[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw can't travel abroad because passport application

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: sticker,375x360.u1.png (125KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
sticker,375x360.u1.png
125KB, 375x360px
>tfw can't travel abroad because passport application requires knowing at least two people in a professional occupation

Does your country punish you for not having any friends?
>>
>>1230441
What? Do you need witnesses to sign your application or what? Why is it necessary?
>>
>application for international driving permit
>photocopy of national driving license, from both sides, signed by two witnesses
What kind of bullshit is this, the driving license is verified in the process anyway. Also nearest office is so far I can't just go there whenever and hope they'll sign it there

I guess I'll never drive outside the EU then
>>
>>1230441
get ur doctor to sign it m8
>>
>>1230441
Kek We dont need this in Canada I just had my best friend signing when he was drunk and my other friend's gf too.

The bullshit was showing two IDs other than passport/birth certificate. I have a driver license but my "carte d'assurance maladie" or whatever its called in English has paint all over it. Meh they still accepted it but what about people who dont have a driver license?
>>
>>1230441
Can't /trv/ step up and help OP out? Surely there are two professionals in the UK on this board? I'd help you out but I'm in a different continent.
>>
UK anon here to save the day
The stupid occupations list is fake and gay. The official line is that the list is not exhaustive, but in fact the list is pretty much forgotten. The point is that the two people just have to know you and not be criminals/family members/someone you are in a relationship with. That's it, forget the list
>>
>be me
>26 years old
>go to get 1st passport
>because it's first i have to get both biological parents' signatures, even though adult
>dad died 8 years ago
>tfw will never be able to leave home country
>>
>>1230455
Countersignatures needed for a new passport application. At least two I think. Has to be a professional occupation like a doctor or teacher.

>>1230464
When I go to the doctor (rarely) it is always a different one. They wouldn't do it anyway as they say they are very busy.

>>1230487
The person has to know me for at least two years to do so. They must prove this I think.

>>1230494
This sucks too. I think you even need parents to sign some applications or have had passports. The whole system is fucked up.
>>
>>1230494
I really don't know many people who would do this. I've been out of work for a few months. I have money but no passport.
>>
>>1230494
Uk anon here AGAIN to solve the woes of retards on this board

You are not applying for this properly - applying for a first passport as an adult does NOT require parental signatures, just 2 signatories like OP
>>
I know Saudi Arabia has rules like those but I'm not aware of any other countries like that... What hellhole are you from, OP?
>>
What's the reason for this bullshit to begin with? Can't they verify your citizenship from your ID card or something?
>>
>it's another "butthurt eurofags try to drag the reputation of Great Britain down using fake news and lies" thread

On the off chance this is real... your doctor is not allowed to be a counter-signatory any more.
However, the application cannot be rejected based on your signatory's occupation. So as long as they have a reasonably sensible sounding job and are in good standing with the local community(no drug dealers), they'll be fine. The list of professions is a set of guidelines, not rules.
Ask a former teacher, perhaps?

Hell, I have a boring sounding office job. I'll sign your shit bruh. They can't prove I haven't known you for two years.
>>
>>1230538
United Kingdom. It's always been like this.

>>1230548
Even if I brought something like my birth certificate that's still not enough to verify I am that person.

>>1230550
That would be good but teacher I last had was ten years ago.
>>
>>1230461
>application for international driving permit
>all that shit

lol what? Here in the US when I wanted an international driving license all I had to do was show up at the offices, get my picture taken, and pay $15. Literally it. Valid for 1 year
>>
>>1230520
uhh you can't prove how long you've known someone. as far as they're concerned you just know them as a friend. if you want to go this route /int/ or /adv/ could probably help you
>>
>>1230441
How old are you and how the fuck do you not know a single professional?
>>
>>1230520
>They wouldn't do it anyway as they say they are very busy.

then pay them retard
>>
>>1230814
26. I never really went past college education.
>>
As a Dane, this is one of the more surprising things I've read today. What the fuck is that stupid rule there for?
>>
>>1230843
to prevent autists like OP from going abroad and embarrassing English people
>>
>>1230856

Unfortunately, they still have internet access to make fools of themselves to people all across the world
>>
>>1230843
It's there to functionally detain people too retarded to read what the application guidelines say
>>
>>1230843
you ever met a non-middle/upper/southern brit abroad? the countersign rule is there to make sure more of them dont escape
>>
>>1231087
How do all the chavs end up in Ibiza and Majorca then?
>>
>>1231131
EU. In just 2 more years chavs will finally need a visa to Europe. Good times.
>>
>>1230441
it's intended to keep shitskins out of civilized countries.
>>
>>1230441
OP is living in some shit country like Pakistan or oegie boegie zambia..

this counts for the majority of third world countries... in order to travel to the UK you need to know at least 2 people.. And there are other requirements as well
>>
>>1231213
what does it matter anyway? we are already occupied by all those sandniggas
>>
>>1230843
UK has some weird fixation on references.
Practically everything requires some confirmation from people that "know you".
Also they love demanding you send them original ID or passport by post.
>>
it's 1st April, fools = st!tpost 2>if they have to ask, thy too dumb to leave UK which is agood thing.
>>
>>1231257

how can people be so stupid? OP is clearly from the UK. And the thread isn't about travelling TO the UK.
>>
>>1231273
Fuck this sounds annoying and just plain stupid.
>>
>>1231257
Someone more retarded than OP managed to post in this thread, congrats
>>
>>1230441
I'm in the same boat man, it's so fucking annoying. Everytime you tell someone they're always like "oh well have you tried..", like yes I've tried every fucker I know. Even if you go down the passport office in person they still need you to have a countersignature.
>>
>>1230441
Isn't it just 1 person, for 2 years?
>>
File: 1472321389186.png (3MB, 1134x708px) Image search: [Google]
1472321389186.png
3MB, 1134x708px
>>1230461
You will soon enough.
>>
Got a passport when I turned 16, just in time for it to be valid for ten years, rather than five. All of my friends will have jobs by the time I'm 26, so I need not worry when the time comes to renew it.
>>
File: Geewillickers.jpg (24KB, 324x400px) Image search: [Google]
Geewillickers.jpg
24KB, 324x400px
>>1230441
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeDx3zhQFVjurlKkG9coWA/featured

Travel Bongland, my friend - there's plenty to see
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.