[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

backpacking through europe this summer, how likely am i to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: chill_slide2.jpg (68KB, 1020x400px) Image search: [Google]
chill_slide2.jpg
68KB, 1020x400px
backpacking through europe this summer, how likely am i to get fined for carrying a knife? ill take the clip off and keep it hidden in my jacket pocket. dont care if it gets confiscated, its only 20$.

its a flip knife so one handed open for german/other laws
>>
>>1236602
as likely as it is for you to anger/scare the police. Otherwise they shouldn't care. But if they search you they'll order you to put it inside your backpack
>>
>>1236603
if they ask if i have a weapon just show them then or what?

im a nice wholesome white canadian
>>
Keep it in your backpack, tough guy. There's no reason to keep a knife on you while backpacking through Europe. You might fall off your chair while you're drunk in Prague or high in Amsterdam and hurt yourself.
>>
>>1236663
>You might fall off your chair while you're drunk in Prague or high in Amsterdam and hurt yourself.
>its a flip knife

lol
>>
>>1236605
I don't know, probably. I've never been asked anything, just searched more or less throughoughly (while crossing borders mostly, but also a few times in different cities).
If you don't look sketchy and don't make them angry they should never care enough to do this to you though
>>
>>1236602
you're very unlikely to be searched anywhere but an airport

and you are MUCH less likely to get into trouble if it's in your bag
and much MORE likely to get into trouble if it's concealed; because people would reasonable assume it's for use as a weapon
goes double if it's a scary looking knife

I carry a utility knife in my bag and it's only ever been thrown out once in a high security zone in west sichuan
>>
>>1236724
>high security zone in west sichuan
what do they protect there?
>>
>>1236602
you watch too much tv
>>
>>1236724
>you are MUCH less likely to get into trouble if it's in your bag
>and much MORE likely to get into trouble if it's concealed

Wouldn't putting it in your bag make it concealed? As in, hidden from view, not openly carried.
>>
>>1236764
sure it does, but it also makes it hard to access quickly,neglecting the threat you would pose otherwise
>>
>>1236724
Some other places do check with metal detectors too. Places of high interest such as some events, concerts, high buildings, big tourist sights. They will not be happy if you have a knife in your pocket.
>>
>>1236767
You're as deluded as the Americans who think they're going to be raped by Jihadis outside the Louvre if you think you need to carry a knife for self-defense while backpacking in Europe.
>>
>>1236764
If it's not in easy reach, it can't be pulled and used as a weapon. That means security is a lot more willing to believe you have it for legitimate reasons.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.