[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Peaks of the Balkans - has anyone hiked there? I'm thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: peaksofthebalkans.jpg (372KB, 830x521px) Image search: [Google]
peaksofthebalkans.jpg
372KB, 830x521px
Peaks of the Balkans - has anyone hiked there? I'm thinking of going there this summer, maybe in august.

I've never done hiking in mountains besides when walking the camino
>>
OP that looks amazing where is it exactly? bumping for interest
>>
File: Peaksofbalakans.png (872KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Peaksofbalakans.png
872KB, 1366x768px
>>1234025
It's a mountain range in the border region of Albania, Montenegro and Kosovo. I've circled it in pic related
>>
>>1234106
Make sure you stay on the Montenegrin side
>>
>>1234107
You can get permissions to go everywhere, across borders and everything. I'll probably be going with a guide and a small group, it seems like it's kinda hard to it by yourself, especially with the language barrier.
>>
>>1234107
wait, to which of those countries do you actually need a visa? And if Kosovo is treated like Serbia here, you could simply enter via Serbia, right?
>>
What are the chances of stepping on a land mine here?
>>
>>1234260
Low, they are mostly in Bosnia
>>
Did no one on /trv go there?
>>
>>1236460
I don't think /trv/ is the right target audience for this type of real traveling. We are all about hot to get weed in Prague and finding the best ladyboys in Thailand.

You might have better chances with the folks from /out/.
>>
>>1236465
Well honestly I like that aspect as well lol, I think /trv/ is a nice mix of both, although lately the sex tourism stuff is getting a bit excessive.

I might try /out/ though
>>
>>1234262
My company was clearing mines north of skopje in Kosovo 15 years ago.
Would definitely not camp or walk outside of a trail anywhere in Kosovo.
>>
>>1234109
Kosovo is not Srbija mate.
>>
>>1236695
sure, I know. But there is some mess with the official borders and stuff
>>
Those mountains are actually wild, not some popular tourist spot. There are bears and wolves there. Also, that region has a chance of land mines (not really sure about that, because land mines were mostly places in lower regions, where military can actually pass)

If you go there, don't expect anyone to call to save your ass

t. Montenegrin
>>
>>1237439
Dude, I'm not going all by myself. I know that the peaks are not a big tourist spot, but since 2011 the countries have had an agreement so that you can walk between the countries and everything.

I'm considering going with these guys: http://zbulo.org/peaks-of-the-balkans/

I doubt land mines will be a problem as I'd rely on the guides and the locals I'd be staying with.
>>
last bump
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.