[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/, I have 6 days in July to go to either Jordan, Egypt,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Hey /trv/,

I have 6 days in July to go to either Jordan, Egypt, Cyprus or Greece.

Do you guys have any recommendations on which one I should go to?

Money is a big factor here.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks
>>
>>1228974
Greece probably still has toilet paper.
>>
Greece isn't a total desert shithole and costs are pretty low. Egypt would be good but only for the pyramids. Cost in cyprus is the same as greece and they have pretty beaches.
>>
Can you go to Malta instead?
>>
>>1228974

I'd just make a little bracket and do a coin toss. All four countries have worthwhile sights.

In terms of cost, I'd have to imagine Egypt would be the cheapest by far. The pound has been spiraling downward ever since the summer. Over the course of the past few months, the exchange rate has gone from 1 USD vs 5 EGP to 1 USD vs 18 EGP.

I met quite a few Egyptians when I was in India over the summer and several were begging the Indian embassy to extend their visas; they wanted to travel and stay away for as long as possible, because they knew they wouldn't get the chance to with their currency become worthless.

On the bright side of us, it's not cheaper than ever to go and visit.
>>
>>1229008

*now
>>
>>1228998
Haha yeah Jordan and Egypt both look like shit to me to be honest but they both have spots that I want to see.

>>1229008
Hmm I might do Egypt then. The only thing I want to see there are the pyramids though. I've also heard that Cairo can be sketchy.

In Egypt I want to see the pyramids, in Jordan I want to see Petra, and in Greece I want to check out Athens.

I've been leaning towards Petra in Jordan but holy fuck the tours are expensive.
>>
I've only been to Cyprus of these, but I can definitely recommend it. It has this mix of Mediterranean/Arabic architecture that's very interesting to see and of course the last divided capital on earth which is worth seeing. Some great hikes and beaches too and decent parties if you're into that
>>
>>1228974
I am Cypriot, Ask me anything
I have been to Greece 5 times; it all depends where you want to go.
>>
>>1229090
This. Been to all except Egypt and Cyprus was the best in my opinion. Friendly people, nice climate, interesting architecture, top tier cuisine (ate a pizza like I've never tasted before), nice hikes (west C.) and beaches. It's developed the most of the four as well.
>>
>>1229153
>ate a pizza like I've never tasted before
Cypriot here, where did you eat that pizza?
>>
Honestly I'd take any of them. Jordan has a lot of interesting structures, as well as desert land forms that are marvelous to behold. Egypt has a lot of interesting history besides the Great Pyramids to see. Besides that, seeing the Nile River is kind of on my bucket list. Greece is a beautiful place with a rich history in spite of the crippling debt and political unrest. I'd pick Cyprus though. It has something for just about any interest.
>>
File: ayia napa.png (280KB, 1804x879px) Image search: [Google]
ayia napa.png
280KB, 1804x879px
>>1229476
A million dollar question lol, this was back in 2006. It was somewhere in Ayia Napa, on a long street full of tourist shops that went slightly uphill. Might be Nissi Ave, I tried checking it but Cyprus doesn't have google street view, otherwise I might have recognized it.

It wasn't a normal pizza on plate, it was this big square pan and it was like a few cm thick. At first we ordered 4, one for each. The waiter then laughed at us saying one was enough and we were like wtf you talking about. Turns out we couldn't even finish that one and it was the best.

Have any idea where that restaurant might be? Would like to come visit it again someday.
>>
>>1229093
Is Cyprus safe? Cyprus looks like my cheapest destination airfare wise.

>>1229505
I want to go to Egypt but the safety concerns me.

Do you guys know if I'll need vaccinations? I'm from the U.S.

Greece and Cyprus seem to have much better food and will look prettier but I feel like I might be missing out on one of the wonders of the world.

I am so indecisive and this shit literally keeps me up at night.
>>
File: Screenshot_7.png (245KB, 737x400px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_7.png
245KB, 737x400px
>>1229619
Sorry but it doesn't ring any bells
>>1229766
Coincidentally, I remember hearing in the news yesterday about how Cyprus was voted 5th safest country in the world.
That is for the free areas of course, about the occupied north I cannot say. Here is the link: It's 2015 for some reason lol.
Also the conflict is on a stalemate. You don't need to have the slightest worries about it.

https://www.valuepenguin.com/2015/07/safest-countries-world

I know places where you can have super cheap food, btw. Since money is a big factor for you.

Where are you from?
>>
File: 20170327_142008.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170327_142008.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I've just returned from Egypt today. It's a total shithole, avoid at all costs.

I've been to Jordan as well and although I wouldn't say it's better than Greece, it certainly beats Egypt.
>>
File: GOPR8466.jpg (5MB, 3680x2760px) Image search: [Google]
GOPR8466.jpg
5MB, 3680x2760px
>>1230098
Im from the US but I will be in Israel right before going one of these countries. And oh ok. Well shit, Cyprus is starting to sound pretty good.

>>1230107
Hell yes, I've been waiting for someone to post who has recently been to Egypt. What specifically did you dislike about Egypt?
>>
>>1230115
It's dirty, we had to go without food until like 8pm because there literally wasn't a single place that looked like the food wouldn't poison you. Traffic is the worst I've seen in all my life and I've been all over the Middle East. Huge poverty everywhere, people asking for bribes even at the airport. General feeling of unease that you will be robbed at any minute. Everyone trying to shortchange you if you let on that you're a foreigner.

It's just a mess overall.
>>
>>1230436
Damn, yeah that does sound really shitty. Ok,thanks for the info. I will not go there then. The only thing I was interested in seeing was the pyramids anyways but it sounds like the negatives outweigh the positives.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.