[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>looking up TESOL/TEFL jobs >typical locations in Asia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Kurdistan.jpg (21KB, 250x204px) Image search: [Google]
Kurdistan.jpg
21KB, 250x204px
>looking up TESOL/TEFL jobs
>typical locations in Asia pop up
>Japan, China, Hong Kong, Thailand, South Korea
>feeling rather uninspired by these posts
>see an opportunity to teach in Kurdistan

Anyone ever been to the area? The place looks beautiful.
>>
>>1225480
Yeah there isn't even a war going on there at the moment. You will be fine anon, jump on the opportunity.
>>
Since you probably mean Iraqi Kurdistan, just a friendly reminder that it is de jure part of Iraq, and that may or may not be a good thing for your CV.

Also as the other anon said, they are currently at war/ neighbouring a country at war/ a target of violence by nations at war. Not a great idea safety wise.
>>
>>1225487

>Not a great idea safety wise.

I live alone and I'm willing to take the risk.

>>1225482

Technically the isn't raging throughout ALL of Kurdistan, but I get what you're saying
>>
So which country is it in? If you're American you're going to have a bad time with working in Iraq/Iran/Syria on your record, and the Kurds aren't having a great time in Turkey
>>
>>1225617

Iraq, but the northern portion, which is technically its own governate run by the Kurds. The Kurds are actually quite fond of Americans, so I'm not too concerned about it
>>
>>1225487
It's actually de facto part of Iraq, but de jure been it's own nation state for a very long time
>>
Kurdistan is not it's officially it's own country (yet)

The Iraqi part of Kurdistan has been governing itself for a very long time now, but the US still sees it as part of Iraq, and so does most of the world.

The Syrian part of Kurdistan is at the same time, not being governed by Syria, but has a raging war going on right now, with parts being held by ISIS, Syrian opposition forces, Kurdish millitia forces, pro-Assad militia etc

As for the Iranian and Turkish parts of Kurdistan, those have been governed and administered by Iran and Turkey
>>
>>1225682
Quasi-state senpai, nation-state means it has its own borders
>>
>>1225683

Indeed.

I went to Iraqi Kurdistan in 2013.

Back in June, after I broke up with my ex-girlfriend, I had a date across the border in Windsor, Ontario. Since I've never bothered to get an enhanced drivers license, I showed my passport to the Immigration and Customs official on duty.

Smack dab on the front page of my passport were half a dozen entry and exit stamps from Turkey as well as two from the Republic of Iraq - Kurdistan Region. He was very confused about why anybody in their right mind would travel there, even though I explained that I'd done plenty of research and had gone before ISIS became a major news item.

Nevertheless, I was still sent to Secondary Immigration, where I had my entire criminal history dragged up and printed off (I made some stupid decisions as a teenager which look very bad on paper).

I was eventually let into Canada after consenting to a search of my motorcycle and backpack.

The passport stamp definitely raised some suspicions - it always does when I go to Canada.

But still, OP, I don't think you should write off Kurdistan as an option just because some people might get scared when they read "Iraq." I have a writing contract with a law firm, and the fact that I've traveled extensively and to some odd places has meant they entrust me with a load of material relating to refugees and immigrants that they passed other writers over for, even though I'm the youngest and least experienced member of the team.

Go have an adventure, provided you do your research and ensure that you won't be put into a very dangerous area.
>>
>>1225480
>Europe? East Asia? SEA? South America?
>Heh, who do you think I am...... kid..........
>....
>............................
>I'm a REAL TRAVELER
>War zones..... The middle east, the congo..... Tiny south pacific islands with populations under 100..... That is where the wind takes me.............
>>
>>1225973

I kinda liked the Middle East when I was over there. Plus, it seems like a good place to chill out for a year before moving onto the next job
>>
>>1225480
>>1225482
>>1225707
>>1225501
>I am a badboy, who don't avoid war zones ;)

>>1225973
Pretty much this. Middle-East is a shitole, Kurdistan is a super shithole. I have been to poor places with some interesting things to promise. There is no reason to go for war a place with no culture whatsoever, just because you heard it in the news often.
>>
File: images.png (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
2KB, 225x225px
I'm assuming you are going to the Iraqi Kurdustan, I did not go there but people usually finds it chill, ofc there is a risk of being bombed in the center of Erbil but it is not greater than the one in the center of Istanbul.
That being said, I was in the Turkish Kurdistan recently (which I can confirm it is NOT that safe) and I absolutely loved it..the food is great, it's cheap, people were friendly, landscapes are nice.

Go for it OP, get yourself a hot kurdish wife

>>1225973
>>1226244
Pic related
>>
>>1225682
>>1225487
>de jure
You guys play too much Crusader Kings desu
>>
>>1225617
>If you're American you're going to have a bad time with working in Iraq/Iran/Syria on your record
Not if he wants to go work in the CIA or MilInt.

A uni graduate with some experience living in Kurdistan/Iraq and speaking some language is going to look quite attractive to them.

Some international aid organisations would love that too. I know a girl who basically travels around shitholes like this setting up networks and satcoms for UN organisations or independent aid organisations. She's well paid and travels the world. Sometimes even some of the nice parts.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.