[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are places to meet other travelers if I'm not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1480128860486.jpg (117KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
1480128860486.jpg
117KB, 425x425px
What are places to meet other travelers if I'm not staying in a hostel?
>>
>>1237679
Bars, public transport, the touristy spots
>>
>>1237679
>meet other travelers
Why would you want to? I'd be trying to get away from them. Not out of some Real Travelling™ schtick, it's just that 95% of them are assholes. Much like the "real" world.
>>
>>1237700
>public transport
I think I missed out on a good opportunity on my last big trip.

I was in Portugal in August and while I was on the train from Lisbon to Sintra, these two girls were sitting near me and glanced over at me here and there like they wanted to make small talk. They were speaking some romance language which sounded like Spanish but not quite (possibly Catalan). Would dropping a casual "excuse me, what language are you speaking?" have been a good conversation starter?
>>
>>1237679
meet up and couch surfing events can be worthwhile. Pub crawls are the best tqh. If you step out of your bubble at a bar you can too. Go to one with games. I find darts works the best you can play it by yourself for awhile and then challenge some one else to game. I've had some great nights doing that.

Tour groups also but I haven't had much luck with that one. Hostels that have a bar are the best way though. If you're not staying at a hostel you COULD go to a hostel that has a bar and kinda pretend like you're staying there and meet people there. I don't think people will think much if you tell them you're not staying there and trying to meet people.

I hate meeting people nowadays though. The only good thing is having people to go out to bars with. The real question is how do you meet local girls. Any advice anons? I hate tinder and online shit in general girls. How does one do it especially if you don't speak the language? the travelers ultimate dilemma.
>>
>>1237804
>>1237804
>The real question is how do you meet local girls. Any advice anons? I hate tinder and online shit in general girls. How does one do it especially if you don't speak the language? the travelers ultimate dilemma.

It is not a dilemma, you just don't like using online. But it is very easy.

IRL, though. Bars frequented by university students. You will likely find someone who speaks english.
>>
>>1237804
Dude... Interpals

Most girls on there have friends who want to meet foreigners
>>
>>1237811
Also, bars/clubs in middle/upper class areas of where ever you are.
>>
>>1237812
He said he doesn't like online
>>
>>1237812
'friends'
You know what they fucking want, dont lie
>>
>>1237816
I'm not sure I do...

The experience is widely different between countries. Most European girls on there are looking for something real but the Thai girls just want green cards
>>
>>1237812
It seems to me like almost any of the Asian girls on there are just looking for language exchange, and there's a lot of "NO PERV!!! DON'T TRY TO FLATTER ME!" which is understandable considering all those 50-year old creeps, but it just doesn't seem like a good place to pick up girls, at least not for Asia.

I found lots of 20-something Chinese girls with the interests, hobbies and music taste equivalent to those of a 13 year old Western girl and then I found lots of headscarf-wearing, equally as immature Indonesian girls who are into Disney films
>>
>>1237822
it's a gold mine for late 20s/early 30s Asians
>>
>>1237799
"What language are you speaking?" Is gold.

In Spain a couple years ago my friend and I were giving out other buddy a hard time for not talking to any girls during the trip. He got fed and walked up to the nearest girl and asked "hey, where are you from?" They've been friends ever since.

Small talk is the best ice breaker sometimes.
>>
>>1237838
Can agree. Ended up in a 3 year relationship with an Aussie chick I bumped into in Halifax NS airport on the way to Newfoundland. I heard her order a beer in the bar so Iooked over and said "well, that's not a local accent..."
>>
>>1237679
instagram, tinder.

I was in middle of nowhere Cambodia town once and went on instagram finding a bunch of French tourists, for some reason Cambodia is full of single European travelers.

>>1237822
Those are just filters to prevent the hordes of Indian men and Kebabs who harass them mercilessly with really bad pickup lines or demands to get naked on camera. It doesn't mean you shouldn't ask them to go out and get some dinner with you or something
>>
Couchsurfing events and meetup are very nice since it's generally attented by both locals and travellers, pub crawl being the best, in Chile I paid about 15$ and i got 1 hour of open bar, free shots and ended up in the vip room of a nightclub with qt brown latinas
>>
>>1237679
Just hang out in the common area or outside of a hostel. I realize this doesn't work for all hostels, depending on their layout and security, but it could be worth a shot.
>>
Don't go out of your way to meet other travelers, meet the locals. It's a far more interesting experience.

I'd suggest Tinder or whatever the common local dating apps are. Get Tinder Plus and start using it at your destination a couple days before you land, and you'll have a local tour guide to fuck and show you around pretty quick if it's a good spot.

Or if you're a prude there's always couchsurfing events, local walking tours, bars/clubs. But the only people I still talk to months later are honestly just the girls that I hooked up with that became friends.

>>1237822
That's Asian girls in general. They've been so sheltered that talking to a 21 year old asian girl is like talking to a 15 year old western girl at best. Beyond their mid-20s it gets much better though.
>>
>>1239283
>That's Asian girls in general. They've been so sheltered that talking to a 21 year old asian girl is like talking to a 15 year old western girl at best. Beyond their mid-20s it gets much better though.

this
>>
Camp site, Onsen, bar, local festival.
>>
I wish I could answer this for Toronto. I hate dating North Americans and just want to hook up with Europeans until I travel/can get my fix lol.

Suggestions?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.