[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is NY to LA via 'route 66' the best american driving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 568974.jpg (58KB, 739x412px) Image search: [Google]
568974.jpg
58KB, 739x412px
is NY to LA via 'route 66' the best american driving holiday for a foreigner?
any other suggestions?
i noticed there is a more northern route, which one is best?, was hoping to spend 3 - 4 weeks total in the U.S, including 3 - 4 days each in NY and LA (will reserve my last few days for getting zooted on legal weed and visiting the theme parks).
>>
no. plan your route around your destinations, not your destinations around your route.
>>
Route 66 starts in Chicago, not NY.

I've done the drive before, it gives a really interesting view of America that the interstates and major cities don't give. The road takes you through a lot of tiny rubdown towns that most Americans never see. There's a lot of long empty stretches and abandoned towns, the trip will be filled with a lot of quiet little moments where you can really take in the country.

3-4 weeks seems like enough time do really get a feel of the locales around the road, but you could easily spend several months exploring the rest of the country.

When are you planning on doing the trip? Depending on the time of year weather might be a factor for your drive.
>>
>>1226962
around july, from australia so i can handle the heat.
>>
>>1226959
I disagree, nothing wrong with planning a route for the scenery. Driving is its own experience. I think OP has a good plan.
>>
>>1226950
I did something similar to this only drove from a city on the eastern shore to LA's coast.

It's stupidly overrated, that's not to say it wasn't fun but I can't stress how little there is to do in the between the Mississippi and rockies. Doing the 40, or doing a low sweep of the Gulf states is way more fun and interesting.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.