[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whenever I've gone into bars in a foreign country no one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

File: The-Ouled-Nail-exotic-dancers-7.jpg (111KB, 500x468px) Image search: [Google]
The-Ouled-Nail-exotic-dancers-7.jpg
111KB, 500x468px
Whenever I've gone into bars in a foreign country no one ever talks to me so I just sit there drinking awkwardly.

How do you find bars where people will talk to foreigners?

Girl btw if that makes a difference, but not an attractive one (overweight and ugly) so I don't get sexual attention (which isn't what I want anyway, I'm looking to make friends when I'm travelling)
>>
>>1231927
How do you normally drink at bars, do that in their language
>>
>>1231927
Stay at hostels or go on tours.

>I don't get sexual attention (which isn't what I want anyway,

That is the only reason men talk to women in bars, and women don't talk to other women, outside their group, in bars.
>>
Have you tried approaching people yourself? Or in what way won't they talk to you? Language issue could be one thing. Sometimes maybe they don't feel like bothering if there's no way of talking to eachother
>>
>>1231927
Why do you expect people to just talk to you?
>>
>which isn't what I want anyway

Do you also go to the super market to just not buy anything? Or go to the doctor's office without being sick?
>>
>>1231927
>Girl btw if that makes a difference, but not an attractive one (overweight and ugly) so I don't get sexual attention (which isn't what I want anyway, I'm looking to make friends when I'm travelling)

Lol why mention this even
>>
This thread is relevant to my interests

I have gone out drinking alone in Switzerland and no one said shit to me. I guess it's to be expected though.

I'm not a very social person in these types of situations. I am good at chatting with people if its about a subject I like, but I am terrible at forcing a conversation about the weather with a stranger at a bar.

I've been thinking of going up to old people and offering to buy them a drink if they tell me a cool life story.

See if there are any pub crawl tours in the city you're in and try doing one of those. You pretty much just go drinking with a bunch of strangers.
>>
>>1231978
Switzerland is being swarmed by foreigners and expats. You must have an exceptional personality if you expect locals to associate with someone that they will never see again a few days later.
>>
>>1231930
In my own country if I'm going into a bar I'm with friends

>>1231934
I've stayed at hostels, haven't gone on tours though

But don't people make friends in bars too?

>>1231935
So if bars aren't going to work how do you make friends when you're travelling

>>1231938
You're right, but I don't know how to approach people either

I've tried a couple of times if I hear people speak english but they usually find my approach a hindrance and get back to talking to their friends as soon as they can

>>1231970
Because people always assume you're a guy on these boards, so you have to clarify it in the first post

>>1231978

>I've been thinking of going up to old people and offering to buy them a drink if they tell me a cool life story.

Has that worked?
>>
>>1231981
>In my own country if I'm going into a bar I'm with friends

You met all your friends in bars?
>>
>>1231981
>In my own country if I'm going into a bar I'm with friends
Are you one of those stupid fuckers who ONLY speaks with friends and no one else?

>But don't people make friends in bars too?
TALK TO PEOPLE AND APPROACH THEM, this is like interacting with humans 101

>You're right, but I don't know how to approach people either
How did you make """"friends"""" then

>Because people always assume you're a guy on these boards, so you have to clarify it in the first post

LOL no it isn't, 4chan is evenly split
Literally just TALK to people, language barrier is one thing but this is something you can avoid easy because you are probably planning your travel and should learn some of the language first. I sat down with a bunch of french people and drank and realized they didn't know much english but still had a good time
>>
>>1231981
>Because people always assume you're a guy on these boards, so you have to clarify it in the first post

Oh, you're one of THOSE people... I can understand why people don't talk to you
>>
>>1231984
No, I mean most of the time I've been to bars I've either gone with friends or I've gone by myself and sit there with no one wanting to talk to me

>TALK TO PEOPLE AND APPROACH THEM, this is like interacting with humans 101

I DID, it didn't work, they seemed in a hurry to get back to not talking to me

>LOL no it isn't, 4chan is evenly split
Hasn't been my experience, whenever I haven't mentioned it people reply assuming I'm a guy, but whatever
>>
>>1231927
Lose weight and go full extroverted strong tomboy.
Just throw yourself on other people and tell them they are wimps and you want an arm wrestling match with the toughest guys.
I would like you.
>>
>>1231981
>But don't people make friends in bars too?

As a man, I have never made a female friend in a bar that wasn't an attempt to fuck, unless introduced by another female friend. I have made guy friends.
>>
>>1232001
Yeah but I'm not a tomboy at all.
>>
>>1232002
OK so I guess my problem is I'm not a guy so no one wants to just make friends with me, and I'm not attractive enough to fuck, so I'm just ignored as I'm no good for anything

I get it now.
>>
>>1231927
A pub crawl may work, but that classifies as a tour activity
>>
I constantly remind myself "I'll never see these people again so it literally doesn't matter what they think of me"

Fuck em, just be your weird self around these cocksuckers. If they like your personality then they will keep talking to you.

Pretend like you're already friends with everyone in there. You have nothing to lose.
>>
>>1232005
only because you are trying to make a friend at a bar. People don't go to bars to make friends. They go their with friends. Try a pub crawl.
>>
>>1232003
>>1232005
I cant believe you are as ugly as you make it out to be.
Have some pics? It would really help to give you advice.
>>
>>1231994
It was definitely relevant to her question. The whole answer was in her identifying as an overweight ugly female trying to make friends in a bar.
>>
>>1232012
Are you telling me an overweight unattractive person has trouble making friends?

wtf muh patriarchy
>>
Go on hostel pub crawls or events.

Honestly losing weight would solve most of your problems though. Then people would come up and talk to you in bars, guys would try to invite you out with them from hostels, you could meet people on Tinder.

Or travel in the US/UK, you can still do pretty well as an overweight girl there.
>>
>>1231927
OP, I don't know what to say, but maybe something will assist you. Try going to cafes, where people are kind of killing time, reading the paper, having some coffees, and where locals might spot you as a tourist and make some suggestions. I sometimes get company from a bored local. Spot the college kid, or the person who looks unemployed, or the bored stay at home mom? Hire someone too. That concierge might help you with a car and driver far more economical way than a package tour or hop on hop off bus kind of plan (which might also be a place to make friends). Take group tours like bar crawl or foodie tours, ghost tours even, where you are thrown together with others on the tour, and also given something to chat about.
Dress the part. It's okay to be overweight and ugly, but you have to look groomed when you travel if you want to hang with locals of a certain class that doesn't fear strangers. Look as classy as educated people dress in town. Get a really pretty scarf, something expensive or branded looking (silk is all seasons) and it dresses up ordinary and comfortable clothes. Swap out the walking shoes for something feminine or glossy comfy (even fitflops have glitter) for evenings out, spritz your hair or run a straightener through it, and clip part of it up, or add some dangle earrings or just the LBD. Have something that creates conversations like an unusual pocketbook or piece of jewelry. Cigarettes still work in the non western world as gifts of courtesies. Try going to bars that have actual nightlife happening later, where it becomes about dancing or live music, not just being there already with your friends. You'll find people there without friends at music venues.
Use meetuporg to find something to do that fits your tastes. Boat people are crazy social, where are they hanging out? Near the marina? Go to those bars.
>>
>>1232015
This is weird but I HATE the way my tits look when I lose weight (even if I do it slowly and weight train at the same time) they end up looking so deflated and old lady/wrinkly that I hate my body even more

So I just stay like this because at least I don't feel disgusting like I do when I'm thin
>>
>being overweight is a problem

It's not, stop this now.
>>
>>1232019
Literally the only rule a girl has to follow in order to get approached and noticed is: Don't be fat.

And OP manages to break it and you seem to be in denial as well.
>>
Speak the local language and talk to the locals about what they love about their city. I hung out in some bar smoking room in Paris getting stupidly intoxicated on Manhattans and had a great time with some random dudes. Woke up the next morning and found a ton of local suggestions on my phone notes. I am overweight too by the way but it seems like it's a self esteem thing for you which will obviously make your experience worse. Dress well, not like a tourist in dirty running shoes and blue jeans. Be a person you would want to talk to.
>>
>>1232018
>that I hate my body even more
I guarantee you that you do not hate the way you look when you are not fat, lmfao. What kind of bullshit bitch ass excuse is that? Just admit you're too weak to lose weight. I lost like 150lbs and look normal and even if you don't LOOK better (and I guaran-fucking-tee anyone would) you will feel 1000x more confident.
>>
>>1232030
Like I said, I already lost weight and hated my body even more because my tits were disgusting and deflated I cried every night

It's very straightforward to lose weight but I just go into a depression when I look like that
>>
>>1232034
Okay, so what you need is therapy, not tourism.
>>
>>1232026
What bar exactly in Paris and how did you first approach/start talking to these people?
>>
>>1232014
No, only an overweight unattractive woman, especially in a bar. A fat guy can still get buy on the funny card.
>>
dress slutty op. Fat chicks can still be pretty hot if they dress slutty.
>>
>>1232018
>So I just stay like this because at least I don't feel disgusting like I do when I'm thin

Well, whatever makes you happy. But I guarantee you look better and would have an easier time making friends and really doing everything if you were thin.

I've been with girls like that with pancake tits from weight loss, yeah it's not the best but it's not a big deal. On the other hand, I won't even talk to a chubby girl on Tinder even if it'll be super easy to fuck her, I really have no interest.
>>
>>1232042
>yeah it's not the best but it's not a big deal.

Imagine if you were a girl and your tits were pancake tits from weight loss.

Would you think it's not big deal? The most feminine, sexual part of your body is disgusting and it's no big deal?
>>
>>1232036
L'Orphée near Pigalle. There's no signage to indicate it's a bar. Pic related is the entrance and it's just the front door of some apartments. Some days there'll be a couple black guys hanging out drinking beers and unless you know they're bouncers you wouldn't give it another thought. If you get through the front door the bar entrance is down the hall to the left.

You've gotta know the name of the bar too to get in or you're not going inside. I don't know if you can get in with English because I didn't try, I spoke in French with the bouncers and get the impression I barely got in as I'm pretty sure he could smell the tourist on me, or maybe it was the weed. Make sure you dress well.

I believe Tuesday-Thursday it's a karaoke bar (and the people who come to sign karaoke here are fucking incredible - I was in awe) and Friday-Sunday it's a club type environment. Closed Monday. This place was like heaven for me and I spent a -considerable- amount of money here. I went once on a karaoke night and once on a club night. If you're a fan of live music (as I am), I recommend the karaoke nights. Actually, I didn't even realize it was a karaoke bar until the next day, because everyone who performed sounded like professionals.

I don't remember how I approached these people or started talking to them but idk... the regular way? Alcohol helps here. Both times I drank some wine and smoked a bowl or two before heading out so I was primed when I got there.

I promise you there are only locals in here. I kinda didn't even want to give it away but there you go.
>>
File: tZYNPAL.png (92KB, 155x232px) Image search: [Google]
tZYNPAL.png
92KB, 155x232px
>>1232045
forgot pic
>>
>>1232044
Much better to have just the tits be slightly unattractive than the entire body be repulsive.
>>
>>1232048
This. I'd prefer mediocre tits on a girl I'm screwing over rolls on rolls on rolls.
>>
>>1232044
By the time a guy gets you naked he will still be fucking anyway.
>>
>>1232038
>get buy
get by
>>
>>1231927
The coolest fellow backpackers I've ever met abroad have been ugly, overweight girls. I'm insecure around the attractive ones so I'd probably gravitate toward you in a bar or hostel.
Shame if it works differently with locals.

If you're interested in Berber culture we'd have a lot to talk about. I hope I meet you on the road.
>>
>>1232074
>If you're interested in Berber culture we'd have a lot to talk about

Oh really? I do have a lot of interest in berber culture. Are you berber yourself or travelled in that region a lot?
>>
>>1231927
Golden Gai bar area in Tokyo Japan is awesome for that they will talk to you there
>>
>>1232085
I go to North Africa every year, and I've spent the last year learning Tachelhit.
I really want to go to Kabylie, but I don't want to gamble on the expensive tourist visa application the way things are right now.

I get invited into peoples' homes pretty much every day; does that happen to you as a girl?
>>
>>1232085
>unattractive
>overweight
>interested in shitskins

really gets my brainmass going
>>
>>1232279
>I get invited into peoples' homes pretty much every day; does that happen to you as a girl?

No I don't. I'm kabyle myself but haven't been to north africa in many years
>>
>>1231927
>fat, ugly monster wonders why people won't talk to her

Lol just kys
>>
Honestly, don't overthink it. If you are not ugly and dressed well, then people won't really give a shit. I'm a bit of a sperg who does exactly that (overthinking that is) but every time people approached me they said the lamest shit imaginable. There was this guy at Fabric who asked me if I liked the music while I danced (no shit sherlock), and another who asked if it is just him, or the queue isn't moving at all. Comment on the situation and see how it goes. If they seem reluctant to answer, just shrug it off and move to a different group of people.
>>
>>1232042
Lose the weight, get implants, profit.
>>
>>1232045

Wow. I was in Paris for the first and last time of my life last year, and I stayed right by this. Wish I would have been in the know back then. I love these types of gems.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.