[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of leaving my life behind and going to California for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: download (3).jpg (8KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
8KB, 284x177px
Thinking of leaving my life behind and going to California for a while. Financially what should i expect from moving to a state with a higher cost of living. Im planning on paying for a bedroom in someones apartment and then getting 2 jobs.
>>
gas can go all the way to 4 dollars when you get nearer to the center of sf and $1400- $1800 for your bedroom. Learn to cook to save $$$ otherwise you're looking at $12 for a real meal. Bus is $2.50
>>
>>1238184
San Francisco here. Rent is indeed insane --average rent for a two-bedroom is now $4500+. But if you can rent a bedroom in a rent-cotnrolled apartment you should be able to pay a below-market rate. Still not easy to find anything under about $1200, though. More remote neighborhoods are cheaper--Ocean Beach is pretty affordable, for example, which always surprises people who think beachfront living would come at a premium (because they don't know that the beach is 50 degrees and foggy 300 days a year in SF). But it will take you close to an hour to get downtown on the bus or train. Related to that, if you don't know already, San Francisco is not warm. Our summers are foggy and cool, and it's over 75 only about a dozen days a year. The East Bay and points inland get hot, but we don't.

>>1238891
Although housing is about the most expensive in the country, there's actually quite a bit of cheap food. Chinese grocery stores, whether in Chinatown or the Richmond or Sunset neighborhoods, almost always have the cheapest produce; big supermarkets like Safeway are only the best deals for a few things, mostly processed/packaged stuff like cereal. You can easily buy enough groceries to feed yourself for less than $100/week if you shop carefully.

And hole-in-the-wall restaurants that won't break the bank are all around, too, but you have to search a bit. Mostly grungy ethnic places--Vietnamese sandwich shops, noodle joints, unsanitary-looking taquerias where nobody speaks English and the hipsters don't go yet, etc.
>>
>>1238184
Get the job(s) first. Unless you have 100k+ in the bank, apartments will want to see proof of income.
>>
>>1238184

Bay Area nigga here. Why do you want to move to San Francisco? I love SF, it's a beautiful city and lots of fun, but rent is insane. I'm serious. You sound like a young guy and not rich at all, so why work two jobs like a dog to live in a shit hole apartment? I recommend staying where you are, finishing college, and THEN moving. But if you still want to move, then I recommend looking into rent prices in Oakland. It's across the water from SF but only a 20 minute subway ride away. The Temescal neighborhood is booming in Oakland. You may also want to look into the cities Berkeley or Hayward, and other cities in the East Bay. You'll still be in the Bay Area and you could still easily visit SF any time you want.
>>
Why's everyone assuming he wants to move to San Fransisco? What part of California do you want to move to OP? If you're a minimum wage fag you can actually live really well by getting one or two jobs and moving to a poorer part of the state like the Central Valley or way up north. Minimum wage is >$10.50 and still rising.
>>
Would anyone recommend moving San Diego with only 6,000$? I have a friend who lives there and I will be stayin with them for a few weeks.

im in my early 20's. (23)
>>
>>1238184
Hey guys, not OP, just thought my question is related, I've been dying to know where link related was filmed? The band is from San Diego so I'm guessing it's close there, anyone can help? Thanks in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOTcr9wKC-o
>>
>>1240669
Sorry, being a derp, not much info given, the place where the band is playing
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.