[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What shoes does /trv/ wear on walking intensive trips? >not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 31863-3-4x.jpg (321KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
31863-3-4x.jpg
321KB, 1920x1440px
What shoes does /trv/ wear on walking intensive trips?

>not hiking/camping trips
>>
Light hiking boots. They might look goofy and touristy but it's the best footwear for that purpose.

Sneakers let you move more freely but your feet will hurt much sooner than with hiking boots.
>>
>>1235099
bovver boots.
It's the only pair of shoes I have anyway. And if the situation allows/forces me to take them off I just go barefoot
>>
>>1235099
Sperrys
>>
yeezys or ozweegos
>>
>>1235099
Does it make sense to wear hiking boots for walking trips?

Are they just the best footwear all around? Or would they be to heavy and actually hurt your feet in the long run?
>>
File: file.png (383KB, 681x465px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
383KB, 681x465px
these are extremely comfy
>>
>>1235099
>What shoes does /trv/ wear on walking intensive trips?
Female here.
Weather is a consideration of course. If it's cooler weather, I'll wear very low heel or flat heel leather boots with a comfort insole like Spenco, or a leather athleisure kind of walking european sneakershoe, again with quality socks and insole. Great socks that have articulated zones of loop cusion or little cushion, like actual hiking or running socks are great. A touch of wool will keep feet warm and yet not damp at the same time. I like brands like Clarks, Teva, Vionic, Ugg, Dansko, Naturalizer, Ecco, Korkease, or any heritage brand of cowboy boot, inside and outside leather is a must, so pricepoint can be higher if you want them to last, and also not to cause any blisters.

When it's hot weather, I stick to some vionic wedges, korkease sandals, sometimes a dressier teva model. The issue with women's shoes is a non leather lining in cheap shoes in the past decade in shoes under $100. I might wear some crocs mary jane model to rest the feet between some wearings and to use in the hotel room, pool, and such, and for car rides crocs, clogs and other kick them off fast shoes lets you ride in socks and quickly get in and out of the car at some sights. I hate boots for car trips and long airplane rides.

If I'm going to do cobblestones, or light hiking, I look for a firm sole that hasn't have much give, so you don't fatigue your feet.

My favorite flipflops for end of day right now are Oofos. I always travel with 3 pairs of shoes, just to alternate things with squish and things without squish. You don't always want all your tendons flexing all day but more immobilized.
>>
>>1235130
They pull on your shins and can cause some knee pain and fatigue from the immobilized ankle...a high top boot is to prevent that ankle turning that goes on when you are walking on slippery rocky trails, a quick and sudden movie that can overextend. You actually do want your full range of motion ankle movement when walking however, aka dorsiflexion.
>>
>>1235219
What are these

>>1235237
Please post pic wearing only Uggs and sunglasses.
>>
>>1235255
Adidas NMD City Socks, they're getting restocked in like 2 weeks.
>>
I just wear sneakers or skate shoes or whatever I happen to have. More important is to take breaks. Is very easy to walk 16 hours straight, and not feel the pain til the next day.
>>
>wearing the foot binding jew.
>>
>>1235276
Skate shoes are an awful choice for anything other than skating, and maybe impressing your 7th grade friends.
>>
>>1235237
>literally every person in the thread takes a maximum of two lines to explain their choice in footwear
>Female here
>post longer than the rest of the whole thread taken together

You really know how to keep those stereotypes alive, girl
>>
>>1235290
At least it was informative, I'm not even going to give her shit for it because I was genuinely curious.

Personally I find travelling with shoes too bulky, I have some black closed to quasi-athletic looking sandals that I always wear when I'm traveling and bring nothing else. If I'm in a place I feel is too formal for that foot wear, I'll wear a nice shirt, pants, and then black socks so if nobody looks carefully they won't notice my shoes aren't really shoes.
>>
>>1235293
Of course, I never wanted to give her any shit for it. It's cool and all. But I still had a good kek at the realisation
>>
>>1235099
I've done a few trips in my sambas. Terrible decision, really uncomfortable. I'm sticking with ultra boost or pure boost from now on
>>
>>1235260
Nice m8.

I run stock adidas NMDs for everyday travel and walking. With a pair of low cut connies for things that require a bit more formal clubs etc.. Fit easily in the travel backpack.
>>
>>1235387
Agreed. I like the sambas, but are not suitable for long walks.
I use Adidas trekking sneakers.
>>
File: etnies-sneaker-blau-253012.jpg (131KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
etnies-sneaker-blau-253012.jpg
131KB, 1300x1300px
These have to be the comfiest shoes that I have ever worn. The feeling of getting home after work and slipping out of my work shoes into these is like a mini-orgasm each time. The best way I could describe it is it's like wearing yoga pants on your feet. Also done multiple city trips in these,with countless kilometers of walking and never had any issues
>>
>>1235099
I wear regular shoes with 3cm heels and leather sole and have onitsuka mexico66 in backpack
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.