[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the single most breathtaking thing you have seen while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 48

It could be:

>Art.
>A building.
>A view.
>Some city streets.
>A historical site.
>Nature.

Etc. What was it lads?
>>
Chinese prices after landing from Japan.
>>
Hard to pick just one thing, to be honest.

The view from Volcan Cerro Negro in Nicaragua was pretty top-notch, as were the rainforests in Colombia. Hiking in the Himalayan foothills in Jammu & Kashmir was incredible as well.

I guess the most "holy shit, I can't believe I'm seeing this" was the Gezi Park protest in Istanbul in 2013. All that happened on my first-ever trip overseas. I'm sure I won't ever forget it unless I get hit by a semi-truck, go into a coma, and wake up with amnesia.
>>
File: 2069651693_ed621161b2_z.jpg (144KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
2069651693_ed621161b2_z.jpg
144KB, 500x375px
I always catch myself going "wow" inside large structures with high/dome ceilings. Be it churches, monuments or even an administration building. Im just in awe of the architectural achievement and how incredible it looks.
>>
Probably flooded St. Marco square at midnight

Also the view from Mt. Nosoko on Ishigaki island
>>
Ayatollah Khomeini's mausolem outside of Tehran.
La Paz as seen from El Alto.
>>
I took a boat trip to Doubtful Sound in New Zealand. We sat at the base of a sheer rock wall that was taller than the Chrysler building. When we got to the inner most part of the fjord, they shut the entire boat down and we sat quietly for 15 with absolutely no man-made noises. It was so quiet I could hear my heart beat.
>>
Northern Lights
>>
I was in Batam, Indonesia, and got a massage. The girl that massaged me was like 18 years old, with a lithe body. But the single most breathtaking thing I have ever seen while traveling, were her tits. They were big for her body but they looked so perfect both in the fact that they looked nice, but on her small frame they still looked like they belonged.
>>
Ulmer Münster
>>
File: ee1.jpg (216KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
ee1.jpg
216KB, 960x960px
Going out in a 4wd from Mesti to Ushguli in Georgia. Firstly the journey to Ushguli was insane and it was one of the happiest days of my life. Then we ventured into the Inguri Valley and at one point, in the middle of the valley, i had this view in front of me...
>>
File: ee2.jpg (119KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
ee2.jpg
119KB, 960x720px
... and this view behind me.
The pictures dont even do half their justice. But it was fucking incredible.
>>
File: 20156967.jpg (6MB, 4847x3209px) Image search: [Google]
20156967.jpg
6MB, 4847x3209px
>>1224747
>>
>>1225171
thanks I just found my dream trip
>>
File: _20170316_135549.jpg (186KB, 720x718px) Image search: [Google]
_20170316_135549.jpg
186KB, 720x718px
>>1224693
Lake Crescent in Olympic National Park. None of the pictures i have taken or seen do it justice, but it's an incredibly clear blue lake (due to a total lack of nitrogen) surrounded by gorgeous mountains.

I dove off a pier into this and could swim with my eyes open completely unimpeded. I realize it's just >murrica but it truly is a special place.
>>
A super hot Colombian stripper in Medellin stripping to the Pink Panther song.
>>
I'm really big on beautiful places that make amazing wines.

>>1224884

I came here to say Marlborough Sound, the view from high up in Picton. God, that country is beautiful... North Island too.

But I had seen pictures, so I kind of knew what to expect. Pictures don't handle a candle to that sight though.

Thinking about it more, what really took my breath away and what I wasn't expecting was seeing Franschhoek. South Africa is beautiful in many places, especially Cape Town, but that was the one place I believe literally took my breath away.
>>
File: 20150531_172242.jpg (845KB, 3792x608px) Image search: [Google]
20150531_172242.jpg
845KB, 3792x608px
When I climbed to the top of a huge mountain in BC on lsd and realized how insignificant I was compared to the earth.
>>
File: DSC_0269.jpg (320KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0269.jpg
320KB, 1600x1064px
>>1224693
Song-Kul lake and the climb up the Pamir Highway were bollock-achingly beautiful.
>>
The views from the Upper Trail at Tiger Leaping Gorge. There was a fair bit of mist hanging around the mountains the day I was there, so it all looked particularly beautiful.
>>
Angkor Wat during sunrise was really breathtaking.
It's pretty generic, but I haven't been to any ancient temple sights or to Rome, Athens etc.
It was just perfect.

When I was a teenager me and my family visited New York City, and first time seeing the skyline of Manhattan from a yellow cab on the way from JFK, it felt so unreal to be there, to see Empire State Building and just all that stuff I've seen in the movies and TV.
>>
>>1225142
This is what travelling is all about. Beautiful.
>>
File: P1080861.jpg (4MB, 2736x3648px) Image search: [Google]
P1080861.jpg
4MB, 2736x3648px
>>1224693
Being inside St. Peter's is stunning. I have been in bigger enclosed spaces (a modern sports stadium is a lot bigger) but the interior of St. Pete's is intentionally designed to be awe-inspiringly huge, opulent and just magnificent.

Close runner up is a display of the aurora in Iceland.

Yellowstone in winter was also just amazing, but it was not really seeing one thig -- it was thr totality of everything over a lot of area and several days.
>>
>>1224743
Have you been in the rotunda of the US Capitol? If not, put it on your list...
>>
One would be a summer night in a forest filled with fireflies. Another would be the winter night with snows sparkling like diamonds under the moon and stars.
>>
File: old faithful yellowstone.jpg (69KB, 811x617px) Image search: [Google]
old faithful yellowstone.jpg
69KB, 811x617px
>>1226539
>>
>Portland's gardens and arboretum
>Amsterdam's red light district as a sexually frustrated 18 year old who lost his virginity one week prior
>Northern California's coast on a sunny day
>collections at Orsay, the Louvre and the Met (I'm an art history nerd)
>Alaska
>>
>>1226566
>Alaska

This, everything about Alaska just gob smacks you.

Mountains that look like paintings, chunks of land the size of Rhode Island that have absolutely nothing man made on them, sunsets that last for five hours, banks that glitter with pyrite and gold.
>>
File: IMG_2070.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2070.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Traveling to Europe for the first time and taking 5 different trains just to see this mountain.

After all the work and hype leading up to it, it was something else to be actually standing in front of it, plus it was Early June so it was the perfect time of the year to see Zermatt
>>
>>1225142
I feel ya, a good pair of titties is just as good as any view on top of a mountain
>>
The end of a pier in San Diego in the evening is one that stuck with me. Nothing but a setting sun and water as far as I could see was a magical moment to me.
>>
>>1226566
>didn't get laid until 18
What a fucking loser, lol
I lost it to a Taiwanese hooker at 13
>>
>>1226624
where do you think you are
18 is pretty good as far as 4chan standards go
>>
File: 1424137191884.png (196KB, 337x404px) Image search: [Google]
1424137191884.png
196KB, 337x404px
>>1226624
also
>losing virginity to a hooker
>calling people losers
>>
>>1226572
But it is usually easier to see them without traveling...
>>
File: sharks galapagos.jpg (28KB, 810x602px) Image search: [Google]
sharks galapagos.jpg
28KB, 810x602px
Swimming through the cut in Kicker Rock in the Galapagos, suddenly it looked like this in all directions. An amazing experience.
>>
>>1226634
Maybe cheaper and less time consuming, but it's definitely easier to get laid in places like Southeast Asia or Brazil as a white dude. Besides, while sex in these regions of the world is definitely a good part of what they have to offer, it's not the only thing to travel for.
>>
>>1225413
Did you see vendors selling weed? And is it hard finding your way around, it seems like the locals are playing some tricks on you, and that it can be generally hard to find the right way sometimes - was that your experience?
>>
sunrise in monument valley and then having the navajo sing some native songs while we sat in a big cave during a thunderstorm
>>
File: Gokyo-lakes-trek-800x400.jpg (127KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
Gokyo-lakes-trek-800x400.jpg
127KB, 800x400px
>>
Probably hiking through Corcovado National Park in Costa Rica and spending two days inside the park.

As for architecture, visiting the Alhambra a cool december morning was dope as fuck.
>>
File: Polish_cutie_from_Tuchola.jpg (1MB, 1704x2272px) Image search: [Google]
Polish_cutie_from_Tuchola.jpg
1MB, 1704x2272px
This. Just a lonely girl sitting by a river in Tuchola Forest, Poland, contemplating her life choices. Probably the cutest girl I saw in 2016.

Never did that feel when no gf hit me harder.
>>
>>1226758
When I was riding a bus in Ecuador, I looked out the window just in time to see a little girl sitting on her porch drop her head into her hands and start crying.

I'll never know what it was about, but it was such a human moment.
>>
>>1225029
I just spent a week in Iceland with the intention of seeing the northern light during my stay. Probably the most amazing thing i saw was before i even landed. I saw the lights from the plane as we approached them and past them. It was crazy how they moved as we went by them. coolest thing i have ever seen. It was very brief however.
>>
File: received_10206882178326826.jpg (216KB, 1334x1000px) Image search: [Google]
received_10206882178326826.jpg
216KB, 1334x1000px
>>1224743
Check out the Notre Dame Basilica in Montreal. Beautiful place.
>>
>>1225171
>>1225172
Fucking beautiful. This reminds me of the view in Iceland while we were snowmobiling on Blue mountain and horseback riding in a valley somewhat near by
>>
File: Kylemore abbey.jpg (407KB, 1444x960px) Image search: [Google]
Kylemore abbey.jpg
407KB, 1444x960px
Driving through the peat bogs and only fjord in Ireland to get here, with the exactly right weather to give maximum aesthetics.
Walking the path to the gardens through a moss covered forest was surreal because I'm from the desert and really believed that such an environment only existed in fairy tales.
>>
Driving on a bus from Mui Ne to Da Lat was the most impressed I've been by natural beauty and I'm from James Bay.
>>
Being inside the sagrada familia in Barcelona literally changed me. I don't know how exactly but pics don't do it justice at all. At one point I was staring up in amazement and my friend was talking to me and I couldn't hear him for a good 10 seconds.
>>
>>1226693
We had the awesome fortune to drive through monument valley when the sun was setting. Well worth the desolate trip.
>>
File: 20160516_150318.jpg (619KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160516_150318.jpg
619KB, 1440x1080px
>>1225200
I visited there last year and met some very friendly ducks who seemed to have a stronghold on the feeding on the specific beach I was at. every time a new person would arrive at the beach the pair of ducks would go and visit them quacking in anticipation of food. when these new humans didn't cough up any food they would go back to roaming the parking lot.

That entire trip around the peninsular was one of the most memorable mini trips I've ever taken. Realized that if you travel alone you can cram so much more stuff into a trip as apposed to catering to other peoples wishes. But then you don't have the company and everything that comes with it.
>>
this probably sounds stupid and cliche and brofag but the most beautiful thing i saw was a peruvian girl i met, and the time she was walking up to me in a park in lima on a humid windy night. she was wearing a dress that was red and purplish colors. she was the most beautiful thing i had ever seen at that point and pretty much up until now. i prefer personal experiences over nature experiences but i just have so much fun getting to know the place when i' travelling i don't do much nature stuff
>>
File: 20140914_091350.jpg (780KB, 992x3792px) Image search: [Google]
20140914_091350.jpg
780KB, 992x3792px
Drove up a mountain with some offroading buddies in british columbia. The clarity of the stars were unreal that night and the weather was damn near perfect.
>>
>>1226862
That's a fuckin' steep mountain
>>
>>1226758
did you talk to her?
>>
>>1226860
Nice. Did you find the diving pier or was it too cold? It was an incredible experience for me.

Where else did you visit in the Olympics?
>>
>>1226926
>talking to girls

m8 pls I'm not Chad McThundercock

Figured she wanted to be left alone anyway.
>>
>>1226961
>he thinks only chads can talk to girls

Jesus christ dude, get a grip
>>
>>1227097
>Some girl is sitting alone in beautiful nature, clearly having an peaceful introspective moment
>I'D BETTER GO TALK TO HER

This is why straight men get a bad rap
>>
>>1227098
I didnt say you/he should, but theexcuse that "im not chad" is fucking pathetic
>>
>>1224693
drinking a beer in the eye of super typhoon paca just looking at the green sky
>>
>>1226926
That seems way too private of a moment to intrude on.
>>
The islands and beaches in Thailand. They were postcard perfect everywhere I went, blew me away.
>>
File: 20160515_185522.jpg (563KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160515_185522.jpg
563KB, 1440x1080px
>>1227098
What if she was thinking "I wish someone new and interesting would enter my life so i wouldn't have to spend so much time by myself". I've certainly had those moments before.

>>1226928
I only spent a half hour around crescent beach chillen at this park, it seemed like an interesting spot but I had to drive home before dark. I went to shelton for a road rally and then after that I went to Quinault lake and bombed around the backroads and checked out the old growth trees. After that I visited Rube beach and then 2nd beach near la push which was an incredible beach and an interesting reserve town, seemed like a place with so much potential. I then drove up to Neah bay and took that wicked seaside road while the sunset and camped there for the night. Next day I visited Salt creek, Crescent lake and stopped in Bremerton to see the old aircraft carriers. /out/ gave me a lot of great reccomendations for this amazing 2 day trip. Next time I'd like to spend some more time around Quinalt, I spoke to a hiker who told me of some awesome hikes in that area.
>>
File: WVmtn.jpg (615KB, 3472x2144px) Image search: [Google]
WVmtn.jpg
615KB, 3472x2144px
My cousin took me on a trip up to West Virginia for a weekend last summer to visit family and friends and spend a do a bit of work around his ex-reform schools mentors house for some extra cash. His house was on a tall mountain in Short Gap right before you got into Cumberland so the scenery up that way was quite gorgeous. After doing the work his mentor gave us permission to go up the mountain even higher to a plot of land that hadn't been built on yet. As we got to the top we were greeted with a view that I had not seen since the day I moved away nearly 4 years prior. It was quiet aside from the birds and wind blowing through the trees nearby. Also rain had passed through earlier so the sky was a mix of different clouds with the scent of petrichor in the air.

Anyway as we took in the sights I got the idea of playing Almost Heaven through my earbuds. Finding a patch of grass to sit in further down I sat down and my mind brought me back to my earliest childhood memories of going to elementary school surrounded by farmland and exploring the woods near my grandparents chalet in the wintertime and even to my first middle school dance. Can't say that I didn't shed a few tears near the chorus but by the end I was dry eyed and took the brief walk back to my cousins car and drove off.

Not much of a traveller but this one hit me in a spot that rarely gets hurt. Pic related too.
>>
File: stonehenge-sunrise.jpg (37KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
stonehenge-sunrise.jpg
37KB, 640x512px
>>1224693
Stonehenge. In the middle of a field for what reason. Made me think about it for awhile.
>>
>>1224693
Ljubljana, Slovenia
I've been to Europe before, but it hit me all of a sudden at a pedestrian crossing in Ljubljana.

People there were so happy, interacting with each other, smiling, laughing. The streets were clean, the air was pleasant, and the city was so pedestrian-friendly.
People gave way on the roads, followed rules.

Pedestrian-friendliness doesn't exist in India. Streets are ubiquitously unpleasant. Everything's so crowded, people are scowling at each other, fighting, spitting. The beggar kids look at you on the street. People die in ambulances no one gives way to.
>>
>>1226796
that's awesome, man!
beautifully captured.
>>
>>1227224
Seriously? Stonehenge is the most bland sight I've ever visited. I didn't choose to go, I was on some language trip to England as a teen and there was an excursion there. You can't go very near and you can see and hear (slightly) a busy road from there. What did you like about it?

We stayed in Oxford and the city itself was 100x more interesting than Stonehenge
>>
File: IMG_8015.jpg (2MB, 3168x2112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8015.jpg
2MB, 3168x2112px
>>1224693
Dagestan. The best place I've ever seen.
>>
I can't say just one.

Pantheon.

Looking at the Tatras covered in fresh snow, snow sitting vertically on everything.

Looking at the Hudson bay during sunrise from a cockpit.
>>
File: sept-19-2016_5.jpg (173KB, 1534x843px) Image search: [Google]
sept-19-2016_5.jpg
173KB, 1534x843px
China took my breath away [literally]
>>
>>1227369
Shit that looks bad
>>
>>1227369
yeah, from top to bottom the country is a fucking shithole. The buildings are all piss poor quality too. Doesn't matter if your property lease is70 years when the building will collapse after less than 20.
>>
>>1227354
How did you go there?
>>
>>1227393
>>1227354
would be curious to hear as well
>>
>>1226773
Nice, I'm going to Iceland for 5 days in a few weeks. I can't wait!
>>
The sunrise seen from the Storr in Scotland, with the sun coming up over the mountains of Applecross.
Either that or the sunrise from the top of the Rock of Gibraltar.
I like sunrises.
>>
>>1227191

Yeah IDK why so many people shit on West Virginia.

The mountains in the summer time are one of the most beautiful sights in the USA
>>
For me it's 2 things:

> When I was 15 I flew to Honolulu, Hawaii because my older brother lived there. On the 3rd day we took a 5hr hike that went to the center of the island right to the highest point. From there you could see all the sides of the island, a full 360 in all directions. You could see all of Diamond head, and all the way down to where surfers were getting into the water. Pretty amazing view.

> At 24 I did a tour of Europe and spent a lot of time in Switzerland. Switzerland in the summer is one of the most beautiful things on Earth. Sheer stunning mountains in the background, rivers everywhere, flowers everywhere, cows, and that german/swiss themed architecture. If you have plenty of money Switzerland is one of the nicest places on the planet.
>>
File: IMG_8802.jpg (3MB, 3168x2112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8802.jpg
3MB, 3168x2112px
>>1227393
>>1227397
Sat in my car and drove for 2 days, kek. Maybe it isn't Tibet but it is something like that, funny and hospitable locals included.
>>
>>1227348
The mystery surrounding the sight will make a curious person interested in thinking up all sorts of ideas of how and why such a thing exists. It's not as easily explained like a geographical landmark or a historical site, even pieces of art have explanations. There's very little know about the purpose of stonehenge, so the mystery arrouses the curiousity, which is an astounding thing to encounter. It's like finding 20 bucks in your sofa when you have no recolection of where it came from or how it got there, but you're happy to find it and curious of how it got there...

I've never been to stonehenge, but it's high up on my list for that very reason.
>>
>>1227854
All fair. However, I've been and it's literally the most disappointing sight I've ever been to.

Not that I had very high expectations, but it really isn't much more interesting than just looking at the pictures - at least you won't hear the busy road nearby.
>>
St peters. It was truly built on an epic scale and the interior blows the fuck out of every other cathedral I've seen. It's even better when you climb up the inside and see the people around below. They looked like ants. So cool.

Otherwise the Alps and the pyranees every time i visit (this summer in the haute Savoie was gorgeous), the blue mosque in Istanbul and some random Romanian village in Transylvania which was picturesque as fuck.

Art, anything by Bosch in the Prado or the Holbein I've seen in the Louvre. I've also been really impressed by the sculptures of Rodin. The museum is incredible.

I wasn't that amazed by the grand canyon. Somehow i just couldn't grasp it's size. It felt a bit like i was looking at a matte painting.
>>
File: sketch-1490390075736.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1490390075736.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
While i was on the east side of Warsaw and saw the this view. I know it doesnt look special but it was kinda for me. The Atmosphere i felt there was like elsewhere. I realy liked Warsaw it is a unique city. The pre war Warsaw and stalinist architecture are really Beutifull(I dont usually like communist architecture). The food was great the people nice and i felt safe. Its hard to see but the highest building in Warsaw had the belgium flag on(I was there on march 22 2016)
>>
The Golden temple in Kyoto on a rainy day.
>>
>>1227468
I agree. Must be the whole drug addicts live there meme that scare people away because it's defiantly a great place to visit. Maybe not to live all year round unless you like going /out/ but if you live near the state I suggest you visit at least once.
>>
>>1228169

See that's my thing. I took a vacation there in the mountains and had a great time.

But I have heard from people who have lived there that it is filled with drug using psychopaths.

But I guess that goes hand in hand with coal mining?
>>
File: P1000422.jpg (6MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
P1000422.jpg
6MB, 4320x3240px
This is probably in the top 10. It was on top of the big fortress wall thing in Lucerne Switzerland.

I rode the glacier express and I saw some extremely beautiful scenery. I couldn't take any good pictures though because the reflection on the window.
>>
File: P_20130520_132548.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P_20130520_132548.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
This place, this pic doesn't even paint the whole picture.
There's no river above, water seeps out from the cracks on the cliff.
>>
Sixtine Chapel and om top of the Chinese Wall
>>
I saw the full moon above the atlantic ocean (I was in an airplane and I swear the moon was huge) as I was taking my first international trip from the US to Europe. It was a beautiful sight and I'll never, ever forget it.
>>
>>1224693
Iguazu Falls
St Peters Basilica
Botero's cat in El Raval
Neapoletan people behaviour while driving, speaking, or just existing(seriously someone should nuke this place, i've been here for 12 days and i already hate it beyond anything else i've seen in my life)
>>
>>1224693
A prostitute in Lima with natural 34HH breasts and big puffy caramel coloured nips.

She was kind enough to offer me GFE and we fucked repeatedly off and on inbetween cuddling and her showing me Facebook pics of all the other places she vacations to (being a prostitute apparently pays quite well). She let me take a pic of her but it was with an absolute shit burner phone that I picked up to use in the country. Not worth posting, the camera barely counts as a camera. I've tried desperately to find her ads again to no avail. I have only memories to fap too.
>>
>>1228239
Dude that is fucking dope. Where is that?? I guess I could probably just google it...
>>
>>1224693
Some piece of desert near Mizpe Ramon, Israel.
+
Georgian mountains
>>
>>1227348
To each their own I guess, when someone above mentioned Angkor Watt sunrise I immediately remembered only Chinese tourist shoving me and others out of the way to take selfies.
>>
When I was living in Kathmandu (as a volunteer), after 2 months and whilst playing football with local friends I suddenly spotted the himalaya mountain range. There was so much smog that I was never able to see them before from KTM.

I think the city of Florence, Italy is something i really fancied as well.
>>
I spent alot of time travelling and homeless. I decided to take my gig to key West, FL and was pleasantly surprised when I got there. There is a small homeless population there and they were helpful. Anyway, at night I would get a couple of big beers and go down and sit by the restrooms on Duval. The sunsets were so pretty. I'd just sit there and soak up how good life could be and then after the sun sets, I go down to the water and get wet, and then go lay down. Even homeless it was one of the best times of my life. Gorgeous scenery and good people that care about each other.
>>
File: gcsr_FEATURED_LOOKOUT.png (736KB, 2000x750px) Image search: [Google]
gcsr_FEATURED_LOOKOUT.png
736KB, 2000x750px
>>1224693

Grand Canyon.
>>
Nothing breath-taking, but I really, really liked Bologna. Always walking under archways has something indescribably comfy about it. It's a city I would really like to live in, sometime.
>>
File: img_2536-0.jpg (2MB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
img_2536-0.jpg
2MB, 3000x2250px
>>1224693
Chapada Diamantia park in Brazil.
A waterfall called Fumaca (Smoking). By the time the water hits the ground, it has all vaporized into mist.
>>
>>1228220
We didn't live in a mining town or one with a history of it yet there were quite a few druggies up deep in the hills and main portion of the town. There was a massive thrift mall in the middle of nowhere that had a sketchy grocery "store" attached to the back with food dated from months prior and a clothing section on the second level. I think there was a bin full of Why did Kai have to leave Hong Kong he couldve stayed with his friend Lok at his apartment and had gotten married so they would of never been seperated ever again but the same anime but can't remember.

Other than the oddities yes it is a fun state to visit.
>>
>>1224693
Did a road trip across the US, some memorable moments:

>In Baton Rouge, right by the Mississippi river as the sun was about to set. Thick layer of fog starts creeping up the river. The sun goes down behind the fog and lights the whole river orange.

>Watching a meteor shower in Death Valley.

>Climbing up a mountain in Glacier National Park and getting that view at the end.

Take me back.
>>
Petite ladyboy with face of an angel, D size tits and 8 inch cock that pumped my ass for hours.
>>
File: IMG_4645.jpg (7MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4645.jpg
7MB, 5184x3456px
>>1224693
I couldn't decide for something reqlly breathtaking since i haven't travelled alot(i've been to like Toronto, Quebec City and Ottawa.) But when i was in the train going to Toronto, we suddenly had a view of one of the great lakes.

It was impressive to see how it's big, it seemed like an ocean.
>>
>>1224693
My son being born. Consider that for a moment. Travelling may very well be enjoyable, but it is naught but a mere triviality in comparison to the moment you become a father- and that can be done in any country, travelling or not.
>>
File: ATK_1348.jpg (402KB, 1087x720px) Image search: [Google]
ATK_1348.jpg
402KB, 1087x720px
Maybe Svalbard in general. Such an amazing place. Especially this view of the abandoned Soviet town with a massive glacier in the background.
>>
File: Lofoten.jpg (952KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
Lofoten.jpg
952KB, 1000x664px
Hiking in Lofoten, Norway.. Camped on a gorgeous white sandy beach surrounded by these insane mountains. Felt so peaceful, so gorgeous.
>>
>>1229058
True enough, but the question specifically asks about travel.
>>
>>1229056
I remember the first time I saw one of the great lakes. I was a kid and my mind was pretty much blown, all I could really think was "It's a lake? But where's the other side?"

I grew up in South Dakota and I'd never been to a body of water that I couldn't see all the way across.
>>
File: ATK_3868.jpg (401KB, 1112x720px) Image search: [Google]
ATK_3868.jpg
401KB, 1112x720px
>>1229169

To me, it's always weird to see the open ocean, because here in Norway, you usually see a narrow fjord. And if you do get to the coast, there's always a shitload of small islands.
>>
File: _DSC9903 Kopie.jpg (3MB, 6016x4000px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC9903 Kopie.jpg
3MB, 6016x4000px
1. Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania
>no photo on my hard drive, currently in Laos
2. Annapurna Base Camp, Nepal
>pic related, OC
>>
Pretty "basic" answers, but I'd have to say Machu Piccu or The Grand Canyon.

Iceland comes close.
>>
>>1227151
>hat if she was thinking "I wish someone new and interesting would enter my life so i wouldn't have to spend so much time by myself".

This, and also, you could just say you're sorry for intruding and ask her if she'd rather be alone and see what she says. You know, communicate with another human being.
>>
Great thread.

>>1228239
Where is this?

>>1228652
LOL

>>1229065
That doesn't look abandoned. Looks brand new actually.Really cool. In the U.S., all abandoned towns I've been to are covered in graffiti and broken glass.
>>
>>1228580
Lmao fucking /p/ related text replacement.

I meant *nothing.
>>
I've got a few:

Machu Picchu
The Pantheon in Rome
First time walking around in NY
>>
>>1225200
I live in port angeles near Lake crescent and have kayaked many times on it, I definitely take it for granted now but it really is an incredible area
>>
>>1228239
There is a place in Arizona that does something like this but nowhere near that scale.
>>
File: 20160606_153730(EDITED).jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160606_153730(EDITED).jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Waterfall located up a stream with quite a bit of hiking
>>
File: 20160610_164651.jpg (6MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160610_164651.jpg
6MB, 4032x3024px
>>1229358
Forgot to mention it was in Tennessee
Another photo from another waterfall in TN (don't know why it's posting upside down)
>>
File: Snow-Peak.jpg (34KB, 324x216px) Image search: [Google]
Snow-Peak.jpg
34KB, 324x216px
Sierra Blanca, New Mexico.
>>
>>1229248

It's not completely abandoned, but the town had a population of more than a thousand before it was abandoned in the 90s. Then it was entirely empty for a few years before they started having a dozen or so people there during the summer. They also reopened the hotel and maintained some of the buildings, so it doesn't look abandoned. That apartment building straight ahead had seagulls living in it.
>>
File: Home.jpg (341KB, 1271x638px) Image search: [Google]
Home.jpg
341KB, 1271x638px
>>1224693
I've been to 34 countries now. The sight that's always stuck with me the most is my home.

Everywhere else there's always something. Some landmark of some sort. A large building, a mountain, trees, a hill.

Home is the only place I've ever found with nothing. Just a waveless sea of wheat as far as an eye can see.
>>
>>1229197
Noice!

I'm going there this year. I heard lots of reports complaining about the trillion chinese doing this trek. Mind sharing your xp?
>>
File: IMG_1947.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1947.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
The Bridge in La Ronda
>>
Kandersteg, Switzerland.

About as nice as it gets. If you rock climb, its Mecca.
>>
>>1229586
For me it's the best hike ever. I went there last october for 9 full days (you can do it in 7-12 days, depending on where you're starting and finishing the trek) and it was an experience of a lifetime. There are some Chinese guys for sure, but in total it's not too busy. I'd say that there're even more Aussies than Chinese people.
>>
>>1229916
that sounds pretty good. Did you have problems getting a place to sleep or whatever village you stopped was having vacancies? Are locals helpful¿
>>
>>1225171
They need to import Lamas.
>>
>>1227469
yeah they are totally at fault for global warming. I get visually upset when the U.S. is even put next to China as world's worst carbon polluter. You're an autocratic country, China, get control of your shit. It's fucking unbelievable really.
>>
>>1229532
fucking kansas or?
>>
>>1229104
that may be my favorite place to go in Norway so far. Fantastic hiking there.
>>
>>1229358

That's burgess falls if I'm not mistaken. I've been there.

I've never been so happy to leave a state as I was to leave TN. I have never seen so much racism, people in relationships cheating, and rough blue collar people, in one place.
>>
>>1224693
The ass of the girl I was traveling with. She wore a thong and I'll never forget it.
>>
i really really loved driving into new york for the first time in the evening from the jersey side. it was way more incredible than i could have imagined.
>>
>>1230182
or far to the north of that
>>
>>1229333
What is it like living out there? How are the people?
>>
>>1229532
It's odd that you marginalize "a mountain" and then act like the only place you can find wheat fields is your house. The reason you've never seen wheat fields anywhere else is because there's no reason to go to thrm, but trust me, they exist all over the place.
>>
>>1230366
Like I said, I've never seen them. Everywhere else in the world I go I see trees, hills, landmarks of any type.
The only other place I've been in the entire world that feels the same as home is the open ocean.
And even there you have the ship and the people on it, always making noise.
>>
>>1230068
I booked a tour and a guide, but if you're experienced you can do it on your own. The people I met never had any problems with staying where they wanted to stay and booked it on the day of arrival - but maybe it's better to book beforehand. Most of the locals on the trek don't speak English, but I guess they can answer easy questions like "Guesthouse?", "Eat?" and so on.
>>
>>1230372
>ive never seen them

Thats because nobody, including you, bothers traveling to Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas or South Dakota. Doesn't mean they don't exist. They are everywhere.
>>
>>1230426
I've been to all of those states. Never found a place as devoid as my home. Never found any other place in Canada either. As I said, only place like it is the open ocean.

9 entire fucking sections where nobody build any structures. 9 square miles where there are no windbreaks, no corners left forested. Almost 6000 acres where the only thing other then wheat is are the dirt roads hidden under the wheat.
>>
>>1230182
>NWKS
What's there?

I live in Kansas but have never been to that corner because the only time I have been that direction was visiting Colorado for Spring Break as is the custom here. Or for road trip to Cali; I don't think I-70 gets that far North.
>>
The asses on ipanema beach
>>
A Cruise ship silently passing Amsterdam Central Station at six in the morning
>>
>>1224743
San zaccaria in Venice. There was a painting immediately opposite the door that was so masterfully done it seemed to glow. And thepartially flooded crypt was amazing

Actually the whole of Venice was super. I felt like I was in an mmorpg not real life
>>
>>1227362
Rome is epic. I can't believe how amazing the Romans were. It was humbling to be somewhere so old yet so modern
>>
>>1227471
Is hawaii worth the long flight from the uk would you say or should I suck it up and just go Caribbean?

And has anyone here been to any other Pacific Islands?
>>
>>1229532
I'd have a screaming panic attack if I woke up there.
>>
>>1228523
Ditto. I loved the food and the comfy atmosphere.
>>
>>1231772
This is the building that affected me the most in the Forum. It's so huge yet it's still just half of what was a gigantic building. There weren't many buildings that weren't religious that could compare in the west until the modern era IMO.

It fucking sucks that the only magnificent buildings we have from the middle ages (apart from a number of wonderful town halls) are all cathedrals.
>>
>>1231774
The volcanoes, tropical plant life, and culture are different from the volcanoes, etc, in the Caribbean, but you should probably go to the Caribbean first.

And I've been to Hawaii (Oahu, Maui, Hawaii), Guam, Saipan, Tinian, and Yap. Someday I will get out to American Samoa, and finish off the list of US territories (with civilian populations).
>>
>>1226758
that's a beautiful pic m8
>>
>>1231815
Oh man youve been loads of cool places!
For a first time visitor where would you suggest for hawaiI?
I'm desperate to go to fiji vanuatu or bora bora somewhere like that. What's Guam like?

I can't decide where to go in the Caribbean there's so much choice. Same with Greece. I get excited looking then give up because I can't choise.
>>
>>1231838
Hawaii? Maui has pretty much everything, except for active volcanoes. Staying on the west side of Maui, and driving up Haleakala and around on the road to Hana is pretty good. But if you have time, or you particularly want to see volcanic activity, you need to also go to the big island. I preferred staying in Hilo, but that is just because I prefer rainforest to desert.

As for Guam, it came across as a cross between Hawaii and Puerto Rico, and with a large military presence. As you might guess, Saipan, Tinian, Guam, and Yap were a single trip. I found the people in Guam and Saipan very friendly -- I think they were glad to see a tourist from the 50 states rather than the usual Japanese tourists. Tinian was mostly about the remains of a massive WWII airbase, including the bomb-loading pits used for Enola Gay and Bocks Car.
Yap is mostly about the stone money and diving. Also, a significant fraction of the people still keep to traditional clothing, so at the airport a couple of topless teenage girls welcome you to the island. This was almost 10 years ago, though.
>>
>>1227098
If we don't say anything, we end up dying alone.

We have to make the first move for civilization to progress.
>>
>>1227965
I went early morning, so very little traffic and no one else around so you could walk over the knee high fence and walk around inside the stones. That was a few years ago, they prolly have cameras there now.
>>
>>1227965
Oddly, different folks have different experiences. I loves all of the Salisbury plane stuff.
>>
>>1228254
>Bolero's cat

Never seen that one, but enjoyed the museum of his stuff n Bogota, and the fat lady in the Old City in Cartagena. There is some quality about the mass and curves in his sculpture that fascinates me -- his paintings not as much.

Then I'm walking around in Dubai, and I'll be damned if there isn't a big fat Botero horse standing there.

Botero liked the fatties.
>>
>>1231777
In wide open space, no one can hear you scream.
>>
File: 0916161756a_HDR-2656x1494.jpg (1MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
0916161756a_HDR-2656x1494.jpg
1MB, 2656x1494px
>>1226568
Can confirm
>>
>>1231777
See, I'm the opposite. I get claustrophobic really, really easily. If I can't see outside I start panicking. From growing up there I guess.
>>
>>1231774

The difference between the Carribean and Hawaii is MASSIVE.

Carribean is relatively flat, with grass and sand.

Hawaii is mountanous, covered in greenery and flowers, and there are many waterfalls and pools.

I have been to many places and Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

Best Islands are:
Oahu
Kauaii
Maui
>>
>>1231774
I've worked at high end business class hotels for 15 years. when someone checked in and was top tier with hilton or marriott. i would ask them where the went of vacation and it was almost always hawaii. Brazil, Colombia, arizona and Vietnam also had frequent mentions. i'm certain they were all millionaires who traveled all year.
Eventually i broke down and went to hawaii. i thought it was amazing. but i'm from the east coast and pretty laid back. i think at least three locals offered me free weed. i air bnb and stayed outside of major tourist areas.
>>
>>1229532
That looks like the end of Gladiator
>>
File: Florence-Italy-3-2.jpg (907KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Florence-Italy-3-2.jpg
907KB, 2048x1365px
>>1224693

Hard to pick just one, but cityscape of Florence came to mind first.
>>
>>1226758
>Hi, i took a picture of you, do you want to see ?
>>
>>1226824
Agreed, the rise to dalat from the main road is very impressive
>>
Stop bullying the australian

regards,
>>
Lmao someone actually reported and deleted my post because it triggered them so much even though it was a legit post

Fucking pussies
>>
Dawn from the hill garden overlooking Prague. It was a pretty mystical sight. Being awake 24 hours probably had an effect too.
>>
File: 20170111_132944.jpg (986KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170111_132944.jpg
986KB, 2048x1152px
Iguazú Falls, both Argentinian and Brazilian sides are amazing
>>
File: jimbaran.jpg (110KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
jimbaran.jpg
110KB, 800x533px
It were two similar instances, both on Bali.

The first was when we were sitting on the beach eating at a seafood restaurant at Jimbaran. I was enjoying my lobster, one of my mates was checking out the planes landing at the airstrip very close and I just loved seeing all the burning lights in the houses on the hills to our left. Must've looked a bit like pic related

But what was really breathtaking was when we were driving the motorbike from Singaraja back to our hotel in Lovina during night time. We were north of a huge mountain which seperates the several parts of Bali and when we drove there was again the same sight with the houses and lights on the high mountains. It was really a moment where you sit and appreciate the beauty of life. Sadly I don't have a picture, but I think it was really beautiful on a personal level.
>>
File: Table mountain.jpg (26KB, 960x211px) Image search: [Google]
Table mountain.jpg
26KB, 960x211px
>>1224693
Not the best pic but for me it was seeing cape town from Table Mountain
>>
>>1224693
>art
>breathtaking

Kek
>>
>>1229587
My goodness
>>
>>1224693
a mirror
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.