[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the fuck am i supposed to do on a 21 hour flight? just sit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 52683790.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
52683790.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
what the fuck am i supposed to do on a 21 hour flight?
just sit there?, if you are travelling alone do you get the whole row to yourself? or are you required to sit 6 inches away from a random person you never met?
>>
>>1229831
>>>/lit/
Unless you want to pay for shitty wifi.
>>
>>1229831
holy fuck 21 hours?? Where are you flying to and from where?
>>
>>1229880
australia to NYC
>>
File: 20ubg1r440eto1_500.jpg (30KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
20ubg1r440eto1_500.jpg
30KB, 500x566px
>>1229831
>if you are travelling alone do you get the whole row to yourself?
Holy hell that would be fantastic.
But no. Pic related applies to planes in all aspects.
>>
>>1229831
Yeah, you will be most likely sitting next to a random person which may be fat or smell bad.
If you are lucky the plane isnt occupied fully and than you have a place free next to you or a whole row. Happens sometimes.

What do?
Read, sleep, play games on smartphone, watch movies, listen to music. Thats it
>>
>>1229831
I've been on an 18hour flight.
All you can really do is just watch movies, play games and sleep. Honestly if you can sleep on a plane then just do that as much as humanly possible.

Unfortunately you would have to be extremely lucky to get an entire row to yourself.

Maybe fly to LA first for a night or two before moving on to NYC?
>>
>>1229918
I've done SYD > LAX > JFK before, try and get a flight that leaves at night and sleep as long as possible then watch movies, listen to music and take a book.
You will rarely get a row to yourself, airlines will combine flights and do everything possible to put a person in every seat.

On my way back from LAX > SYD last time I was seated next to a teenage canadian girl and her dad and I'm pretty sure I caught her trying to steal my phone while I was half asleep. Her hand was reaching for it sticking out of my seat pocket and I jolted awake when she brushed my knee then pulled her hand away... so keep your belongings close.
>>
>>1229831
Five hours in you should become the enthusiastic host of a wacky game show. Other passengers will be surprised and delighted.

Also, lead several rounds of "The Wave".
>>
>>1229831
If you can pay to upgrade to an exit row, especially on a plane with a slide in the door, do it. I payed 75eur for an Air Canada flight back from Paris and had about 9 feet of leg room and the whole row because everyone else is too jewish to pay. Bliss.
>>
>>1229989
Rather I should say I payed 75eur for the exit row upgrade. The fucks tried to stick me in the middle of a 4 wide middle row. Not happening.
>>
Longest I've been on was 15 hours Los Angeles-Guangzhou. It's difficult for me to sleep on airplanes but usually I can grab maybe 4 hours of off and on sleep. From there they hopefully have at least 2 movies that appeal to me, I take several walks and I stare absentmindedly out the window. It also helps me to subtract an hour from the anticipated flight time because the last hour is basically just descending and it's like you're already there. Mentally that helps.
>>
>>1229978
Do you know where in Canada they were from?
>>
>>1229831
I know it's not always logistically possible, but I've started to break my flights up. Flying back from Guam to DC I stayed a night in Hawaii. The whole thing felt way less stressful, and I found two 10+ hour flights to be easier to deal with than a 20 hour flight.
>>
>>1229831
Just do the usual thing, rush the plane, claim a seat as soon as someone approaches your row go into a autistic
>REEEEEEEE FUCKING NORMIES GET OFF MY PLANE !!!!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
it scares most people away, if they're still trying to come for your row continue with:
>I HAVE A WEAPON AND WILL KILL EVERYONE COMING NEAR ME !!! REEEEEEEEEEEEE
and you win. Nobody will dare to question your king of the row status.The airline might even award you with a 3month stay in a SPA for free and put you on a special "preferred customer" list.

You can only win anon, make /trv/ proud.
>>
>>1229978
Dude, if you were sleeping, you have no fucking idea if it was just a random brush.

Why would someone steal the person sitting next to you's phone?
>>
>>1230023
No idea, I didn't ask

>>1230164
Like i said I was half asleep, and felt something brush against my knee and opened my eyes... She was definately reaching for something in my seat pocket and my phone was half hanging out of the top.
>>
File: 1490303535883.jpg (114KB, 687x612px) Image search: [Google]
1490303535883.jpg
114KB, 687x612px
>if you are travelling alone do you get the whole row to yourself?
>>
I had a one-way, nonstop flight from New Delhi to Chicago about a year and a half ago. The total flight time was about 18 hours.

Somehow almost missing my flight meant that I was put by myself in the very back of the plane, with three seats to myself. I wound up sleeping for 13 or 14 hours straight, sprawled out over the length of the row. For the remaining time, I just watched movies and television episodes.

Ever since I had a 36-hour bus ride from Istanbul to Tbilisi in 2013, I've never felt too burdened by long-distance travel.
>>
Sleep and plan out how to preemptively counter act your jetlag.

Seriously it will suck a bit at first but you'll thank yourself after getting to your destination
>>
>>1229835
This. The few time's I went flying were great times for me to focus on writing for hours with barely little to no distractions. 21 hours is hella long, though. Write, read, listen to music, draw, or something else like that. Or all of that, since it's 21 hours...
>>
The longest comercial flight that exists right now does not even Last 19 hours i think.... What are you talking about ?
>>
>>1230238
Why did you do that bus ride? How many breaks did you have?

It does sound interesting, albeit a bit cramped
>>
>>1229978
coulda been tryin to feel your peen
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.