[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much money in U.S. dollars would it cost to travel to Japan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

How much money in U.S. dollars would it cost to travel to Japan and see the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

I'm not a weeb, I swear.
>>
It will be a lot of money, probably at least $4,000 depending on how long you'd like to stay and unless you get a deal on airfare.

Tokyo is already one of the most expensive cities in the world, and you have to figure prices will be jacked up for this...Olympic events are already very expensive.

Why would you want to go there during the Olympics?
There will be millions more tourists than normal, prices will be higher, and Olympic sports are generally pointless anyways.
>>
>>1226206
I love travel, and Japan is on my list for sure. And I think the Olympics are fun and exciting :)

But thank you very much for the insight, Anon :)
>>
I hope you're either pretty wealthy or a very, very big fan of the Olympics, because otherwise this sounds like a fucking waste of money

Just the tickets themselves are going to be expensive af
>>
>>1226219
I'm not crazy wealthy, but I can easily save $4000.

And it's not a waste of money if you're having a good time :^)
>>
>>1226222
>I can easily save $4000.
That's probably the bottom end. If you stay in hostels or cheap places, it might be fine.

If you stay in hotels in or near the city center, and especially if you travel outside of Tokyo, it's going to rise.
>>
>>1226222
That probably means that you're a very big fan of the Olympics then, I suppose, and then you're right.

I doubt $4000 will be enough if you want tickets as well as having fun and not trying to be super cheap all the time.

Can I ask what you like about it and what events you want to go to? Like is it just the atmosphere in the host city, or are you rather looking forward to the sporting events and the accompanying shows?
>>
>>1226226
In general, going to a different country. I love sports, especially baseball, and I'm more than excited to see that as an Olympic sport in 2020.

I went to Euro 2012 and the amount of banter, and competition was astounding. I absolutely loved the atmosphere. I don't really know much about Tokyo, but going there has to be pretty lit also.
>>
Big events like that are usually the worst time to really see a city. You'd spend much less money and have a much better time if you watched the olympics on TV and then came a week later.
>>
>>1226263
But I want to see the Olympics
>>
>>1226263
What part of about him trying to see the Olympics, which just happen to be in Tokyo, don't you get? The Tokyo thing is the bonus, not the purpose.
>>
>>1226219
Tickets average 50 USD and almost everything will be under 100. Biggest cost will be the flight, even without the olympics it's 1400 from the east coast during the summer. Hotels will likely be 200/night for a family.
>>
>>1226384
That's pretty different from what others say. Have you ever been to Japan? I want to make sure I'm getting the right info. I hope I don't come off rude.
>>
>>1226407
Nope, I'm going for the first time this year.

I was just disagreeing with the ticket prices part, everything else will be expensive.

I said flight is based on the summer without olympics, so it will be even more expensive, while hotel is based on golden week prices. Other than that you just have venue food and merch that is expensive, existing food and transportation prices don't change much based on Beijing and Vancouver.
>>
>>1226407
I also am interested in attending with a friend. From what we know he can fly out of Copenhagen for 550 (round estimate before the summer travel and especially for the olmypics which we expect will at least double this price when the time comes) and somewhere around 443 flying out of Vancouver - Seattle (again, expedia or anyone else doesn't have the flight data to tell me what the exact price would be to fly out and fly back in July and then August). Our only remaining concern is where we should fly into, whether is it Nagasaki or Tokyo. Any opinions would be appreciated.
>>
>>1226384
>Tickets average 50 USD

But extremely scarce and hard to come by for anything interesting, scalping at pretty high prices. But yes, you can probably get tickets to dressage preliminaries pretty cheap. and that keeps the average down.
>>
>>1226384
Don't you think 50 to 100 bucks is expensive, if we compare it to the entrance prices of your standard sights? I guess that's the most reasonable way to make a comparison
>>
>>1226654
nah man. Yankee stadium tickets can go for way over $100
>>
>>1226927
Yankee games aren't your average tourist activity
>>
>>1226927
Football tickets even more than that. I think it was about $300 for F1 tickets for a week when I went. It is obvious anon talking about prices is not a sports fan
>>
>>1226936
Neither is the Olympics. The comparison is other sporting events. And people do travel for sporting events all the time
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.