[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fellow \trv\elers i really need some help regarding substancial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: roadtrip17.png (2MB, 1131x681px) Image search: [Google]
roadtrip17.png
2MB, 1131x681px
Fellow \trv\elers i really need some help regarding substancial planing for a roadtrip this summer
(and yes, I used google..)

The Plan:
Buying a fucking cheap car, which is on the brink of death, but, like i already mentioned, fucking cheap
Driving to Turkey/Georgia/Azerbaijan/Armenia (preferably azerbaijan if the car doesnt fuck us over and we dont take to much time going there)
Getting rid of the car and flying back home
Timeframe: 3-4weeks

The problem:
I cant find any Info regarding:
1. Selling your car in Turkey/Georgia/Azerbaijan/Armenia - what do I have to comply to to be allowed to leave the country w\o my car?
2. What the fuck happens if you for example have an engine failure in those countrys? Go to police, get some kind of paper, which tells your car is fucked and thats it? Or a way more anoying and time consuming process?

We even consider just fucking our car up at the end destination, calling police, getting through some paperwork and then fly home.

I would really appreciate any info!
tldr: How to get rid of my car in Turkey/Georgia/Azerbaijan/Armenia to be allowed to leave the country again?
>>
>>1237040
>and yes, I used google..
When your pic shows you want to drive from Armenia to Azerbaijan, that sounds like a lie.

And besides, petrol prices in Turkey are astronomical even for Europeans.
>>
File: fule.png (5KB, 530x108px) Image search: [Google]
fule.png
5KB, 530x108px
>>1237055
I didnt car much what google plotted. We will make our rute on the go.

Petrol prices are more or less the same where i am coming from...
http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

Nevertheless:
I was aware of the Turkey<->Armenia problem, but not of the Armenia<->Azerb problem...you say i cant cross borders from Armenia to Azerb?
>>
Buses in Turkey are really excellent. Cheap, comfortable and there are plenty.
>>
>>1237040
I'm totally ignorant about that region, but I believe you should make a research about bureaucracy of travelling by car between these countries. Probably it isn't only a visa issue.
>>
>>1237040
you cant go from armenia to azerbaijan, you may not even enter azerbaijan ever again if you go to nagorno karabakh

concerning the car, it very much depends on wether you have to fill out a customs form, declaring that you temporarily import your car or not. in case you have to do that, you will need to officially get rid of the car in order to make sure you can leave the country without problems.
most countries offer that you can "donate" the car to the customs deparment, but they will only accept it if its not a complete piece of shit. alternatively, you could of course destroy it, but that sometimes doesnt save you from having to pay huge import taxes

im actually going through the listed countries on a tour this summer and wanted to get rid of the car in some other country, but as this is always a really lenghty process, which is why we are going to drive back to europe, what i would also recommend to you in order to save time and avoid hassle
>>
>>1237040
>Azerbaijan
Probably better to avoid if you're driving yourself. Didn't visit Azerbaijan myself, but I've been to the Caucasus 4 times, and everyone I've met who crossed Azerbaijan with their own vehicle complained about large scale corruption. Stuff like pulling over along some random road, soldier shows up and demands $20 for parking while waving a rifle at you.
>>
>>1237058
Nope, furthermore, you can't go to Azer if you have Armenian visa (as in they will not let you in if they see that you have visited Armenia), but I think you go to Armenia if you have Azeri one.
>>
>>1237137
where did you get that information from? caravanistan says you can
>>
>>1237153
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Azerbaijan
>The government of Azerbaijan strictly bans any visit of foreign citizens to the separatist region of Nagorno-Karabakh.
You can go to both with the visa of the other one (though they may not like it). If the Azeris ever know you went to Nagorno-Karabakh (which is quite easily accessed via Armenia), you will be banned from Azerbaijan for life.
>>
Has anyone actually entered Azerbaijan by car without having a special permit?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.