[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to NY second time. New York, am I missing something? Empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: SAM_1977.jpg (8MB, 5472x3080px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1977.jpg
8MB, 5472x3080px
Going to NY second time.
New York, am I missing something?

Empire States
St Patrick Cathedral
Rockefeller
Central Park
Times Square
Brooklyn Bridge (and park)
Wall Street and Battery Park
UN Building
4th July Fireworks

Already been and don't intend to visit again:

One World Building
Grand Central
9/11 Memorial
>>
>New York, am I missing something?

Everything outside of the tourist sites, yes.
>>
>>1231338
could you elaborate?
>>
>>1231338
Yes, i advice going a bit uptown. Visit the places you usually don't visit. New York City is a country on it's own. Maybe check out Harlem or the Bronx even. I found myself strolling around the city and I didn't get bored. Have fun.
>>
How about Coney Island? Is it worth it?

And what about Brooklyn?
>>
>>1231304
those stupid buildings will stand there in 50 years as well, if instagram is important for you, take a picture of yourself in front of one of them, otherwise just forget them

instead, get drunk, go out dancing, talk to people, be spontaneous while you're still young and beautiful
>>
>>1232237
is it safe in Harlem?
>>
>>1232650
Pretty much. Stay away from the projects. Go to 116 Street which is Little Africa. Restaurants and shops. See it before the gentrification monster gets it all.
>>
>>1232383
Coney Island is part of Brooklyn

And Coney Island is pretty cool, I would recommend spending an afternoon there
>>
>>1232459
OP isnt a slut on holiday.

Plus American alcohol sucks.
>>
>>1233805
>American alcohol sucks

lol no. Tons of good craft beer is produced in the US.
>>
>>1232790

I live on 118th b/w 3rd and Lex, and 116th isn't very african on the east side...It's mostly Dominican. Also it's pretty safe around here (East Harlem, which is the least safe part of Manhattan, but that isn't saying much) as long as you aren't a moron, avoid the projects, etc.

I don't really go to bars or clubs so idk about those. I just like to walk around and admire views, things like that.

Anyway for OP, some random things I think might be worth doing that are a little (not a lot) off the beaten path:

1: Take the 1 train to the last stop in Manhattan (215th I think?) and walk in Inwood Hill park which has the last remaining natural, non-planned forest in Manhattan. While you're there walk across the Henry Hudson bridge for a killer view.

2: This isn't really obscure or anything but a lot of tourists don't leave manhattan so I'll put it here: Go to the Belmont/Bronx Zoo area for the largest remaning little italy feel. Excellent food and pastries etc.

3: It may be a bit out of your way, but Liebmann's deli in the bronx is one of the few remaining old fashioned kosher/jewish styled delis and I like it a lot even though I don't care about eating kosher.

4: Again, not obscure, but since people don't leave manhattan: try Coney Island, even though it's pretty overpriced these days. Not too much for one visit, though.

5: It's not open all year so check in advance, but take the ferry to governor's island for more killer views and a cool place to walk around.
>>
>>1234037
West 116 Street.
>>
>>1233477
get off at brighton beach and walk down to coney island. i got such a kick out of brighton beach when i went a few years back. chill as hell, russian shit everywhere.
>>
>>1234037
Max?
>>
>>1231304
Do some urban exploring

Take the ferry to staten island, and go to the abandoned Seaview hospital. There is also an abandoned colony near by.

Its a cool urban exploring experience, its a tiny bit illegal though
>>
The Metropolitan / Whitney / MoMA / any other art museum that you may enjoy.
>>
Nintendo World... and laser tag near Times Square. Also Museum of Natural History.
>>
>>1231304
NYC resident of 6 years here. Instead of visiting these tourist-ladden shithole sites, you should visit some of these:

Flushing meadows park (former World's fair grounds)
Jackson Heights
Chinatown
Koreatown
Bronx botanical garden
Roosevelt Island via tram
the Highline
East village/Ukrainian village
Brighton beach/coney island/Russian part of Brooklyn
Chelsea piers
SoHo

NYC has a lot of really cool places and touristfags almost always miss them...places like Times Square isn't what New York is about at all
>>
>>1234689

shhh
>>
>>1236341
>Brighton beach
theres literally nothing in brighton beach
t. brighton beach resident for 24 years
you mention the new york botanical garden but not the brooklyn botanic garden? its a nice place especially now with the cherry blossoms in bloom/about to bloom plus they have the festival for that at the end of the month
>>
>>1236364
haven't been to that one desu, that's why
perhaps i'll check it out now
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.