[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you do if you found $150,000 in cash? Don't say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

What would you do if you found $150,000 in cash?
Don't say turn into authorities and assume no one is looking for it.
>>
File: 1463985062716.jpg (62KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
1463985062716.jpg
62KB, 428x410px
>>1233059
Okay I'll entertain your question in terms of /trv/.

>Get Thai/Philippines retirement visa
>Budget $10K, take 1 or 2 months off, get a good bike and travel SEA
>Do something useful with the rest of the money investment, education, etc
>>
>>1233062
This sound good.
However retirement visa requires ongoing proof of income of 85'000 baht per month. So that's out.
>>
Pay off my student loans ($23,000) and personal debt ($7,000). Budget between $10,000 and $15,000 for the rest of my education, leaving me with about $110,000 left.

I'd probably get a Suzuki V-Strom 650 for $7,500, take a handful of short trips to South and Southeast Asia, and be down to $90,000

I don't know what I'd do otherwise. $150,000 isn't a lot of money, in the grand scheme of things. I'd probably try to find a way to invest or save at least half of it.
>>
Not that much... But one of my friends found a bag with like 3k and nothing else once. The nearby police station stored it for a long time. Later my friend went to the Caribbean for a few weeks on that money.
>>
>>1233059
Buy a flat in a tier 2 EU city, rent it out, study and travel.
>>
File: 1484324873417.gif (995KB, 257x194px) Image search: [Google]
1484324873417.gif
995KB, 257x194px
>>1233076
This anon has his money right. Sound advice.
>>
>>1233076
similar, but I'd buy a restaurant in a touristic place like Croatia
>>
Let's keep these fantasies realistic, lads.

How are you going to deal with the fact that it's 150k in *cash* though? Can you actually make a major purchase with that, like a car or an apartment, without attracting major suspicion?

I can't imagine you could just rock up to your local bank and deposit it, either.

I would keep it in a safe and use it to supplement my income for the next decade or so.
>>
>>1233144
Buy bitcoins, go to what ever shit country you want to buy apartment or car in like that Eu advice and cash out bitcoins into a new bank account you create while there. Buy said apartment.
>>
>>1233059
Slowly deposit it into a mutual or hedge fund at a rate of about 20k a year, by the end and assuming a conservative rate of growth if about 7% I would have a pretty generous retirement fund

Alternatively I could pull about 5.5k yearly and have a nice little vacation, while still increasing the fund, eventually, thanks to the magic of compound interest I would have enough to go on bigger and better vacations

Now if I manage to put that money somewhere more aggressive that gets me something like a 15% growth I would definitely go for option B, taking $10k vacations yearly and putting the rest back in for profit
>>
>>1233144
I think people would prefer you to use cash over bank transfer when buying used cars. Real estate is another story, although a for sale by owner transaction would bring up less questions.

But anyway, just deposit small amounts at a time. 8k this month, 7k next month, 9k after that, etc. If anyone asks you about it just say you do under the table yard work for old ladies or you flip items on craigslist. Just think of something clever.

Anyway, I would either buy some real estate and rent it out or invest it all for a return of about $500 a month and use that to travel on. Or just use it to go to college with so I can get a decent job and not bum it out.
>>
>>1233059
buy apartment or house in city with a huge university population

move to south america and never lift a finger in my life again
>>
File: friendo.jpg (55KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
friendo.jpg
55KB, 594x396px
>>1233059
Tour the US/Mexico border for a few weeks by bus, taxi, and hitchhiking while being relentlessly pursued by Javier Bardem.
>>
I'd probably use it to pay for the rest of my degree, pay off previous student loans, and otherwise invest it into some slightly risky, slightly higher paying places. Maybe take some to go travel SEA for a month or two.
>>
In my country, Russia, it is very easy to buy real estate with cash. For $150000 you can buy a two-bedroom apartment in a relatively remote district of Moscow with decent transportation. You can rent it out for approximately $600-700 per month. 99% of apartments in Russia are rented informally for cash with no taxes paid.
>>
>>1233221
but this would mean it'd take 25 years to actually earn anything from that cash. It's apoor deal.
>>
>>1233230
good real estate tends to appreciate bro. you can always sell out.
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
E Z
>>
>>1233230
Not him, but good real estate grants larger and larger returns as time goes on. As the cost of living goes up in these places you can raise the price you charge, and with an informal system of renting like Russia, there's no crime in raising the rent if they didn't sign for an agreed upon rate to begin with. Even if they did, when their lease is up you can create a new one with a higher price anyways.
>>
>>1233059
Enjoy getting shot by mexican drug cartel
>>
>>1233064
With $150,000 you could bribe people
>>
I would just use it to travel and have adventures. I would probably stay in a little bit nicer places than I currently do, but not go crazy.

I think I could easily make it last 10 years along with my normal travel budget and have a hell of a great time.

I would go some of the places, like Europe and Japan that are typically more expensive. I have been concentrating on places the USD goes far.
>>
>>1233352
How would you travel the world with that kind of cash.

I mean physically. Put it in a bank, travelers checks? What?
>>
>>1233064
Not true. It's either or. You can have tje equivalent of about $25K USD in a Thai bank and still get the visa without the monthly requirement, but are you old enough for one? If not you can buy a condo and I think that comes with a visa
>>
File: 1488769845610.jpg (135KB, 736x550px) Image search: [Google]
1488769845610.jpg
135KB, 736x550px
>>1233363
I just turned 30
>>
I'd probably take motorcycle lessons, then buy a bike in the UK and tour around all of Europe for a long time.

Invest some of it, obviously - buying a small apartment in some European city would be a good source of income.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.