[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/trv/ I'm going to Dublin on Easter weekend. What should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Dublin (6).jpg (234KB, 1183x773px) Image search: [Google]
Dublin (6).jpg
234KB, 1183x773px
/trv/ I'm going to Dublin on Easter weekend. What should I actually see and do there and what should I avoid?

Any tips on how to deal with anxiety while abroad? I'll be going with my girlfriend and I'm not the best company if I'm just freaking out all the time.
>>
>>1230556
Anxiety for what? It's a fucking vacation, it's not rocket science, go grab a pint of Guinness and get drunk with some locals, walk around

and if you anxiety is that fuckin bad to where you can't enjoy a fucking vacation, smoke and drink until you do
>>
>>1230563
Xanax and Guinness is my plan, but fuck you just reach a point where you are scared to be anxious and the vicious circle repeats itself.
>>
>>1230575
I get ya mate, it happens.
Just realise that youll never see most of the people around you ever again.
My advice would be to avoid temple street for anything more than a pint for the sake of saying youve been there
I can give more suggestions if you want, what are ya into and is it just the weekend youre here for
>>
Just a heads-up, every pub in Dublin will be closed on Good Friday.

So much for Irish and alcoholism.
>>
>>1230587
We'll arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday. We're into history and literature so most of our plans are to visit some of the standard tourist attractions like trinity college and such, but also tour some bookshops.

What I'd like to do is get a better feeling for how it feels like when you actually live there. What kind of things do you do if you're a bored dubliner on the weekend?

We're also slight weebs, I don't know if there are any activities related to that in Dublin.

What's wrong with temple Street? Just the usual tourist traps and price gouging or something else?

>>1230645
Yeah, I was aware of that and it kind of sucks, leaves me without any plans for the night.
>>
>>1230762
>What kind of things do you do if you're a bored dubliner on the weekend?
Drink and do drugs
>What's wrong with temple Street?
Its a tourist trap, mad expensive for a pint
>>1230645
>So much for Irish and alcoholism.
You forgot the 3rd part, its irish, alcoholism and christianity
>>
It will be busy. Bring or buy an umbrella.

There's a tourist card you can get for a day for 40e. See Guinness Storehouse, IMMA, Kilmainham Gaol, Christchurch and St. Patrick's Cathedral. ViKing Museum is also worth seeing. Jameson distillery is closed at the moment, but check if it's open for easter. Don't drink in tourist bars.

Pepole are friendly, and the route I have planned for you has enough drinking that you won't feel anxious. While Guinness is famous, teelings distillery and Jameson distillery are better tasting. Don't leave with trying several Irish Pale Ales, much maltier and less hoppy than hipster IPAs.
>>
>>1231070
Are Guinness and Jameson worth it? I had written them off for being paid and I am not sure how fun they could be.
>>
Shameful self bump
>>
Here's a few good pubs on the South side I've found over the course of two visits:

The Brazen Head
Porterhouse Temple Bar (on Temple Bar but not full of Stag Do's)
The Palace Bar
The Stag's Head
The Dawson Lounge
Grogan's
The Long Hall

Someone from Dublin will probably rip this list to pieces but I think these places are decent for a few pints.
>>
>>1231679
What's the etiquette at pubs? Should I just start talking with random people? Should I expect randoms to come and talk to me?
>>
>>1232332
Judge by the atmosphere, some people will be more open to talking to strangers than others, judge it place to place
Drink is the major factor in this, both for you and them.
honestly i wouldnt limit yourselves to dublin, even if you took a day trip to the west coast
>>
>>1232332
I agree with >>1232414 just take it steady and drink with your gf, maybe some old, friendly Irishman will have a chat with you both.

I wouldn't class myself as the most sociable person but a lot of Irish pubs have a really welcoming atmosphere that certainly helps.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.