[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm traveling to Australia from the US alone and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I'm traveling to Australia from the US alone and I'm curious, what do you do with your valuables when you can't take them with you?

Where do I leave my camera, laptop, phone, etc. when I'm surfing for example?
>>
why are you taking your laptop to the beach
>>
>>1230594

Most decent hotels have a safe in each room. It's not exactly a super-secure safe, but will prevent casual criminals from access. I just use that and don't worry too much about it. Otherwise if you are renting a car, I'd just put it in the trunk or somewhat hidden in the passenger compartment and lock it up.

If you insist on taking it to the beach, I'd at least hook up with some similar-minded people and rotate who stays on the beach to mind the stuff while the others surf or swim...
>>
>>1230594
If doing hotels, just leave it in the room or use the safe. Most beaches have lockers for stuff with a timer, just google it.
>>
>>1230594
If I go to a beach in Australia won't I immediately get cancer? Thoght that the ozone layer over that part of the world was destroyed or something

Pom time
>>
>>1230594
>Hotel
Leave it in the safe.

>Hostel
Leave it in the safe

>Hotel or Hostel or whatever without a safe
Bring along a Pacsafe Portable Safe, put it in there and attach it to the nearest thing that's hard or noisy to break.
>>
>>1230594
Hostel safes can be broken by anyone who knows just basic lockpicking, and a person away from home that has run out of money will be desperate enough to open them. The chances of that happening though are pretty slim, I never heard of someone having their locker broken into. If there are no safes leave your shit at the reception.
>>
>>1231486
There are always plenty of valuables left out in the open in hostels, no need for a thief to risk breaking into something.

But yeah, 99% of locks that people use can be broken in a split-second with bolt cutters anyway.
>>
>>1230594

Where are you staying OP? As an Ausfag I wince at the prices hotels charge here, hence most of us travel to the South Pacific or SE Asia for holidays as money goes a lot further there. Expect to pay $120+ per night for a very basic 3 star room, in Sydney expect double that. If hostels aren't your thing (they sure as fuck aren't mine), getting a room at an AirBnB might be an intermediate option, $40-80 per night depending on size & location. Again, Sydney is more expensive.

Get a Telstra SIM card when you arrive, best 4G network plus you can use the national broadband hotspot network for free. Uber is much cheaper than taxis, unless it's Sydney (too many fucking people live there). Alcohol is expensive regardless of where you go, even from liqour shops, and tobacco products are more valuable than precious metals - a pack of 20 smokes is USD$15-18, no lie.

Don't trust arabs/lebanese, abos (black natives) or africans. Whites tend to look out for each other unless drunk & punching the shit out of each other...not common but it happens a lot around pubs.

Have a nice trip!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.