[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /Trv, goin to Vienna in May for a week, was wondering what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Hello /Trv, goin to Vienna in May for a week, was wondering what street foods I should definately try?

Also any tips in general, places to go, things to do? Thanks chiefs

Pic unrelated, although Liverpool is worth a visit.
>>
Dunno about street foods, but the thing to do in Vienna is immerse in some of the very historic coffeehouses of cultural acclaim. Have fantastic schnitzel, yummy coffee and pastries, get the famous cakes like sacher torte, some fresh apfelstrudel, etc.

There's some more traditional foods if you find it, from leberknudelsuppe (my fave!), to hot dogs twisty wrapped in bacon, various sausages like burenwurst/currywurst/leberkase to liptauer spread for your bread (oh the breads are good!). There can be found a lot of neighboring foods like czech or hungarian menu items, if you want that. The dumplings are always a sure bet to be different than the last place you ordered them. Walk through the Naschtmarkt and sample some of the street food offerings there. Delicious drinking can be had with the infused fruit liqueurs, like the eau de vie, apricot or pear brandies from the Wachau Valley (take a cruise on the danube through the valley and visit Melk).
http://www.hpsepicurean.com/preiss-spirits/bailoni/
I also really enjoyed some of the Radler (low alcohol fruit beers), and soda flavors like "melissa" and "elderberry" so popping into a market is a good bet. If you get a chilly evening, maybe get some gluhwein (spiced wine).

If you feel really conflicted on what to do and what to eat, then you might pay for a Food Tour, and hit the highlights for a reasonable fee, a prix fixe, and have it all curated "good finds" for you. This is an expensive city afterall.
>>
Vienna is lovely, just wander around the city and immerse yourself in the culture, take it slowly, sit down, relax, have a coffee and some sachertorte, read a book while doing it and appreciate the beautiful architecture.
>>
File: 1441816934914.jpg (7MB, 4180x3208px) Image search: [Google]
1441816934914.jpg
7MB, 4180x3208px
>>1227419
>>1227443
Thank you, these are both excellent replies, I cant wait to go now aha
>>
I'm in Vienna right now, just got here. Not sure what to do desu. Anyone who's been here/lives here know how the nightlife is and where to go? Also where can I buy weed? And I heard prostitution is legal, where them hoes at.
>>
>>1227668
>Trying to do those things in Vienna when Bratislava is just next door.

Nig....
>>
>>1227675
Was actually considering going there for a day during this weekend. What do?
>>
Vienna is absolutely the best place I've visited. It's more about Cafe life than street food. Go to Cafe Landtmann, or any of their chains (all high quality, near high profile buildings) and try a different thing each day.
>>
ribs of vienna. dank spot.
Figlmuller. dank spot. harder to get into.

neither are expensive. both are a must.

drink a bunch of coffee and think big thoughts.
>>
Posted in another thread but I'm thinking about going to Salzburg as I am passing by in Austria. What is it like or is Vienna much better?
>>
>>1227668
FKK Goldentime. All you could ever want.
>>
>>1227668
Nightlife: Schwedenplatz
Hoes: Prater
Weed: also Schwedenplatz or whole U6 track
>>
>>1227678
Drink cheap beer and fuck slavic bitches.
>>
>>1228930
Both is nice, if you just want to see the big tourist attractions, 3 days for both is enough.
>>
>>1227332
Viennese here

>Culture
- classical art: Kunsthistorisches Museum
- 19th/20th century: Albertina (they're having a great Egon Schiele exhibition right now)
- contemporary: MUMOK, Leopold Museum
- MAK (Museum for Applied Arts) has free entry every Tuesday 6-10pm

If you're interested in Opera/Theatre, the State Opera, Volksoper, Burgtheater have special last-minute tickets for students and standing room tickets for 3€

>food/drinks
- traditional coffee houses: Raimund, Schwarzenberg
- restaurants: Ulrich's, Deewan if you're on a budget, or just stroll around Siebensterngasse and it's side alleys, it's the hipster district with lots of trendy restaurants and bars
oh, and most restaurants and cafes have a daily menu for 7/8€ between noon and 3pm

>nightlife
- Schwedenplatz: lots of tourists and backpackers
- 7th district (Siebensterngasse etc.): Hipsters and 25+
- along the U6 line: drugs, hookers, cheap booze, college students and lost souls

>things to do
- it's already fairly warm outside right now, so by may you can definitely go for a walk along the Donaukanal, the gardens of Schönbrunn, or sit and relax in the Museumsquartier or one of the many parks
-sightseeing: most of the sights (University, City Hall, Burgtheater, Parliament, Hofburg, Opera) are along the Ringstraße or within a 10min walking distance from another
- the Prater (amusement park, wouldn't go there alone at night though)

I read in an article a while ago that Vienna is the perfect town for idleness, so just relax, stroll around the city, have a couple of coffee breaks, and finish the day with Spritzwein (white wine with sparkling water; the national drink of Austria)
>>
>>1229088
yeeeeeeeeeeeeaH BOY
>>
>>1227332
also, whenever I'm in Vienna, I have Käsekreiner - it's a hotdog with cheese-filled sausage. Best place to eat this is near the Oper, on the main street. there is a side buffet, next to a starbucks.

>>1229970
Don't tease me:) Vienna is my favourite city, can't wait to go there again! I might work there, am very excited!
>>
>>1227332
I don't know, really. But for the more refined culinary treat, I'd head for one of the many world class restaurants in Austria's Wachau region. Maybe on a weekend and so. For me, it was one of the best food-related experiences in my life.
>>
File: wachau.jpg (476KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
wachau.jpg
476KB, 1600x900px
>>1230330
>forgot pic
>>
>>1230293
oh no, käsekrainer inside a bun is shit. cut on a paper plate with mustard, horseradish, dark bread and a can of ottakringer beer. that's the real würstlstand-experience. and don't forget the fucking mannerschnitten.
>>
>>1230349
idk, I prefer the Käsekrainer Hotdog when getting it at a Würstelstand. At home bread only though
>>
>>1227668
weed: donaukanal at night, the arabs have good stuff sometimes
>>
>>1227668
nightlife varies a lot depending on how old you are and what you're looking for desu
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.