[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got accepted to a college program that will allow me to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: BTC1511_Map_Graphic_EUROPE.png (729KB, 2602x1952px) Image search: [Google]
BTC1511_Map_Graphic_EUROPE.png
729KB, 2602x1952px
I just got accepted to a college program that will allow me to study in my choice of Bath, England or Thessaloniki, Greece. Both seem like great offers, but I've never been to either place. What do?
>>
Greece could be nice place to be after all
>>
Tricky, because they're so different.

Bath
>probably one of the nicer cities in the UK
>the UK as a whole is a bit shit though, be advised
>nice nature relatively close by

Saloniki
>Dat Greek weather
>I know a girl from there, the only thing really worth seeing is their tower near the seaside
>Probably easier to get around and see a lot more diverse things more easily
>>
>>1228512
Where are you from? If English is not your mother tongue, then definitely go with Bath. During half a year/year in UK you will really improve your knowledge of English which will definitely come in handy.
>>
>>1228526
I'm American.
>>
>>1228548
Ah, then Bath it is
>>
Thessaloniki is one of the biggest party cities in Europe. Also Greek weather and millenia of history and civilization.
>>
>>1228522
There are a lot more things to see in Thessaloniki than the white tower......
>>
>>1228570
Have you been? What's cool there?
>>
>>1228774
I have been for only 3 days, before visiting Athens. There are several old Byzantine churches you can visit in the city, most are small (compared to the catholic churches of where I am from in Canada) and have unique architecture. Arch or Galerius and Rotunda are nice to see, lots of cats are roaming freely in the area too. There is a greek agora and roman forum in the city center and the sea is near by. Several cool outside markets. There are graffitis everywhere and it is apparent that the economic situation is bad.
>>
Definitely Bath.

As a native English speaker it will be much easier for you, there are lots of cool things and it is a much nicer place to be overall. Set that up as the home front.

Once in England you can book cheap flights to anywhere in Europe you want to visit. I have a friend who lives in London who can and has literally bought a flight to Greece, Egypt, Spain....all for like $50 US its crazy.
>>
obviously greece. cheaper, better weather and more interesting than england.
>>
>>1229001
>>1228558
>>1228909
>>1228512
Don't listen to these fags.

I went to Thessaloniki for 5 days.

>several old Byzantine churches
Fucking tiny churches which were built for the public and are marketed as sights because there isn't anything worth seeing except the white tower

>Arch or Galerius and Rotunda are nice to see
The first is just ruins in a middle of a square. If you didn't know it was a sight you wouldn't notice it. The second is OK.

>greek agora and forum
Like any city in the Mediterranean?

>mentioning cats
Seriously?

>history and culture
They have a very good archaeological museum

Also they have just busses. Zero other public transport.

The restaurants serve some of the best food I have ever experienced.
>>
>>1228512
Don't know how much it matters to you, but academically speaking Greece is a total wasteland.
>>
>>1229097
>mentioning cats

tbqh the cats were one of my favourite things about istanbul when i lived there
>>
Why is this even a question. Go to Greece you dummy.
>>
>>1229097
What the fuck are you on about fucking retard? These churches were built by the Bizantines, centuries ago. Built for the public lel. Hallucinating the dumb things that are said on this board.
>>
>>1229192
>implying the byzantines didn't built those churches for the public
>>
>>1229475
Why would you take the time to say that these churches were made for the public as if it was negative, aren't most churches built for the public?
>>
>>1228557
I laughed.

Pretentious fuck.

Me and my British friend always joke about differences in English between countries. His 'american' accent vs my 'British' accent impersonation is always warrents a chuckle.
>>
>>1228512
As an American, England will be very boring. Greece will offer you that exchange experience that I think you are intending on having.
>>
>>1228909
is greece cool? I'm not OP but im thinking of going there soon. I am thinking of spending a few days in Athens.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.