[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you eat on the road with no access to kitchen? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: foodlist-day4.jpg (89KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
foodlist-day4.jpg
89KB, 575x431px
What do you eat on the road with no access to kitchen?

I'm tired of bread, cheese, ham and fruit.
>>
Canned shit, dry sausages, nuts.
>>
>>1233196
pielmieni
>>
>>1233196
Fast food? Restaurants? Are you too retarded to feed yourself or are you a poorfag? Because steak is for taxpayers
>>
>>1233223
maybe he just doesn't want to be in one social group with someone as rude and stupid as you are
>>
>>1233223
If fast food and restaurants were an option I'd obviously not ask this question?

It seems like you're the one who's retarded.
>>
>>1233225
Your response makes no sense, what the fuck does social groups have to do with walking up to a takeaway counter?

Your response is indecipherable, if you can't speak English you shouldn't be posting here
>>
>>1233235
Why wouldn't they be an option?
>>
Depends how long I'm behind the wheel. I'm pretty strict about time and money spent on food when I'm alone.

>1-6 hours
Usually don't bother eating or bringing anything. Can get food upon arrival.

>6-12 hours
Will pack something light to eat. Might stop to eat somewhere if I really feel like it, or if I'm making really good time.

>12+ hours
Stop to get fast food or shit from a convenience store every 5 or 6 hours. I try not to sit around eating in restaurants if I can help it at this point.
>>
>>1233236
>>1233237
amerifat does not understand there are places without fastfoods, bars and even regular stores in this world
>>
>>1233237
Because I'm too poor
>>
>>1233280
So how are they stupid for suggesting restaurants?
Just eat whatever the locals eat or are you at such a weird place that there are no people at all?
>>
>>1233196
Jerky. It's kind of expensive, but with the high protein a bag lasts a minute. That is if you are the type to only eat when you are hungry. Especially the pounder bags. Powdered protein as well. But make sure you still top to rinse out your shaker bottle, because it will stink if you don't.
>>
>>1233196
Also noodles. Gas stations have microwaves.
>>
>>1233308
Then stay home, poorfag
>>
>>1233326

Not him, just dropping in to tell you to piss off back to your containment board.

Fucking sick of the autistic spillover from the rest of this site polluting /trv/.
>>
>>1233330
What's worse is they just pop in to a thread to contribute nothing. Just be rude/mean. And the posts stand out because it's so not the baord culture.

Not to say everyone is angels, and kum by yah, but even when people are being mean are snarky their posts still usually have some type of information or substance.
>>
>>1233196
Find a corner store that sells takeout salads/sushi?

idk, either stop somewhere and eat some kind of bought meal (either in a restaurant or takeout) or suck it up and buy salad or bread. Downside of long journeys is that you're diet becomes somewhat restricted.
>>
>>1233338
well said
>>
>>1233338
You're a faggot. Kys
>>
>>1233311
>no people
>weird place

this is called nature, anon
>>
>>1233455
Nah they're right, fuck off to whatever shit, no-culture board you're from.
>>
>>1233461
>endless threads by virgins asking how much it costs to fuck ladyboys in Bangkok

Yes retard, /trv/ is the height of culture. Sorry we're not all intellectual heavyweights like yourself. Do both of your parents have down syndrome by any chance?
>>
>>1233472
so stop creating those threads and problem will be solved
>>
>>1233472
Those aren't the regulars, though. Most have never traveled. That is part of the invaders
>>
>>1233196
When I went to Romania last year I lost all my shit so I was on a budget. I cooked a big meal every three days and just kept it in tuppawear containers and ate it as I travelled.
Rice + meat +tomato sauce +spices +as much vegetables as I can cram.

Gotta get that fibre and starch to ensure good shits.
>>
File: 61d4KuBuJ7L._SL1200_.jpg (94KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61d4KuBuJ7L._SL1200_.jpg
94KB, 1200x1200px
>>1233196
I got a $6 lightweight backpacking stove off Ebay and a small canteen set so I can always get hot food when I predictably end up in the arse end of nowhere. Even driving round my home country I'll keep it in the car for the same reason.
>>
>>1233580
I can never understand why people can't simply cook using bonfires. It's easy, doesn't force you to carry the additional weight and the meal tastes better. Or maybe you cook on this while in the city?
>>
>>1233580
But then you have to carry pots and utensils and things to do the washing up with
>>
>>1233585

What the fuck, are you going to make a bonfire in the middle of a city, are you going to make on in your hotel room. This thread isnt about an /out/ situation in the wilderness.
>>
>>1233654
so you can afford a hotel, but not eating at some bar? And hostels normally have a kitchen inside.
And actually OP asks about a situation on the road, so yes, it feels more like /out/ than a hotel
>>
You can make pasta and sauce on a hot plate if you have access to clean water
>>
>>1233680

Even if your driving on a roadtrip the idea of stopping andmaking a bonfire to cook is extremely silly. Making a fire to cook when your doing anything but wilderness backpacking is not only probably illegal its a waste of time.
>>
Shitty food while on the road takes away some of the pleasure of hiking and generally just activities where you have to bring disgusting and boring shit with you
>>
depends entirely on what's available, doesn't it?
>>
>>1233196
Get more variety of canned foods
Pick up some Branston pickle
Learn to make some more novel soups and stews
>>
Nuts and beef jerky in addition to the things already named in the OP.

Also go out to eat at least once a day
>>
>>1233311
It's called nature.
>>
if >>1233637 is your main holdup from getting a cheap cooking setup (probably easier than you expect: 1 stove, 1 pot, 1 spork/knife, a bin to wash and a towel), and you're truly resigned to living off prepared foods (which, honestly, I too would probably get sick of after a couple weeks), perhaps you haven't tried:
surimi (imitation crab) - easy way to consume fish on the go. lasts up to a day or 2 even without an icebox
hummus/chips (good protein source, also lasts awhile)
raw vegetables & fruit (if your pic is representative of your entire diet, you should really add some produce for long-term health) cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots are cheap.
cheese is expensive calorie-wise, but good for all-around nutrition
hard-boiled eggs are another good protein source
flavor packs for your water can be healthier (and cheaper) than soda.
Depending on your grocery access, I'd say try different things they have in the prepared sections. personally when I'm traveling short distances I like the prepared croissant sandwiches from Safeway.

hopefully there's at least one or two ideas there you can latch onto.
>>
>>1233338

You're a good egg anon, keep fighting the good fight.
>>
>>1233585
Access to fuel for a fire isn't always assured, local laws may prevent it, and there's a great deal of convenience in electric ignition and flame control. That being said, if I'm in a good spot for an open fire I'll enjoy using one. I also have a similarly sized lamp fitting I can swap for the stove and use the same fuel source. It's useful to carry a small adapter in case the only gas canisters you can find are of the blowtorch type.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.