[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have no problems making friends or getting laid while traveling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: img-23.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
img-23.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
>have no problems making friends or getting laid while traveling
>have no friends at all at home and have not even gotten laid once in my own country

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>1228271
You are not happy with yourself.
When you are away from home, nothing reminds you of how you are as a person. The chains that are the reminders of who you really are are therefore nonexistent and you are free to leave that behind, be different, open and social.
You are holding yourself back at home. You have to work hard on yourself in order to become the person that you are abroad.
>>
>>1228312
Wrong. People abroad are always more open, horny and social. They're on holiday, it's normal.
>>
>>1228271
People at home already have friends they can meet. It's really not difficult to figure out Tbh.
>>
Do this Anon,
At least once a day say something to a stranger. Just very small talk. Start with guys then as you get more comfortable with it start doing it to girls.
>>
>>1228322
but people can be abroad in your own country as well.
>>
When you're at home you're nothing special, no one really gives a shit about meeting you unless you have something special to contribute.

When you're traveling women see you as "exotic" and possibly a "rich foreigner" depending on where you go. And in hostels people are all trying to meet people to hang out with, because they don't have their home friend circles there.

So yeah, it's harder to make friends and harder to get laid when you're at home. There's nothing surprising about this.
>>
>>1228353
but i don't understand it anon. it's not like i slept with 3rd world lowclass trash. when i lived abroad i had hobbies friends and met a lot of people. why am i not successful at home? when i'm done with college i will move abroad forever
>>
>>1228514
>when i'm done with college i will move abroad forever
Then abroad will become home and the cycle wll repeat
>>
>>1228271
Is dat sum Takeshi Kitano ?
>>
File: 473.jpg (35KB, 490x586px) Image search: [Google]
473.jpg
35KB, 490x586px
I have never had a girlfriend that shared my nationality. It either got laid abroad or had foreign girlfriends where I lived.

I even feel like I'm a completely different person when I'm talking in the foreign languages that I know and I'm not really sure whether I can actually flirt in my native language. Everything just sounds so tacky in my native language.

I'm not even using economic leverage or extreme exoticism, I'm talking about backgrounds of rich western countries and neighboring states.
>>
>>1228735
Jesus me too

Went on a huge trip last year and slept with a few girls then made them cry. Felt great going home to tell my friends about my achievements, expecting them to be proud. Came home to a fresh new year with huge confidence. Friends hear my story and called me a massive fuckboy- lost all confidence and return to my old self.
>>
>>1228735
>I'm not really sure whether I can actually flirt in my native language.

I feel this way too. I'm not exactly why but my native language sounds very stiff and flirting almost cringy to me. I don't know why though
>>
>>1228735
>>1228778
>>I'm not really sure whether I can actually flirt in my native language.
Being?
>>
File: IMG_7230.jpg (3MB, 3168x2112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7230.jpg
3MB, 3168x2112px
>>1228271
Same feel bro. Also with girls too, fug. 2-3 hours passed after I was hosted at muslim family far away from my home that had not been known me before when they started to match me local girls. Why did I refuse? Ofc have no gf now. What do I do wrong?
>>
>>1228804
>muslim family far away from my home that had not been known me before when they started to match me local girls
Please tell us more.
>>
>>1228735
>>1228778
I think this is just being self conscious. When you speak your own language you're very familiar with it, so you immediately realise that you're not a smooth talker. Girls aren't always expecting the smoothest talker, but that's not the point, you can hear how awkward you sound and it kills your self esteem. Speak another language and you're less aware of how awkward you sound. When it is received well (which often flirting is), you get the impression that you must be pretty smooth and it boosts your confidence - and thus you become even more smooth.

tldr; it's all your perception, you can't flirt well in other languages either, but ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>1228809
They're russian muslims, they are not strong in belief, they're secular, used to drink alcohol, etc. Not clichy ISIS fanatics or retarded Talibs.
>>
>>1228814
You think so? I speak English for 13 years now and Spanish for 6, so I don't think that should make a big difference
>>
>>1228793
German
>>
>>1228778
My native language is English. This is my first time responding in this thread. Most direct flirting is cringy in English, and I imagine Northern European language. But works in latin languages and others.
>>
>>1228772
don't mind them anon... "fuckboy" is better than "loser nerd"
>>
>>1228809
Russian culture is extremely open to casual sex, they're the only girls I've ever got just a 'lets go to a hotel and fuck' from. I mean, she was pissed that I was moving so slow because I bought her a drink in a bar first.

Actually half russian, half mongolian but close enough.
>>
>>1228271
B-b-but /trv/ says if you can't get laid at home you can't get laid abroad...
>>
>>1229157
Depends where you go. If you can't get laid in your own comfy Western city I'd say it's rather unlikely that you get laid in any other big first world city.

Countries like Russia, Brazil, Colombia, you should be able to get a girl relatively easy
>>
There are a couple reasons why getting laid abroad is easier. One is that if you go to somewhere like South America, or Southeast Asia you look and talk exotically. You act different, and coming from a different part of the world makes you interesting to the locals. On the other hand, getting laid and making friends in hostels is easy because everybody is looking for fun and companionship while they're out travelling, and are forced out of their comfort zones by having none of their friends around. A man or woman can sleep with a different person every night, especially if travelling alone, and then go back home and never tell anyone or face any judgment for what they did. And finally, many people are embarrassed by rejection at home, especially considering they still have to see the people who rejected them fairly often. In a foreign land where you're in a different city within the next 3 days that is never an issue. It inspires confidence because if you get shot down you don't have to see the person ever again. You're a stranger from a different place, and your odds of ever seeing them again are so astronomically slim that it practically never happens. Basically, it comes down to the fact that at home you look like pretty much everyone else and likely share a similar life story with them, combined with fear of either judgment or fear of rejection that tethers us to modest behavior at home, yet we see how uninhibited we become when you take our concern for what others think of us out of the equation. Do shit that makes you stand out at home, and stop being afraid of rejection if you want to get laid at home.
>>
Had the same problem as you, op. The secret is to be who you are traveling, while at home. Basically, be alpha as fuck back home.

Once you get laid for the first time at home, it gets easier.

I still don't do nearly as well back home but I still do okay now. For the longest time I couldn't get laid back home though.
>>
>>1228514
>it's not like i slept with 3rd world lowclass trash

That's not really it, assuming you're not going after poor girls the financial aspect is less of a thing than most guys think. The girls aren't stupid and know you aren't going to stick around. It's mostly that you're exotic-looking and different. Latino-american guys don't have a very easy time in latin america - easier than the US maybe but nothing like the blonde-haired, blue-eyed guys have it.
>>
>>1228271
I always have good success using Tinder abroad but at home I don't get any matches at all or it stops after 10 or so. Deleted my account and wrote in my description "From the US, traveling in France for some time. Looking to meet people :)" and I started getting a lot more matches and girls messaging me first.

Really makes you think huh
>>
>>1229712
>I always have good success using Tinder abroad but at home I don't get any matches at all or it stops after 10 or so. Deleted my account and wrote in my description "From the US, traveling in France for some time. Looking to meet people :)" and I started getting a lot more matches and girls messaging me first.

So you kept that once you moved back to the US, and it still got you more matches? Did it keep going after the first days (when you get a new guy boost by the system)?
>>
>>1229721
No I'm from France and wrote that I was from the US in my profile and got more matches instantly. Of course matches slow down after a while but when I used boost they went up again
>>
>>1229155
just because you had that one or maybe a couple of experiences, it doesn't mean that russian girls are generally like that. i lived in russia for a year and in my experience, at least amongst teen girls (like 16+, i was a teen as well when i lived there), they were more after a relationship than casual sex
>>
>>1229349
so why bother with getting 6/10 girls here at best when i can get a 8/10 in latam without even raising my little finger?
>>
>>1228735
For me it's the other way around. I feel so retarded when I try to have a conversation in English (not my native language) let alone flirt.
>>
>>1228312
Accurate, i just feel the negativity closer i get to home. So my advice travel alot and perhaps try to have some sort of long distance relationship with plans of being togheter later in life. Though i never tried long distance relationships before
>>
>>1228271

after fucking 130+ people at home and abroad, i think i'm finally ready to settle down
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.