.

But yeah, everything north and west of Frankfurt was bombed flat and I wouldnt recommend visiting, especially when there are Belgian cities and Hamburg. Also Paris is close and so is Bavaria, which is better suited for tourists than all the German cities in your circle combined.
>>
>>1238652
>>1238392
OP here,
Been to Paris and Bavaria before.
Black Forrest is a good idea.
But camping with a 3 month old in May doesn't sound very good desu.
>>
>>1238379
>nature and camping
Eifel region desu
>>
File: Helgoland1.jpg (2MB, 1772x1178px) Image search: [Google]
Helgoland1.jpg
2MB, 1772x1178px
>>1238379
Get on a ferry to Helgoland, M8.
http://www.ferrylines.com/nl/overtochten/search-results/destination///Helgoland/?no_cache=1&cHash=d430d73d9a79536a271771f31b19df38
>>
>>1238736
Sounds like legoland for dyslectics.
>>
>>1238379
I have a odd suggestion.
Go to the Sauerland in Germany.
Something like Sorpesee. It's a comfy place where mostly germans from the region go to spend their summer holiday so it's still kinda cheap, not overrun and should be comfy in May.
>next to a lake
>outdoor and nature is right outside your hotel/cabin
>about 1h away from Dortmund so a city trip is no problem
>children friendly
>>
>>1238684
Strasbourg nigga
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.