[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has any airline given you a hard time about carry ons not being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 134821623022.gif (14KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
134821623022.gif
14KB, 633x758px
Has any airline given you a hard time about carry ons not being correct size or weight if you're backpacking? Obviously, I'm not trying to bring crazy stuff with me but one of my airlines says 15lbs as the limit and I'm at 22lbs and am wondering how screwed I am.
>>
>>1228342
They might just charge you to check it in.

Now do you pack 22lbs? 3 shirts, 1-2 pairs of pants, a hairbrush, toothbrush, small towel, and maybe an extra pair of very light shoes is all you need to travel with.
>>
Damn 15 lbs is harsh. Air France only allowed 26 lbs and I thought that was bad. Sometimes they are pretty strict because in Paris they actually made me weigh my bag before I could even go through security.
>>
Only US airlines (I've heard European airlines are the same though).

Asian, African, Latin American airlines don't seem to give a shit.
>>
>>1228366
Oh, to be clear though, US airlines don't seem to care about the weight of carry-ons at all, just the size.
>>
>>1228365
Really? Interesting. I just got back from Paris and had no issues with bags. Although my carry-on really only had a bottle of Absinthe, couple cartons of smokes and iPad and cables and stuff.
>>
>>1228392
Depends on what type of bag. If it's a backpack they wouldn't check it because 26 lbs is a bit insane for a carry on backpack. They weighed my rolling suitcase.
>>
I'm gone for 3 weeks, so I packed like 9 shirts and have a camera with another lens that might be a ton of weight. I might cut back on the shirts though, especially since I'll be going to the laundromat a lot. It is a little on the bigger side cause its a travel back pack, and its squishy, so it will fit in an overhead compartment. I just hope they aren't hardasses about the weight.
>>
>>1228368
This, as long as it fits in the compartment they don't give a shit.

I've had to weigh checked bags but never my carry on.
>>
Carry-on weight restrictions are one of those things that all airlines have to have an official policy on, but front line employees do not have the time or patience to actually enforce.
>>
>>1228504
It still happens sometimes, do you want to pay an enormous fee? Go ahead.
>>
>>1228594
How big is the fee?
>>
>>1228342
I never knew carry-ons had a weight limit. It's never been enforced as far as I've seen on AA, Delta, and Continental. Good thing because I must have loaded 50lbs of fine china in a carry-on once.
>>
>>1228602
Overweight bags: $50 for 41-70 pounds $75 for 71-100
>>
>>1228342
Nok Air, definitely. They're really autistic about that 7kg limit even though the overhead bins can hold 50kg.
>>
i've stuffed a pc monitor, hella tools, a laptop, four hdds, water bottles, and a bunch of other random shit into a backpack and gotten it on as a carryon with nothing other than weird looks because i had a 24" monitor hanging out the top of the backpack. I feel like as long as you're not getting on some small ass plane and you can fit it in the overhead bin/on your lap or under your seat, they really wont care. if anything, most allow you to have a carry on and a personal bag. get a small backpack and stuff it as full as you can possibly get it/with the heaviest items and claim it as a personal item, then have your carryon have everything else.
>>
also, metra and amtrak supposedly have rules about this, but i've gotten away with bringing a backpack full of shit and a hard sided case with 2 CD turntable decks and a mixer that i kept vertically between my legs during the trip with nothing but weird looks from the train workers and other travelers.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.