[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/. My best friend and I are planning to go on a roadtrip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: shutterstock_2214620021.jpg (994KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_2214620021.jpg
994KB, 1024x768px
Hey /trv/. My best friend and I are planning to go on a roadtrip from Portland to San Francisco and then Los Angeles. Neither of us have been outside of Oregon before, so what are some things worth seeing/doing in both cities (or really, California in general)? We're both up for anything, we really only have pic related in mind and some record stores.
>>
File: 1487842523310.jpg (66KB, 640x414px) Image search: [Google]
1487842523310.jpg
66KB, 640x414px
>>1224657
record stores
>101 music
>1234 go
>groove merchent
>Aquarius
>rasputian
>amoeba
> go to oakland hills and hike around huckleberry park its mostly woods or drie s. east to mt diablo, go to mthe mission in sf for burritos, san jose on a sunday for the flea market. not as good as it use to be buty still worth checking out. hang out in oakland when you get tired of over paying for everything in sf and drink yourself to death at the craft beer bars
>>
>>1224657
Definitely stick to Hwy 1
>>
File: el cap winter.jpg (1MB, 1286x1714px) Image search: [Google]
el cap winter.jpg
1MB, 1286x1714px
definitely do not stick to hwy 1

a few /out/ ideas
>lassen
>tahoe
>yosemite
>kayaking in monterey
>marin headland batteries
>big sur
>joshua tree

when are you coming, and how long will you be here?

pic from a week ago in the valley
>>
>>1224681
Starting the 24th and coming back around April 2nd. Kind of worried of how much we can really do in only one week. Joshua tree and Big Sur look cool as fuck though, thanks for the ideas.
>>1224673
Definitely gonna try to go to Amoeba, will check out the rest as well. Flea market also sounds pretty chill.
>>
File: sd view.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
sd view.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
>>1224684
with that short pick either northern california or southern californis, don't try to do both. considering it's an 11 hour drive each way from portland-sf i'd suggest northern california for this trip, save southern california for when you have enough days to break the drive into more than 1 day. sf/oakland/berkeley/monterey/yosemite/marin headlands will more than fill your time, no matter what you're into. another yosemite pic, because that's what i'm into. a couple novembers ago.

and really, don't take hwy 1. it's beautiful, but not worth the 6 hour premium on driving considering the nearby coasts you have.
>>
>>1224690
This.

Northern California and Bay Area guy here. Driving from Portland to LA, round trip, in one week? Forget it. Don’t be foolish.

Since you’re into hiking, consider visiting these places, they offer cool trails with amazing waterfalls:
-Mount Shasta
-Upper, Middle, and Lower Falls in McCloud
-Burney Falls
-Mossbrae Falls

But if you could go hiking in only ONE place, Big Sur is #1. It's amazing.

And check out Monterrey if you have a chance. A real nice town with beautiful scenery.

I’m guessing you’re in your late teens/early 20’s, so I’d obviously suggest San Francisco. There is a shitfuck ton of things there, and Amoeba Records in the Haight & Ashbury district is the most popular record shop, with lots of used movies and music, memorabilia, etc.. Walk up and down Haight Street too, it's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPS9bEEEEs0&t=2428s

I’m happy to answer any more questions.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.