[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hot grills >Great nightlife >Cheap tickets >Westernised

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_nqslk81iIQ1suctpao2_1280.jpg (166KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqslk81iIQ1suctpao2_1280.jpg
166KB, 1080x720px
>Hot grills
>Great nightlife
>Cheap tickets
>Westernised and multicultural, looks like London

Is Karachi as fun as it seems? Any Pakistan stories?
>>
>>1226538

My understanding is that Karachi is generally regarded as being relatively dangerous compared to other cities, such as Rawalpindi, Lahore, and Islamabad. I'm sure you'd be fine with some sensible precautions, though.

Got to imagine that getting "hot grills" would be substantially harder than in neighboring India (which isn't a cake-walk), but I suppose the suppressed-conservative factor could make it easier to find sluts. After all, white men don't judge!
>>
>>1226542
interesting, i though Karachi being dangerous was just because it was the biggest city and that you should be fine as long as you don't go to the poor areas and act autistic

its not even on the list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_murder_rate
>>
>>1226548

I genuinely don't know a lot about Pakistan even though I've been to India seven times.

I just remember people telling me that Karachi has some problems with crime and that there's an elevated risk of mugging and robbery. Islamabad, in contrast, is almost universally renowned as being a decent and safe kind of place.

Anyway, I'd love to go to Pakistan but am worried about how having a visa from them could impact the renewal of my India visa. If you want to go to Karachi, just go, but be careful and ask a lot of questions for your first few days.
>>
File: 1483653966370.jpg (58KB, 536x533px) Image search: [Google]
1483653966370.jpg
58KB, 536x533px
>looks like london
>>
>>1226538
sauce on pic?
>>
File: tumblr_nveq3s18qs1suctpao1_1280.jpg (217KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nveq3s18qs1suctpao1_1280.jpg
217KB, 1080x720px
>>1226564
dunno her name, she's american and she's frequently posted on /int/ and the nazis on /pol/ are always triggered by her beauty
>>
File: tumblr_nzsxkovpym1suctpao2_1280.jpg (215KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzsxkovpym1suctpao2_1280.jpg
215KB, 1080x720px
:3
>>
File: 1480533319433.jpg (166KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480533319433.jpg
166KB, 1080x720px
>>1226564
>>1226596
her names rija, she doesn't browse /int/ but they did mess with her for a bit. she has a tumblr i think
>>
>>1226538
This is lovely bait, but why not?

I've been to Pakistan a couple of times and had very good experiences. Good food, interesting history, and the people are *mostly* extremely hospitable and warm. And yes, it's cheap. That said...
>nightlife
As long as you don't mean drinking, sure. Alcohol is illegal, not served anywhere (not even in hotels, unlike in, for example, the UAE). Can be purchased in a few places, such as the commissaries of foreign embassies. But it can't be consumed in public. Black market booze is fairly popular, but you'll only find it at house parties. And it might be dangerous home-distilled counterfeit stuff. Hashish is also around and fairly popular; a lot of otherwise devout Muslims consider it an alternative to alcohol. But it's also illegal.
>grills
They can indeed be hot. And they are mostly not allowed to hang out with single men in public. When they go out to dance or party they do so in large groups. And you can't legally take them home or into your hotel. If you got invited to a rich girl's house she might get it on with you. But that's not going to happen.
>multicultural
Sure is! Sindhi, Punjabi, Pashtun, up north you get some Tajiks and Uzbeks--all sorts of conservative South and Central Asian Muslim cultures intermingle.
>security
It's not a safe country. The risk of political/religious violence is significant, and the risk of basic crime is nearly as high. Although most people are warm and hospitable, some of the not-hospitable people literally want to kill you. And large parts of the country (not Karachi so much, but all of the Northwest, most of Balochistan, parts of Azad Kashmir) are sketchy enough that they are no-go areas for foreigners. I've worked there for an international organization, and expats were forbidden from traveling in several regions.

All THAT said, I found Lahore really beautiful. A world-class city. Karachi is a hotter, wetter, uglier, impoverished mess.

Have a nice trip you will never take!
>>
>>1226631
Was waiting for an interesting response, thanks for sharing!

Do they have laws about women and whether they can be alone or around other men in public? Or is it rather just conservative values imposed by the girls' families?

It's interesting to me that you found Lahore beautiful. When googling it, it really looks so extremely bland. I couldn't really find any cool pictures, just a bland mess of small, shitty buildings. Doesn't really look like a 20 million+ city
>>
File: 1409148587560.png (87KB, 300x354px) Image search: [Google]
1409148587560.png
87KB, 300x354px
>looks like London
>>
>>1226596
I can see why.

>>1226601
>>1226609
what a qt3.14.
cheers, m8!
>>
>>1226646
>Do they have laws about women and whether they can be alone or around other men in public? Or is it rather just conservative values imposed by the girls' families?
It's a mixture of the two. There are very stringent 'adultery' laws that officially prohibit all sex outside of marriage, but it's mostly just a very traditional culture that encourages sexual segregation.
>Lahore
There are some old parts of the city that are really objectively beautiful. Some gorgeous old mosques, old shrines, Mughal palaces, etc. It's a chaotic mess, but parts are really pretty.
>>
>After its independence in 1947, Pakistani law was fairly liberal regarding liquor laws. Major cities had a culture of drinking, and alcohol was readily available until the mid-1970s when the Bhutto government introduced prohibition for Muslim citizens. Since then, Pakistan’s majority Muslim population has been unable to legally buy alcohol, and advertising for alcoholic beverages has been outlawed.
> Non-Muslim foreigners are allowed to order alcohol in restaurants and hotels that have liquor licenses, and foreigners can also apply for alcohol permits
https://matadornetwork.com/nights/guide-to-drinking-and-buying-alcohol-in-pakistan/

>>1226631
according to this, you're wrong. have you actively tired to party in Pakistan?
>>
>>1226761
I've been in restaurants and in hotels; I have been served illegal whiskey at Pakistani house parties; I've been asked to procure wine from the US embassy in Islamabad; and I've heard discussion of the official infidel license one must acquire in order to purchase liquor from places that serve it (but I never actually lived there, just spent a few three-week business trips there). I don't know if the law has changed, but I have literally never seen alcohol for sale anywhere but an embassy.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>1226761
Not him but bruh you don't drink in Pakistan, expat or not. You can do do semi legally in expensive hotels but risk of getting counterfeit shit is not worth it. Same with the nightlife, you can't pick up girls.
>>
>>1226761
Oh, but it's worth mentioning that, at least as far as hotels are concerned, I only stayed in Pearl Continental properties (I also stayed in apartments of friends/co-workers). These are very fancy--about as good as hotels get in Pakistan--but owned by a Pakistani parent company. They are 100% dry.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.