[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/, just found this board, I already love it. Long story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1696.jpg (272KB, 1600x898px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1696.jpg
272KB, 1600x898px
Hi /trv/,
just found this board, I already love it. Long story short: I'm an adoptee and I was born in Colombia. Since I'm hitting my 30s, I want to discover MUH roots and MUH heritage, the most Colombian think I do is listening to Shakira, lol. I was adopted when I was like 1 month, never been back there, only heard about it randomly from news and the Internet, and of course from what my parents reported to me. They always said that it's a gorgeous country, very poor and dangerous, but the people are top tier. At the same time they saw really creepy streets and even some cutthroats, lol.

Since 30 years have passed I don't even imagine how can be Colombia as today. So, since I think you're pretty competent, I wanted to ask you what I've to expect. Is it really a dangerous place, especially for someone who lived in Europe for 30 years? Will I be treated better being, actually, a local (I think I'm a mestizo)? Can I even have some fun (I'm curious to see how girls treat me here, lol), or I risk waking up in a sewer without a kidney? What is the best solution for housing? I'm thinking about AirBnb, but I don't know if maybe a good hotel is better. I don't really know what I will get, the closest I was to Colombia was when I crossed the American border and went to Tiquana. Lastly, which are the main attractions? I really like nature and outdoor and I always dreamt to visit Amazon.

I'm also wondering if there is some way to get in touch with my biological parents... Really curious and scared to be honest. I'm really looking forward this travel, it's like a journey of self-discovery and shit for me. Thank you very much in advance for the advice.
>>
>>1235575
Listen, there's a LOT to see and do in Colombia. If you're not going to specify a city or a specific zone, it's really hard to make generalizations.

If you want to go to the Amazon, that's going to be a very different experience than going to a major city.

Perhaps you should do some digging and see what region your biological parents come from.

Do you speak Spanish at all?
>>
> Is it really a dangerous place, especially for someone who lived in Europe for 30 years?
If you are clinically idiot

>Will I be treated better being, actually, a local (I think I'm a mestizo)?
If you are brown we would think that you're from India or something.
>Can I even have some fun (I'm curious to see how girls treat me here, lol), or I risk waking up in a sewer without a kidney?
There is a thing called sexual tourism, read about that...

>What is the best solution for housing?
Five star hotels

>don't really know what I will get, the closest I was to Colombia was when I crossed the American border and went to Tiquana.

See documentaries about Colombia, they are good for your mind
> Lastly, which are the main attractions?
Where you will travel?
>>
>>1235631
Excuse me for my lack of information, I'm not used to this board. I was born in Bogota. I'm lightly brown, I come across usually as an Italian from the south. I lived for 30 years and still didn't figure out what I am, lol.

So, I'm going to be safe in Bogota?
>>
Also, no I don't speak Spanish. I can learn (my birthday is in august and I would depart in that period) some words, Italian is similar after all. (I'm from Milan).
>>
>>1235575
Is it dangerous? Yea, probably not for a first time traveler. If you're seasoned, street smart, bilingual and not alone, sure, I'd go.
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/colombia-travel-warning.html

If you wish to seek out your adoption, probably should start with what you know,how the adoption happened, paperwork you have on a birth certificate etc, and start writing some emails before you go. I wouldn't show up in person to do things like that. It's a last resort. You might even want to get an immigration attorney to do some of your spanish correspondence for you.

>Five star hotels
This. Don't rough it in this country. You don't even speak Spanish. AirBNB isn't for you.
>>
you and your parents sound fucking retarded and not acquainted with Colombia.

t. Colombian.
>>
Having read 100 Years of Solitude makes me wish I was Colombian just so I could relate to the book more. You're lucky to have a national bard like Gabo.
>>
>>1235758
that's why i've opened the thread.
>>
>>1235881
Colombia is easily 30 times bigger than whatever tiny European country you come from so it's very varied and the level of danger varies too but it's not that bad, only take care of not being mugged/pickpocketed, and things watching your drinks at nighclubs or calling a cab instead of just taking it in the street. Not that there is a big possibility of getting drugged, or express-kidnpapped in a cab, but it's about reducing the risk from 0,1 to 0%.

you won't pass as a local unless you speak native Colombian Spanish, but looking like a local helps to not stand out that much like a blonde Gringo would in certain places. Again, like 3 million Gringos come here every year and the vast majority of them don't have any serious issue, but still, you will not be so hassled by street vendors if you look local and so on.

in Bogota there is the gold, national and Botero museums and all the historical centre; graffiti art in the streets; CiclovĂ­a on sundays, etc. There is the Zona T where all the high end restaurants and bars are but most foreigners say they feel like in some Unitedstatesian city there. There is also the Simon Bolivar park area (one of the hugest urban parks of the Americas) with the Virgilio Barco library (architect was Rogelio Salmona, very popular in the city) and the Bothanical Garden. I don't know why most tourists don't talk much about that area. As for nature and outdoors, you have the Chicaque park near the city, Guatavita lake (El Dorado legend came from there), Chingaza national park, subterranean Salt Cathedral, etc.

if you want to travel the country, as I said, the country is very big and varied geographically, ethnically, etc, many different kind of landscapes and attractions, I'd take months to know it all. you can make Bog-Leticia-Bog for like 60 USD. Leticia is a small town at the Amazon river in the triple border Colombia-Peru-Brazil. there's the river, Amacayacu national park, pink dolphins, capuchin monkey island, etc etc.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.