[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Relatively new traveler who wants to visit the most reclusive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: nk.png (2KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
nk.png
2KB, 318x159px
North Korea has always interested me as a country, being the most reclusive and uniquely disturbing nation on this planet. Something about it makes me want to go visit and absorb what life is like there. Of course I understand that what I will see on the tour isn't what most NK's go through on a daily basis, merely what they want you to see. However, I would really like to go and see it for myself. Problem is I don't really know how to get started. Is it true that you can't go solo? Which tour companies would you recommend? What will the bureaucratic process be like? Has anyone here ever traveled there and would be willing to share some tips?
>>
https://pastebin.com/3j4WSz3G
>>
>>1238135
Thanks.
>>
Also if your interested in the DPRK have a look here. >>>/p/3052889
>>
>>1238135
>https://pastebin.com/3j4WSz3G
Wew, this almost reads as if it was written by the North Korean bureau for tourism.

It's this very typical argument coming from people defending NK tourism that they're not at all trying to hide parts of the country - it's just that they will naturally show you the stuff in Pyongyang! I see, so is that also why they often change itineraries last minute and permits photographing when the surroundings are looking a bit too grim?

This is laughable and I hope you will look further than that terribly shitty pastebin
>>
>>1238277
Every DPRK thread has one assravaged sjw trying to shit it up. It's you, isn't it? Always the same buttmad poster?
>>
>barely travelled but I want to go to North Korea

We have this thread every month.

>>1238135

Christ, this is like that subreddit which unironically likes North Korea.

OP, you're better spending your money actually seeing different parts of the world than blowing a relatively large amount for a heavily guided tour.
Still want to do it after you've seen a bit more of the world through your own eyes? Fair play, go for it, I wouldn't want to help bankroll that kind of regime myself, but that's your choice.
>>
>>1238321
Why are you even here? Go away. This is not a board for the likes of you.
>>
>>1238284
>SJW
Opinion discarded. Fuck off to /pol/, you're obviously not able to have a discussion.

>>1238321
Finally a sane person. I don't know what kind of utter moron wrote that shitty guide.
>>
>>1238335
Obvious samefag is obvious. Nobody else here shares your angry virginal worldviews. You have nothing to contribute, so just go.
>>
>>1238128
>Is it true that you can't go solo?
Have you done any research whatsoever?

>Which tour companies would you recommend?
Young Pioneer Tours

>What will the bureaucratic process be like?
You fill out some forms that the tour company sends you, you send them back, you show up in Beijing at the right time, and they take care of everything else.

>Has anyone here ever traveled there and would be willing to share some tips?
Don't go now. North Korea needs leverage against the US and other western countries, and holding a bunch of naive tourists on manufactured charges would be a great way to get that.
>>
>>1238345
No, I was not samefaggin.

>angry virginal worldview
XD
>>
>>1238335
>hur dur it's heavily guided hur dur therefore you can't see the real North Korea
It's about seeing the facade. It's called reading between the lines. You should've picked this up by 6th grade
>>
File: ronnie-osullivan.jpg (331KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
ronnie-osullivan.jpg
331KB, 2048x1536px
>>1238334

There's at least two of us mate. This board is for me, I love our planet.

I'm certainly not an "SJW" by any stretch, I even voted for Brexit.

>>1238394

Exactly, so why spend £2000 plus on a 6th grade philosophical question; for a week of bus trips mainly consisting of 80s machinery and crumbling apartment buildings? I can see why someone with decades of travelling under their belt and a certain outlook might consider it, but not someone with so much of the world to see.

That much could get you around Europe if you haven't travelled much, or even somewhere similar like Vietnam or China where you can actually explore the streets and bars for yourself, meet people and generally be left to it.
>>
File: wow.gif (2MB, 235x180px) Image search: [Google]
wow.gif
2MB, 235x180px
>>1238128
>wanting to go to NK
>when there is high chance for a war
>>
>>1238284

How is someone an SJW for not wanting to fund and support concentration camps?
>>
File: 1464209742336.jpg (194KB, 1064x983px) Image search: [Google]
1464209742336.jpg
194KB, 1064x983px
>>1238425
dont be a bitch anon they're not in concentration camps they're in a undemocratic country. That the way of life their people have chosen we cannot judge them based on their way of life
>>
>>1238425
If he refuses to go to dprk but goes to Israel, that's hypocricy.
>>
>>1238428

Israel is a liberal democracy with rule of law, a free press and doesn't put people into concentration camps. I don't see how the two are comparable.
>>
>>1238427

>dont be a bitch anon they're not in concentration camps they're in a undemocratic country.

Except there are concentration camps all over North Korea

>>1238428

Not really, Israel might generally have an expansionist, Zionist outlook politically, but it's a liberal democracy. The best liberal democracy? Fuck no.
>>
File: 1464208075751.gif (834KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1464208075751.gif
834KB, 500x281px
>>1238435
yeah and we have prisons all over the US some require prisoners to labor the difference is in the name anon
>>
>>1238425
what's wrong with funding and supporting those camps?
>>
>>1238436

I'm a Brit; but whilst the US prison system has clear deficiencies (influence of private companies being the most ridiculous, but this isn't the board for that), I don't think making people stamp number plates and sew mail sacks is comparable to the miscarriage of justice and literal torture frequently reported by survivors of NK internment camps.
>>
>>1238440
what im getting at is its all relative so who cares
>>
>>1238436
>>1238438
>>1238442

>you will never be this edgy
>>
>>1238128
You can only go solo if you have a Chinese passport, then generally you're allowed to wander away from tour groups and just do whatever you want except you will need passes/permission to leave certain areas like every local N Korean. He's visited a few cities there, stayed with locals.
>>
>>1238442

Exactly, like I say >>1238416 it's the individual's own moral choice. Just don't see why a relatively new traveller would bother so quickly.
>>
>>1238447
Er, my friend from China has.

I went to school here with a Chinese kid who took his summer vacations to North Korea because it's absolutely dirt cheap if you bring a handful of Yuan and some gifts.

Btw the people there actually do like the dear leader. We're told it's all fake and they secretly hate him but everybody he talked to there on the downlow loved the guy and lectured him on the "capitalist destruction" of South Korea whenever he brought up their so-called freedoms.

All the pictures he took were confiscated though upon exit so if you are Chinese and go hide your SDcard
>>
>>1238394
You're really dumb, aren't you? Try reading my post again. I didn't claim anything that differs from your point. That's not my problem at all with visiting North Korea.

>>1238450
You cannot conclude from your friend's limited experiences that everyone in North Korea loves the leader. Besides, I'll bet that paranoia thrives in North Korea, so I'm not sure they'd be telling him the truth anyways
>>
>>1238433
>Free press.
>>
>>1238423
We always have these happen every decade or so when North Korea makes a big technological "advancement." China will just tell the US to back off and it will all go back to normal somewhere by the second half of this year.
>>
>>1238128
I looked into it a bit in beijing

A. fucking expensive
B. totally "on rails"
C. no party, nightlife or anything that looks like fun
D. everyone is too scared to talk to you, you can't go to normal shops, markets empty when you arrive
E. there seems to be a bit of a loophole in that you can visit another westerner already there with little restriction

the only appeal is people who WANT to get themselves into trouble
>>
>>1238760
I don't know where you got your information but at least half of it is wrong. You're not very good at looking things up I see.
>>
Looking at visiting NK too

Someone once told me that you can also book tours in places like Dandong with Chinese travel agencies for a fraction of the price, does anyone know if this is true?

I'd assume the cheapest guides would be Chinese, can a non-Chinese speaker go with a Chinese group? I mean, I don't really care about hearing what the guides have to say, more about seeing the sites. I'm sure they could communicate the most important stuff with simple 'yes', 'no' & pointing or hand gestures if I'm doing something wrong.
>>
File: 1347450386140s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1347450386140s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>1238427
> That the way of life their people have chosen we cannot judge them based on their way of life
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.