[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning a motorcycle trip from the UK out to Georgia.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Visovac_moto2[1].jpg (144KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Visovac_moto2[1].jpg
144KB, 900x600px
I'm planning a motorcycle trip from the UK out to Georgia.
Looking for tips on where and what to visit and see. Any interesting historical sights, points of interest, places i should stop off. Particularly any hidden gems, or nature areas which potentially might have good offroad routes for an adventure bike.
I'm going to blast through western Europe pretty swiftly, and I'm mostly interested in the Balkans and everything east of that.
>>
Just to clarify, I'll be going down through the balkans and then across Turkey, and then home through Russia hopefully.
>>
Plitvice is very nice in Croatia, generally take a detour around the adriatic coast, Croatia, Montenegro and Albania are all beautiful. Also more interesting than going through northern croatia/hungary/serbia
>>
>>1227326
cheers. that's the sort of thing i'm looking for.
anyone know where that abandoned UFO looking massive building is in the balkans? i seen it in a video but no idea which country it's in.
I'm particularly interested in Albania if anyone has any pointers.
>>
>>1227230
You should try and make contact with the French and Belgian anons who did a trip through Africa on bikes. You won't have their problems but they can probably give you good advice.
>>
Watch Long way round
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-0uBcnmE2M
>>
I did a similar route in 2014, but the opposite way. Went from Turkey to Germany by land. If you're interested in Albania go to Tirana, you can cover all of it in 3/4 days. Many nice bars and a lively punk scene. Go to Durres, nice beaches. Visit Montenegro, pricy but worth it.
>>
>>1227230
How do you plan on crossing the Atlantic ocean on a motorcycle?
>>
>>1227787
i've seen it before, and don't really like it
>2 support vehicles full of safety experts and doctors as if they were on an expedition to the north pole or something
>completely inappropriate bikes
>stay in expensive hotels every night
>can't even complete the journey because it's 'too hard' for them and load their bikes onto a train

Long way down wasn't much better.
>>
>>1227787
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOzgvSoocQk
long way round is alright, it popularised motorcycle travel if nothing else.
but as the other guy said, it painted a really bad image of adventure motorcycling. it gave the idea you need the most expensive bikes, the most expensive gear, sponsorships, and support vehicles. Which obviously isn't true. You just need any bike, your passport and your own wits. strap some bags to the bike and away you go.
The beauty of adventure motorcycling is it's simplicity and accessibility, and it can be done very cheap. A bike lets you go anywhere.
>>
>>1227428
Bulgaria
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.