[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm travelling from Canada to New Zealand with a short

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: AustralianFlag.jpg (180KB, 2254x1861px) Image search: [Google]
AustralianFlag.jpg
180KB, 2254x1861px
I'm travelling from Canada to New Zealand with a short layover in Australia. Do I need an Australian transit visa in order to do this? The website is super unclear. (https://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/do-i-need-a-visa-to-transit-through-australia)

Looking for someone who has done the same thing
>>
Yes you do. Since you are from Canada you should be exempt from a long form visa (the non automatic one ) also what part of Australia I live on the gold coast
>>
>>1232740
But am I not part of the list of exempted countries?

>"The following categories of travellers are eligible to transit through Australia without applying for a visa:"
>>
>>1232745
I just reread it and Canada is definitely on the list of visa exempt countries. I'm not trying to be mean but do you know what exempt means?
You still need to submit your passport number on the traveler's site for Australia's e-visa equivalent
>>
>>1232748
exempt means that I don't have to get it.

But you said "Yes you do". That's what is confusing me
>>
OK the reason I said yes is because there is a difference between a "visa" and what you need. What you need sounds like visa but isn't. Just look up Australian e visa
>>
>>1232759
Ahh I see

For the record I ended up calling the Australian Department of Border Security just to be safe. They said I didn't need anything if I'm staying for under 8 hours. Only if I was picking up and rechecking my bags at the airport. If I'm only switching planes all I need is my passport
>>
>>1232761
Well that's good. For what it's worth Australians are dicks anyway. I only moved here for the money. New Zealanders are much nicer
>>
>>1232762
>For what it's worth Australians are dicks anyway.

24 million person generalisation. I'm sure your cuck Prime Minister would't approve of that :^)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.