[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright, family. i'm gonna give it to you straight. i hated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_7399.jpg (62KB, 730x411px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7399.jpg
62KB, 730x411px
alright, family.
i'm gonna give it to you straight.

i hated having a job, i hated going to school, i hate having to wake up when other people tell me. but i can't leach off my family forever. so i'm going to leave for a while.

i want to live out of my subaru outback. i think i'm gonna make a vlog-type youtube channel where i document my adventure. it'd give me purpose. and eventually, the channel may make enough money to fund my adventures. but for the beginning, money would he an issue and i would basically be a bum. (still better than working and paying bills)

i think i could feed myself very cheaply if i brought a portable gas stove, plates/bowls/silverware, and spices. incould make big ole dishes like a burrito mix, and it could sustain me several days.

i think it would be fucking awesome to live like this. travel wherever at my own pace.

but i want some insight. i haven't really spoken with anybody about this.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>1238132
i wouldn't bet on a youtube channel ever funding your adventures. good luck tho op
>>
I would love to watch ur vlogs.
>>
>>1238132
>document my adventure
I don't know if adventure is really the right word. Thousands of Americans actually have to live out of their cars through no choice of their own, struggling to eat properly, stay clean, and look for work.

You sound like a fun guy, but you also sound like a pretty naive and immature guy. Why don't you try it for a week or so during your upcoming summer vacation?
>>
File: 0406171508.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
0406171508.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>>1238132
I was thinking about this too. Either living in the back of big smurf (pic related) or paying to live in a bedroom somewhere. Where are you thinking of going to OP?
>>
i don't drive, so cannot help with that.

you do want to make sure you're confident with editing, have a reliable laptop and backup system that can be serviced easily, camera, lighting, backup camera, broadband, etc...
>>
Trade the car for a van - at least you'll get a good flat bed, abit of space,and you can work on converting to a camper by adding equipment as you go.

>an old diesel Merc would probably survive Armageddon if you can find one.
>>
Not sure you realize how much work goes into creating a good travel vlog. Also, you're gonna run out of money fast. Think of all the cash you're gonna burn through on gas alone
>>
ignore the haters and do it
>>
>>1238183
probably the west coast first. san diego all the way up to seattle, eventually. but v slowly

>>1238218
yeah i know. that's the fright. worst case scenerio i'd just stay in a populated area and beg until i can afford enough gas to proceed.
i've thought about learning an insturment so that i can get a few bucks, but idk
>>
>>1238656
Why not just keep your job for like 6 months and save as much as you can for this? I lived in Thailand like that. My factory shut down and I just took my savings and just drank and fucked hookers across SEA for 9 months. I only had 9k too.
>>
Being in a shitry touring band meant I spent a lot of time being skint and sleeping in a car, with 3 other smelly guys, sleeping in a car sucks. I never Want to do it again and recommend it to no one.
>>
i would follow your channel if you made daily videos and we get to see you at your most desperate and vulnerable
>>
>>1238797
OP's most desperate and vulnerable would be needing to call home to tell mom she was right all along... but the battery on his iPhone is dead.
>>
>>1238797
probs wouldn't upload daily. would upload whenever i finish a decent video
>>
>>1238132
I actually know someone who does this. She lives in a westfalia and drives around hiking and skiing and getting Instagram likes.

Here's the reality of why she can do it.

1. She's from a rich family and has a financial safety net.
2. She's a pretty girl.
3. She actually spends most of her time shilling products for sponsors, updating her social media and generally hustling for attention on the internet. She actually spends way more time working in this shit than she gets to spend having fun.

You will not make enough money off a YouTube channel to support yourself, I guarantee it. Vandwellers, travel bloggers and the like are a dime a dozen, it's an over saturated market on social media and you need a huge gimmick and lots of keyboard time to get by.
>>
>>1239345
No, you need to upload on a regular basis otherwise your viewership drops off.
>>
>>1238132
ive thought about doing this a lot too. in my version though, i plan on getting a van and taking the seats out in the back and fitting it with a mattress. i dont think an SUV is big enough to live out of.
>>
File: 20170324_193649.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170324_193649.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
i did this in 2014. Same story, just fed up with it all so i made a bed in my hatchback and drove west. from texas to seattle and everywhere in between it cost about 1500 to live in my car for 2 months and drive everywhere. then i stopped in seattle and worked in a hostel. it seems so long ago but it was the best experience of my life so far. i got tired of job hopping and being poor so i ponied up and joined the military. now i do virtually nothing and get babied by uncle sam. AMA.
>>
>>1240071
The Green Tortoise?
>>
>>1240071
how old were you when you joined?
>>
>>1238132
I would watch a vlog by an anon
>>
>>1238132
Are you going to accept temporary jobs here and there in order to get money to live (at least for the food)?
>>
>>1240180
YouTube is littered with vlogs by people living in their vehicles
>>
File: 1366836642189.jpg (8KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
1366836642189.jpg
8KB, 264x191px
>>1238132
>i hate having to wake up when other people tell me
Cmon dude grow the fuck up
>>
>>1239348
This guy knows whats up.
>>
>>1239348
>>
>1. She's from a rich family and has a financial safety net.
>2. She's a pretty girl.
>3. She actually spends most of her time shilling products for sponsors, updating her social media and generally hustling for attention on the internet. She actually spends way more time working in this shit than she gets to spend having fun.
I was literally going to post the exact same post. OP, forget it if you're not female.
>>
>>1240112
No.

>>1240113
Almost 26.
>>
>>1238656
>stay in a populated area and beg
fuck off
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.