[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw post travel blues >tfw can't travel until december

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1.png (363KB, 5000x5000px)
1.png
363KB, 5000x5000px
>tfw post travel blues
>tfw can't travel until december at the earliest

I hate being stuck in this hicktown.
>>
File: 533.jpg (58KB, 645x773px)
533.jpg
58KB, 645x773px
>inherit a lot of money
>set aside a nice sum of money for the backpacking trip around Europe I've planned for years
>travel for several months
>turns out I'm not a likable person abroad either, spend most of my time alone despite my best socializing efforts
>no epic parties, no permanent friends who came to visit later, no day trips to some nice site with qts or bros, no nothing really
>go home when my trip ends, disillusioned, and hasn't really traveled since.

Trip was okay I guess, got to see a lot of nice places, but I kinda missed the social experience of it all.
>>
>>1227366
Don't worry I'm the same. I stayed at a hostel when I was in SEA last year and didn't meet anyone. Talked to a couple of people but they didn't seem interested in inviting me along on their adventures. Left earlier than intended and checked in to a 5 star hotel.

I mean it's fine, I prefer being by myself but on those trips it could be days without me uttering a single word.
>>
>>1227366
>>1227374
Lol let this be an end to the "solo travel is best travel" meme. You will only experience crippling loneliness while other couples and groups of friends make memories together.
>>
>>1227380
I've traveled with friends though. It was the most infuriating travel experience I've ever had. Kept complaining and couldn't decide on what to do and get offended when you suggest doing something by yourself. I'd much rather experience the loneliness. At least then you can just go to a bar if you want some social interaction.
>>
>>1227347
>>tfw can't travel until december at the earliest
Really? You can't go somewhere on a Friday night and come back on a Sunday?
>>
>>1227387
I don't really count that as travel.
>>
I'm also stuck until december, just went back from a 7 months trip in Asia, are you me?
>>
>>1227366
>no permanent friends who came to visit later

To be fair this almost never happens, I've travelled for 6 months when you add it all together and have only kept in contact with 2 people since, one of whom I travelled with for around 2.5 weeks after meeting them so hardly counts anyway.
>>
>>1227630
Yea it's kinda weird when I see people on FB that I hung out with for a day or two. I guess when you hang out with people in a crazy place it's a bond but will you really ever see them again?
>>
>>1227630
I did 1 year in South America and when I break it down I'm still chatting with 8 people. Even visited 2 of those. Before I traveled in Japan and met noone. In my opinion it is really hard to meet people if you travel to first world countries, move around quickly and don't do tours. Most of the friends and girls I met while traveling were in places I stayed for longer, like 4 weeks minimum.

I bet most of those people who are "i'm so lonely noone wants to hang out with me" picked shitty party hostels or straight empty ones, didn't socialize more than introducing themselves to their bunk mates and didn't take part in tours and other stuff.

Also why would you be sad that you missed nightlife stuff? The only stuff you can be sad about missing are cultural events or restaurants. Most of the bars and discos you will visit with other tourists are gringo shit copies. For the real stuff you need to know locals. Also drinking all night long means you will miss an entire day of traveling. When I was alone on weekends I'd look into going to the cinema, the football stadium, the theatre, some shows - far more interesting than binge drinking with normie trash from the Anglosphere.
>>
>>1227669
I don't mind Real Travelers that much, but why are you always so condescending towards other travelers? If people want to go partying instead of going to the fucking theatre, what's it to you?
>>
>>1227380
Traveling solo is fun if you are sociable and good with people. It's particularly easy at hostels.
>>
>>1227347
>tfw post travel blues
That happens to me literally every time...I don't want to do anything for weeks.
>>
Did 3 months of Europe after being disillusioned with corporate life. Come back super motivated to take risks cause it worked out and I decided to pursuit my passion for cooking. Started my apprenticeship 6 months ago and it doesn't look like I can travel until I finish which is 3 years.

It's good I changed for the better and stopped standing still but this itchy feet is killing me.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.