[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greyhound thread! Post your funny or memorable greyhound experiences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: sleepgreyhound.jpg (48KB, 816x541px) Image search: [Google]
sleepgreyhound.jpg
48KB, 816x541px
Greyhound thread!

Post your funny or memorable greyhound experiences here. I'll start:

Bus driver left me at the Canada/US border because my questioning took too long.
He didn't even say a word, as I went out, he was already gone.
A driver from another company took me the rest of the way to Seattle for free.

Had to use this shit company 3 more times before I left the continent.
>>
I have taken Greyhound four times now and almost everything has been fine.
The only negative so far was a 2 hour delay in getting from Boston to Montreal.

The only weird experience I've had so far was waiting for a ride out of New York for Boston at midnight.
>get water from a water fountain
>two guys behind me start to argue and nearly fight over who is next
>tons of homeless people sleeping around, asking me where I am going
>>
>That time I had a transfer in Atlanta
>The bus station is next to the infamous "Magic City"
>There is an extravagant pimp close to me in line with a pimp cup/goblet, and a shiny suit.
>>
Some old black guy sat down and started talking to me at the Buffalo stop when I was coming back to NYC from Canada. He said it was his birthday and just kept talking. Eventually he asked if he could "help me out" and I realized he was asking if he could suck my dick for money. Quickly killed that convo and told him to move on.

I had another suspicious dude sit next to me and I was weary of passing out since he seemed like that kind of try and ruffle through my pockets. Luckily he passed out and stopped talking crazy to me.

The worst was I was planning to catch a red eye from Ohio to NYC that would have taken ~12 hours. The bus comes in and is obviously full. One of the morons working for Greyhound took my bag and the bus was about to leave. I yelled at the dude and you could tell high school was just the place where he got free meals. Took me a few minutes for him to actually understand the bus was full and my bag being in the bottom of the bus would make no sense. End up waiting another 3 hours for the next bus and the entire trip took double the amount of time as it was supposed to. That was the last time I ever took Greyhound. Fuck the bus. It's where poor people who want to fly go
>>
Some dude got stabbed to death and eaten on a Greyhound.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Tim_McLean
>>
>>1224662
>It's where poor people who want to fly go
That's Amtrak. Greyhound is in fact the cheapest, but on that route, it's probably because the Megabus doesn't run through Ohio to NYC anymore.
>>
>>1224688
That guy was recently released from the loony bin. Canadian legal system is wacky.

I had a 4 hour bus ride between parents every 2 weeks for like 3 years. A lot of the time they didn't even have a damn movie on those shitty buses so I'd try and distract myself with pokemon as much as I possibly could. Now that I think of it, it was kind of sketchy that my parents made me do this alone when I was 12 years old.

One of the scariest moments is when a couple sat in front of me and tthe women kept nagging the guy and it became very apparent that this wasn't a proper relationship and the guy wanted to dump this bitch off at the next stop. They got in a heated arguement and the guy tried to sit at the front of the bus but the women followed him and kept trying to bring up whatever bullshit they were fighting over(I think they got together a few weeks before this bus ride and the guy was sick and tired of her). Eventually the girl came back to the bus and gave me 5 bucks to switch seats with her so she would have the backseat and I decided to sit in front of her with a big ass bag full of christmas presents. During the next stop they both got off the bus and started yelling at each other, but when we board the bus again they seem to have sorted out their differences so they sit in the back again. About twenty minutes go by and they're chill and quiet, but then the guy starts forcifully making out with her. The girl keeps telling him she doesn't want to, but the guy sweet talks her and eventually convinces her to go into the bathroom with her. They both go into the bathroom and within about a minute they start argueing in the bathroom and then the girl barges out of the damn bathroom and goes to the bus driver to stop the bus. The guy clumsily chases her with his friggen pants around his ankles, he gets to the bus and they start argueing. The girl then tosses the guy off the friggen bus and they just start ripping each other apart, yelling and screaming.
>>
>>1224705
It's minus 20 and there's 2 feet of snow on the side of the road yet these two who are in t-shirts and pants rip into each other outside the bus for a good 10 minutes, The women continues to push the guy into the snow bank and he keeps trying to get back on the bus but she won't let him. Eventually she tells the bus driver to get their shit for them and leave them there. The guy complains that he doesn't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere literally the day before christmas with this crazy bitch. She tells him "Maybe you shouldn't have knocked me up with that little pecker". The entire friggen bus overhears this and gasps. I get their bags and bring them to the front and witness the guys jaw has literally frozen open, I think this is both the first time he has heard of this shit and it might be the worst news he has ever recieved in his life. She then tells him she's gonna keep it.

After giving them the bags the girl thanks me and tells me never to be a piece of shit like this guy. I go back to my seat and we leave the couple there, in the middle of fuckin nowhere in minus 20 weather with nothing but 2 small bags. Don't even think they had coats...

Sorry for the huge block of text
TLDR:Crazy ass couple fight, break up, get back together, try and fuck in the bathroom, then we leave them behind in the cold in the middle of nowhere after some wicked shocking news from the woman...
>>
>>1224645
I took the Greyhound once when I decided to go visit my father during school break. I'm in Arizona and he's in Georgia. It was sort of short notice, so flights were real expensive. I noticed that if I took a Greyhound there and then bought a one way flight back, I'd save like $400 or so over doing buying a round trip.

I will never do it again. The trip took about 3 days and it was miserable. The constant layovers and mandatory stops exhausted me as I couldn't really get any sleep. For some odd reason, every bus terminal seems to be located in the sketchiest part of whatever town you happen to be with. Real stabby vibe. By the tail-end of my trip, I met a real friendly guy. We started chatting when we found out we were both from Chicago. After a few hours, he confided to me that he was a gang member back in Chicago and the reason he was taking the trip was to get away. He was kind of vague, but he made it sound like he somehow messed up badly and the police or somebody wanted him. His plan was to homestead in Georgia. He had like two .380 pistols on him. Told me all sorts of stories about drug dealing and whatnot. Showed me some of his tattoos, and scars from being stabbed. In Atlanta, he left the station to try to buy some drugs when the dealer tried robbing him at knifepoint. He pulled out one of his pistols and the guy dropped everything in his hands and took off running. He was laughing about it back on the bus and was showing off the pack of cigarettes the dude dropped. Crazy guy but he was so charismatic and endearing, I couldn't help but like him.

Also, the service is shit. I wouldn't recommend Greyhound for anything longer than a six hour trip, and even then, I'd rather drive. 3/10, would not Go Greyhound again.
>>
>greyhound station in kamloops
>gotta drop a fatty deuce
>station bathroom is dirty as fuck
>only working toilet has no door lock
>fat white guy opens door as Im shitting
>he saw my benis dangling between my legs
>no homo tho

Another time a girl fell asleep on my shoulder, I think it was because I'm kinda fat and my arm was like a big pillow
>>
>>1224707
>The entire friggen bus overhears this and gasps.

>A couple making a scene with violence, introduction to rape, no reaction from the American crowd
>"We had sex!"
>HOW DARE YOU
Murrica.
>>
>>1224872
>Got on in Bakersfield, headed for San Diego
>There's a bunch of newly released prisoners at the back of the bus.
>They are sing Otis Redding songs and harmonizing nicely because they're glad to be out of jail and don't wanna go back.
>Overall, better than expected.
>>
>>1224707
Did you become a piece of shit like that guy?

>>1224898
Fuck yeah. That's some top tier Jerry Springer shit right there.
>>
>>1224645
>fill up 711 cup with some booze and soda
>use bathroom as much as possible before trip
>set up chromebook
>pop on headphones and anime
>sip drink until I get to destination

greyhound exists for a reason and is cheap for that reason. I'd only do a 1 trip without multiple stops or exchanges, because that's where shit can get fucked up easy.
>>
>>1224688
>The family of Tim McLean have brought a lawsuit of $150,000 against Greyhound, the Attorney General of Canada, and Vince Li.
>On February 16, 2011, two passengers, Debra Tucker, of Port Colborne, Ontario and Kayli Shaw, of London, Ontario filed a lawsuit against Li, Greyhound, the RCMP, and the Government of Canada for being exposed to the beheading. They are each seeking $3 million in damages. On July 14, 2015, the two women have dropped their lawsuit.
Something about those numbers seem very wrong.
>>
File: DSC_0227.jpg (440KB, 2144x1424px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0227.jpg
440KB, 2144x1424px
I've only taken a greyhound once roundtrip so far. Wife and I hoofed it from MSP past Bemidji close to the border of Canada to relax at a cabin at the lake one summer, pic related.

>We find the bus station, as another noted, it's in a fairly sketchy part of town per corporate rules, but in the day so doesn't seem that bad.
>To get directions, I asked a cop because he had to get so many calls there
>Floor of the station is lined with degenerates who seem to be protesting chairs for some reason
>Luckily our bus isn't even at half capacity, the busfolk won't be that bad on this trip.
>At one of the stops, some tall skinny ass guy in his fifties, kind of looks like a college professor is getting on.
>I see him get on with a bicycle helmet, biking across state, ok, cool
>He leaves it on while riding the bus with a row to himself, not sure if that is normal for this part of the country
>Bus makes a half hour stop at the heart of 'Murica, McDonald's. People get off to eat, use bathroom, etc.
>Some black guy gets back on, holding a 4 piece box of chicken nuggets and drops it off on an empty seat next to a 16ish year old 7-8/10 girl who stayed on the bus
>"A girl has gotta eat" he casually says to her as he slinks away
>She was confused, but quietly thanked him as the chicken nuggets cooled on the seat for the rest of the ride
>Later on, the guy with his helmet still on gets off the bus
>Where is his bike???
>What the fuck is the helmet for!?!?!?
>>
File: ngbbs44a7c2ce4ef6e.jpg (8KB, 171x194px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs44a7c2ce4ef6e.jpg
8KB, 171x194px
>>1225003
>>What the fuck is the helmet for!?!?!?

maybe he wasn't number 1 in thinking?
>>
>>1224872
Heh, I've been in that same piece of shit bus depot. I had to wait there for 2 hours once and they told us we weren't allowed to leave the bus depot. Felt like a twilight zone type scenario where the only zone we could exist in was this piece of shit bus depot straight out of the 80's. There was a few moments when the entire bus depot was completely silent yet 20 people were inside of it. Annoyingly spooky.
>>1224898
This happened in saskatchewen, canada. \
>>1224951
I think i'm doing alright, haven't had to endure anything close to the wacky situation i posted earlier.
>>
My Trailways bus went on fire when I was returning back to college a few months ago. I was in the rear of the bus when it started to smoke. http://www.recordonline.com/news/20161012/nobody-hurt-when-bus-catches-fire-on-thruway
>>
>>1224645
>going from upstate ny to brooklyn
>realize i forgot my phone at work
>stressing
>have my mom go to my work
>over nights it to brooklyn
>salty af looking at everyone on their tablets/phones/laptops
>praying no one sits next to me
>please please please no
>6/10 girl sits next to me
>sure
>both end up having broken wrists
>me bmxing
>her rock climbing
>talk about dumb shit untill we get to NJ
>she leaves
>i sit in anxiety
>get off bus
>some how find my way to friends house
>>
>>1225003
I hope you had a good summer over here. It can get pretty rainy, but other than that it's relatively nice.
>>
>>1226469
Thank you, it was awesome. Last July/August I believe. Not much rain, skeeters weren't swarming, humidity was very bearable. I remember an amazing display of lightning one night. The people and little towns were delightful as always. We saw the Dragon boat races and got to explore much of downtown Bemidji and Walker, loved the comfy hometown food. Somehow stumbled across a lone coffee roaster where nursing home residents bag and sign each unit, nice touch.

The old railroad tie built cabin we stayed at kind of freaked me out though. Although we got tipsy at a local brewery, we took back plenty of beers, but only while in the cabin we couldn't even get buzzed. Also, the microwave and oven couldn't keep time, and my wrist watch kept running slow, battery never died. We once stepped out and got pretty dizzy at once. Not superstitious, but was very curious if that cabin was built on tribal land or something.
>>
>>1224645
OP's pic is perfect.

>me on the right
>light weight clothes so I don't overheat (should be looser though)
>pillow
>not even any pockets to pick
>ID/wallet in locked bag
>luggage key on thong around neck
>sleep through the trip

Also:
>fit well dressed guy
>9/10 qt3.14 photobombing
I hope they banged in the back seat to kill time, that's the other way to survive long trips like this and those seats look like they have shitloads of room to make out in.
>>
Alcoholics.
>>
>>1227165
>not even any pockets to pick
So thats why the black dude looks so salty.
>>
>>1227238
Anyone sitting next to you in underwear would make an oversexed RuPaul salty.
>>
>>1224898

... the shock was clearly not that they had sex, which had already been shown by no one gasping when they came out of the bathroom, but shock that she knew she was pregnant and had revealed it to the man in front of fifty strangers. nobody was saying "how dare you", they were saying "oh shit i wouldn't want to find out i was a father like that"

you fucking fucktarded fuckwit.
>>
>>1224714

>every bus terminal seems to be located in the sketchiest part of whatever town

this is not an accident. city planners insist on locating bus terminals far away from the nice parts of town. bus terminals are believed to attract scum and politicians don't want the nice people downtown to notice there's scum in the city.

i mean, they're not wrong, bus terminals do tend to attract weirdos and crime. but it's also kind of a vicious circle - if you always put the bus terminals in the worst parts of town, you're going to encourage criminal interactions and hobos and shit being in the bus terminal.

there was a big scandal here in Boise when they tried to put in a better bus terminal near the capitol and the mayor and governor freaked out and demanded they keep "those people" away from the dandy politicians who would presumably piss themselves if they accidentally noticed a poor person on the way to work.
>>
>>1227282
>RuPaul
I don't know this meme. Is this Louisianian code for something?
>>
File: rupaul-02.jpg (135KB, 620x515px) Image search: [Google]
rupaul-02.jpg
135KB, 620x515px
>>1227445
>Not knowing the name of the most fabulous drag queen ever
>>
The LA station is so awful. Like smack dab in the middle of Skid Row, the place with the largest homeless population in the US.

The buses are okay but the area is sketchy as fuck even in the broad daylight.
>>
>>1227460
I know the names of a few drag queens, not that one.

I'm not sure how dude in OP is a drag queen though.
>>
>>1227528
I thought that the Union Station was the new bus terminal.
>>
I took a greyhound coming from Montreal into the US and crossing the land border was a bit of a pain in the ass (but possible) with an EU passport and no prior ESTA registration.

I didn't even know what crossing a real land border was like having travelled only within Europe before, though I pissed a few people off because we were already late.

Btw, what am I supposed to put down on their ticket form when I have neither an address in the US nor an American phone number? I just went putting their own phone number down. They can call themselves to tell them how stupid this shit is.
>>
A few years ago, I took the overnight Greyhound from Vancouver to Portland, with a stop off in Seattle.

The trip itself was OK, but Seattle Greyhound Terminal was sketchy as fuck, like something out of a Tarantino movie

>flickering fluorescent strip lights
>grubby white tiled walls
>fat, butch janitor who looked like a prison warden mopping the floor
>crazy drunk man talking absolute horseshit about the time he refereed a boxing match with Muhammad Ali
>human shit on the toilet floor
>two bums fighting
>went out for a cigarette and found a pile of needles
>>
Anyone have a positive experience? I took the bus from coast to coast, three days of driving time and I really enjoyed it. Might have been a few sketchy moments but overall I had fun.
>>
Just found out part of the Greyhound callcenter is in Colombia wew Iads
>>
>>1229635
The only bad experience I've had is a ~ 30 minute delay.
>>
>>1229635
i had this dude on a 90 min ride talk to me about drugs nonstop...was a black drug dealer from the inner city not a crackhead so it was cool tho, i learned a lot. good experience for a suburbian white kid.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.