[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to move to Paris but I'm so scared of the terrorist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

I want to move to Paris but I'm so scared of the terrorist attacks that have been targeted at France. There's been so many of them. I'm from a rather small city in Finland, thus I have never had to live in fear of becoming a victim of a terrorist attack. I know it is very unlikely that it will happen, let alone to ME in all of the some 10 million people currently living in Paris (if a terrorist attack will even happen there any more), but just imagining to die in such a brutal way like people did last week in Stockholm... I just cannot bear to imagine that happening to myself.

I know what some of you may think of me, but please take into consideration that I come from a VERY safe country where I've never had to be afraid of anything like that happening to me, therefore this all seems very weird for me.

Merci.
>>
>I want to move to Paris
do it if thats what you want
>but I'm so scared of the terrorist attacks that have been targeted at France.
they happen now, you are aware of that, but in my own opinion, if your goal in life is to truly move to Paris, then it is better to accomplish your goal and die for it in the prime of living your dream rather than to be a coward: live safe, die old, never accomplish your goal, and a life of regret. Maybe you truly dont want to move to Paris then, otherwise why let it stop you?

“A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once. It seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.”

make sure to be aware, strong, and smart.
>>
>>1237584

Funnily enough you just stated exactly my thoughts. It's near to impossible for me to be able to study law in Finland as the school only takes the top of the top to enjoy the phenomenal Finnish school system. I have two options left for myself: either I stay in safe, good old Finland and study some subject I have absolutely no interest of whatsoever or I take whatever my destiny beholds for me in Paris. I believe I should follow my intuition on this, the bad thing is I have no idea what it's trying to tell me.

Great quote, is it Hemingway?
>>
As a french citizen, young student in Paris btw, my first reaction is to support you coming here and assure you that we all feel safe (take the example of the european football cup, or COP21, Olympics in 2024...).
I perfectly understand your point of view, but if it's your dream and desire to move to Paris then don't let them take your future down.
Hope to see you around !
>>
>>1237576
You have a greater chance of being injured in a drunken fight outside a Finnish heavy metal bar than you do of being injured in a terrorist attack in Paris.

This thread isn't really about travel, though, and it will probably just descend into shitposting about French immigration and Finnish autism.
>>
>>1237593
c-can I live in Paris as well? mex-american here.
Studied French there for a month (school program) loved it.
>>
>>1237576
If you look at it objectively, there are probably many more likely and more painful ways you could die in a big city. If that doesn't help and you're still scared of assuming that risk, just stay in Finland.
>>
Are French posters not embarrassed of their country? It has now become associated with terrorism and Muslim immigrants in the minds of the world. You're a stranger in your own home. Arabs and Africans dictate where you may walk while they violate your women on a daily basis. How has the French Republic sunk so low?
>>
>>1237718
EU and chancellor Merkel
>>
File: IMG_1409.jpg (102KB, 634x436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1409.jpg
102KB, 634x436px
Reminder that defenseless French people were shot in the back with AK-47s while lying face down on the ground. Appeasement of the Muslim savages should have ended that day. Kindness is taken as a sign of weakness by the enemy.
>>
File: skwrl.jpg (193KB, 568x586px) Image search: [Google]
skwrl.jpg
193KB, 568x586px
>>1237576
I'm an old git who lived through the IRA campaign in the UK. Frankly, whilst each attack was a tragedy for those caught up and their families, nobody gave a shit and continued as normal. If you're that terrified of dying young, I'd be infinitely more concerned about getting in a car or crossing a road.

You've got a hugely better chance of winning the lottery than getting erased in an act of terrorism. Quit being the trembling pussy these terrorists are relying on you to be, and get on with your life. Fuck 'em.
>>
>>1237576
There won't be a France if Le Pen doesnt win.
>>
Vive la France !
>>
>>1237576
The only thing you should be concerned with is the adaptation to a big city with its advantages and disadvantages

t. Parisian

>>1237718
>>1237726
get back to pol with your propaganda.
>>
>>1237759
>>1237914
Vive la France!
Vive le FN!
>>
>>1237759
>>1237914
>>1237964
samefag
va te pendre
>>
>>1237964
Vas sur /pol je pensais pas qu'il y avait d'aussi gros déchets sur ce board.
>>
>>1237956

Thanks man, your comment gave me some sort of unexplainable solace. You like living in Paris yourself?
>>
>>1237576
>1237576
the likeliness of such an event happening to you is very low at best.
I have a similar question. I am gonna be on holiday in the US this summer. Since people are getting shot every day in the US, how safe is it to travel there? it's just a daily occurrence and isn't reported much, just like car accidents in any country, pretty frightening to be honest.
>>
File: Rue_Montorgueil.jpg (455KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Rue_Montorgueil.jpg
455KB, 1280x960px
>>1238060
Born and raised (which is quite rare since most people living here are from other parts of France).
Speaking of adaptation, I'll give you the reason why so many people on /trv/ have a bad opinion of Paris. It's because they only went to the touristic places and focused only on the people they saw there rather than building/museum or worse, believe what they saw on TV. And it's true you have black dudes trying to make you buy effeil towers, gypsies sign something (careful with those they distract you to rob you) and beggars, but you will find this in every major city cauz they're trying to make some money.
Also you have neighborhoods where arabs and black people are in majority (kinda like chinatowns in the US) because as you know France was a colonial power and those communities settled in those neighborhoods because it's cheap (most of the northern parts of Paris and Belleville/the 13th district for asian people). But those neighborhoods are safe and there are no better places to eat a good couscous/mafe/pho soup or have a cheap drink.
So that's mainly why /pol/tards or FN voters say Paris is a shithole but they have a short memory since it's been like that since at least 50 years.

Now onto the advantages and disadvantages, I'll start with the later
-It's a big city so it might be overwhelming since you come from a small city
-you might be frightened to see so many colored people at first since you're probably not used to it
-just like in every big city you might get robbed at night in some sketchy neighborhoods
-the renting prices are really really high in the city, unless you're somekind of exec or don't care living in a small space I suggest flatsharing
-You might feel lonely (flatsharing will prevent that)
-The people

Advantages :
-There is always something to do (srsly it's insane)
-You'll meet extraordinary people
-The culture
-The food
-The drinks
-The architecture
-The people
>>
>>1238060
but yeah I like living here (and I've lived in other cities).
But desu, depending on how you manage you'll love it or hate it.
>>
>succumbing to woman tier emotions when making rational decisions

Don't leave the house, there are dangers out there...
>>
File: 1428435274656.jpg (17KB, 236x305px) Image search: [Google]
1428435274656.jpg
17KB, 236x305px
>>1238205

Don't worry, I'm not afraid of dark skinned people. I'm half Sierra Leonean myself actually. I hope there isn't a lot of racism in France as in people avoiding black / dark skinned people, mistaking them for shady robbers or sleazy salesmen? That is unfortunately the stereotype quite often here in Finland (cashier demanding me to show my pockets when I don't buy anything, even though just before me there were people who didn't buy anything from the store either) and shit. Bartenders and cashiers acting coldly towards me (not all of them), you know the drill. Finns are introverted as fuck which might be why some of them are so afraid of me despite black people having been here for almost 30 years.

Anyway, do you believe that I could study law in Paris? I've understood that you can study any subject in France as long as you have a high school diploma? Do you know about the life of law students (or lawyers) in France? Nice amount of money? Fairly easy to get a job? I'd love to live the rest of my life in Paris if I just got over 3000 euros a month for the rest of my life. Wouldn't even make a difference that I'd live in such an expensive city as I would still have money for a good appartement as well as money to enjoy the city to its fullest!
>>
>>1237589
>... or I take whatever my destiny beholds for me in Paris.
Getting run over by a truck while buying baguettes?
>>
>>1238226
Remember that of all the subjects you can study, law is among the least transferrable internationally.
>>
>>1238226
In general parisians aren't particularly racist but you might experience it occasionally. Since the attacks, racists are much more vocal.

I'm not super aware of the requirements to study in France if you don't participate to an exchange program but my guess is that it will be tougher since you're not a french citizen and I think you won't be able to have some kind of help from the French government or from the Erasmus program.

Studying law in France, and especially French law would be extremely tough for a non native or almost bilingual speaker as the language it uses is very, very specific and I don't know if there are some kind of international law diplomas but Science po Paris might have some (very good school but very hard to enter).
In general you'll have to put in some effort to get your diploma, law universities are known to be quite tough and like half of the students quit after the 1st year. If you get your diploma though you'll have a fine job.

It's fairly easy to have a pat time or full time minimum wage job but it won't get you an accomodation inside of Paris.
>>
>>1238282

That's something that I unfortunately expected. People might think I'm a radical Muslim terrorist because of my skin colour, even though I'm atheist. And yep, I won't get any help really from the French government but thankfully I do from Finland! Which is one of the biggest reasons for me to move to France. I'll get the same financial benefits as I would if I studied at a Finnish university. See, our country has enormously big taxes, thus I am entitled to a few hundred euros a month as a uni student which is awesome. Plus, I don't have to pay (at least a lot) for a room in a campus in France, correct?

I'm very interested in politics and law, therefore I believe I'll do great at the university. My French level is B1 at the moment though, I need to get it to about C1 if I want to study in France. I'll go to a 3-month language course after I've graduated from high school. Do you believe that as an EU citizen I could possibly get a job in France if I speak fluent French (and English and Finnish if that makes a difference) despite not being French?

Merci beaucoup for all this information that you've given me btw, I appreciate it a lot!
>>
Just moved to Lyon AMA
>>
What's Sevran like? I just got a cheap apartment share there for next year. I'm looking forward to my visit.
>>
>>1237618
Which is why you don't go to Finnish heavy metal bars or stay out in the field during a lightning storm. That's a retarded comparison.

>>1237677
>>1238065
But those other risks still exist in Paris. So it is only compounding more risk.

>>1237740
Winning the lottery is less than 1 in 10 million. The population of paris is only 2 million and many many people died on the attacks.
>>
Dont worry,you are a finn.

Know who is the most dangerous guy on the block?

A drunk finn.

So get drunk and everything will be alright.

This coming from a finn who has spent more time in foreign jails than actually traveling the country lol
>>
>>1238463
>Winning the lottery is less than 1 in 10 million. The population of paris is only 2 million and many many people died on the attacks.
amazing logic you got there, dumbass
>>
Canadian here who loves France. Been many times. Paris in particular gets me feeling some kinda way. Would love to move there, unfortunately it seems France is super against foreign pilots working in France, which makes sense because I hate foreigners who work in Canada as pilots, but pls....
>>
>>1238421
Answered you in the other thread dude
>>
Well well well...today is the 20th of April 2017 and there has been yet another terrorist attack in Paris. How anyone could consider going to this Muslim-infested shithole is beyond me. Visit Krakow to experience some European culture.
>>
>>1238341
I'm not the guy that answered before, I'm a foreigner living and studying in Paris.
If you want to study law you need at least a C1 level and some universities ask for C2.
I have two friends who entered at Nanterre university, one had to quit because he couldn't work half time and study, the other continues as she doesn't have to work, so I guess it's really hard to work and study law
If you need to work you can, but It's hard to get the first job, then as you have a french job in you CV it will be easier.
Sorry to burst your bubble but there are no rooms in campus, there are students apps but they are hard to get and yes they are cheaper than renting. they are around 350 to 500.
Paris is no a big city in size, you can walk from one side to another in less than 1h30
People won't think of you as a terrorist only for having a dark skin, but there will be some discrimination sometimes, and if you have an accent while you speak it will happen also, but maybe not as strong as you already live

if you need any more info ask me, and sorry for the bad english but is 2am and today was a long day for me
>>
>>1237718
>>1237726
>>1237759
>>1239656

Lol how much do you actually know about France anons? Outside of whatever identitarian fearmongering you feed yourself online?
>>
>>1239682
Wtf are talking about? True or false - there was yet ANOTHER Islamic terror attack in Paris today. Are you implying that we are making all this up? Face it - the French don't own France anymore. It belongs to Ahmed.
>>
>>1239763
Why can't you /pol/ virgins stay on your own board? Meanwhile over 100 people are shot in the USA each say but no one cares.
>>
>>1239786
yea I know. 2 cops were shot in my city today (seattle)
>>
>>1237576
I want to post on /trv/ but I am scared of amount of dumbfucks around.
I know what you may think of me but please consider I am from a VERY mature board.
Just imagining to post in such a faggy way op did last week...cannot bear that.
Merci.
P.s. I am a transgender dwarf in Tokyo, should I learn Japanese to join yakuza?
>>
>>1239793

What's "faggy" about my post? Need I remind you what happened in Paris yesterday? Terrorist attacks are becoming mundane in the lives of French people. The chances of me getting into a terrorist attack go up by approx. 5000 % when I leave France for Finland.
>>
>>1239892
Your post is as gay as Tom of Finland. Now fuck off back to /int/, this is a board for adults. I hope you get run over by a bus, Finland does not need pussies like you.
>>
Perspective is a useful thing:

2015 (last year for which I can find figures with minimal effort) deaths in France due to:

Hot summer weather -- 2,000+

Cold snap in the winter -- 4,000+

Influenza -- 24,000+

Terrorism -- 161 (2016 was down to 89)

All deaths in France due to terrorism, 1970-2016 -- 430

If you were not afraid of France because the brutal weather might kill you, or the flu might take you out, you are silly to waste your time worrying about terrorism.
>>
>>1239986
Again, you are only considering deaths. How many white French children were raped by Arabs? How many western women were spat on for not wearing a hijab? How many men were attacked for walking in the "wrong" part of town?

No answers? Of course not you fucking cuck
>>
>>1240018
You had an argument until you decided to finish with the super cool closer "No answers? Of course not you fucking cuck". Please go back to pol or /r/the_donald.
>>
>>1240025
A convenient excuse to avoid the difficult questions. Your country has gone backwards about 1000 years. Congrats faggot.
>>
>>1240018
>How many white French children were raped by Arabs? How many western women were spat on for not wearing a hijab? How many men were attacked for walking in the "wrong" part of town?

Well, tell us then. How many?
>>
>>1239986

OP here, don't mind about that other guy who posts rude and racist comments. To be honest, your post made me look things from a different perspective. But it's not death that I am afraid of; it's the WAY of dying that terrifies me. Imagine, some terrorist running over you with a truck. What an utterly painful, disgusting way it would be to get killed like that? That's something that sends shivers down my spine.
>>
>>1239958

>"this is a board for adults"
>seriously uses the word "gay" as his only pejorative

You are the most self-ironic person I have ever met.
>>
>>1239986
Good post, but it's pointless, people are stupid.

Terrorism talks are pure bikeshedding.
>>
>>1237576
OP you're a straight pussy. Go to Paris and if you see any mudslimes tryna sex the French women grab a wine bottle and baguette then assert dominance over those nigs. On the real. Also start lifting
>>
>>1237576
I wanted to visit Paris but I don't want get shot or blown to pieces by illegal immigrants either.
>>
>>1237718
>>1237726
>>1239656

refer to;

>>1239786
>Meanwhile over 100 people are shot in the USA each day but no one cares.
>>
>there are millions of muslims living in France
>a small group of retards, maybe less than 30, are attacking randomly
>somehow the millions of ''genetically violent'' muslims aren't going apeshit on French streets, despite many of them not living in the best of conditions and more often than not being discriminated

If the situation were as bad as /pol/tards claim, France would be in civil war. If anything, there have been few attacks.
>>
>>1240559
>take 1% of a group
>generalize with the other 99%
welcome to the internet

>i talked to a rude french, therefore all french people are rude
>there is a hysterical feminist on twitter, therefore all feminists are hysterical
>i saw on tv a muslim detonating a bomb, therefore all muslims are terrorists
>a vegan keeps talking about beeing vegan, therefore all vegans brag about their veganism

Damn confirmation bias.
>>
>>1240562
>I saw an OP being an angry scared virgin on /trv/, therefore all OPs on /trv/ are angry scared virgins
>>
Actually how is the work culture in Paris?
>>
>>1240581

I don't know how many more times I have to say this but some guy other than me has apparently posted, indifferent to the fact that his posts make it look like they were posted as me.
Please read >>1240169
>>
>>1237576
I'm French. And I lived all my life in the Parisian suburbs.
There is absolutely no risk, you have more chance dying in a car accident, plane crash, railroad accident.. etc
I'm white and French and I feel safe at all times in paris or in the suburbs. The attacks change absolutely nothing. We never were completely risk-free to begin with, you could be killed by a crazy murderer anywhere and at anytime. But you don't feel scared by that thought, right? Well it's exactly the same for the isis terrorist menace.
>>
I personal don't wanna go to France because I don't like muslim countries.
>>
>>1241347
You're still a complete moron. How many car accidents happen in any country? They are not 0 and happen way too often. Be scared about that and never leave your house, you delicate lil' fairy
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.