[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/ Amerifag here. I have always been fascinated with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: American.jpg (80KB, 720x588px) Image search: [Google]
American.jpg
80KB, 720x588px
Hey /trv/ Amerifag here.

I have always been fascinated with travel, and I am itching to finish up this semester of university and save up for my first international trip. But seeing as I've lived in the United States all my life, only ever leaving to go to Quebec City once, It's safe to say I don't know shit.

Because I don't know shit, I would like to ask a couple questions to my /trv/ anons from around the globe.

First, I have to ask about the general opinion of Americans around the world. I'm curious to know if people started to think less of us because of our current representation in leadership (Trump). Personally, I don't care too much though, because politics is a meme, but I know people think Americans are hot headed culturally insensitive idiots. And I doubt recent happenings have done much to ease that stereotype.

Second, I'm from Massachusetts, I feel like I have a standard American accent and not the accent that everyone in a 50-mile radius of Boston has in every movie ever. Where will I stick out like a sore thumb? Are there some places that like American accents? I only speak English, so I would like to not to have to prepare to be a citizen and master the language. But I'm willing to learn key phrases and conversational elements of a language once I decide to go there. The climate of Mass is pretty shit most of the year, so I am trying to go somewhere where It's not snowing during December thru January, since this is the time I am planning to take my trip.

Lastly, I'm mostly interested in going to Western Europe or now after reading a lot from /trv/ Korea, SEA, or Japan. But I'm a broke boy (shooting for a 2-2.5k USD budget for the whole thing) so Japan may be a stretch. My question is with Asia mostly but I guess Euro too, Do the locals (especially women) hate white pigus from the United States? Noticing a lot of people bashing white men specifically in my country, just because were white dudes and our ancestors were dicks I guess.
>>
If you read all of this, thank you, I know it's a lot to ask and I'm a retard but what the hell.
>>
People don't care about your president, if anything they might like you now because of trump. Americans are a mixed bag, you don't seem like a dudebro so you might be okay. You seem kinda cucky though.

Do SEA, it's the only country you can do for a decent amount of time. Thailand is probably your best bet, a vast majority of the people speak english, there is western comfort food everywhere if you need it, but thai food is great and you can get a meal of pad thai from a food cart for $2 or so. Whites are fine in Thailand, they have so many tourists they actually like white people to a degree. As for the local women, you should have no dramas, and if you do there are plenty of ladies of the night around.

Depending on what you want to do, Thailand will have you covered, it's got a huge city, beaches and islands everywhere, jungle and the 'beaten path' up north.

If you are backpacking you can probably last 3-4 weeks on 2.5k, maybe more depending on how often you drink. Which if you are young I assume that is what you want to do. That also gives you a lot of money to travel around the country.

Let us know what you are looking for in your travels so we can help further.
>>
>You seem kinda cucky though.

Ahaha, most likely, I come from liberal Massachusetts.

>Thailand is probably your best bet.

Yeah, I thought so, seems most anons here have nothing but nice things to say about it. I really wanna see some ancient ruins and shit on the weekdays, and spend the weekends trying my luck in the city, was thinking Pattaya because Bangkok may be too many people for me, seeing as Boston has less than a million people living there. And I'm 19 so I'm obviously curious about whores because they're so taboo in the States.

>If you are backpacking you can probably last 3-4 weeks on 2.5k.

Backpacking seems very very enticing, but I have no idea what type of supplies or precautions I should take before doing so. Also, I would only want to be there for two weeks max.

>Maybe more depending on how often you drink.

How much does the average beer or fancy drink cost in USD?

And lastly what is the average size of people in this region? I'm 6'4" 260, and I feel like that'd be pretty unusual and maybe off-putting but I don't know.
>>
File: avg-thai.png (250KB, 344x642px) Image search: [Google]
avg-thai.png
250KB, 344x642px
>>1224003
>And lastly what is the average size of people in this region?
lmao
>>
>>1224044
Well shit ahaha
>>
>>1224047
For the record Sharky is apparently 6'1" so you're gonna be towering over people, but they'll probably be used to it since there's apparently tons of white people there.

I've never been but want to and have similar concerns, I'm 6'4" and 250lbs lol.
>>
File: norman android trek mudd.jpg (100KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
norman android trek mudd.jpg
100KB, 500x281px
>>1223996
>First, I have to ask about the general opinion of Americans around the world.

Haven't been out in the world since the innauguration, but the general question is asked a lot -- I've not been everywhere, nor met everyone, of course, but as an older guy who has been around a decent amount, I can recall two occasions when I encountered somebody who expressed any dislike for Americans. One was a French guy in Thailand who was mad at me specifically over soemthign not related to nationality but threw "you Americans" in because he needed a longer rant, and the other was an American who thought the local people might like him better if he said how much he, too, hated Americans. In general, people like you if you are likable, and find Americans who are not sdicks to be interesting and threat them well. If you are a dick, they tend to ascribe that to "American."
>Second, I'm from Massachusetts, I feel like I have a standard American accent

Never met anybody from Mass. with a SAA, but it doesn't matter. Learn a few words of the local language, at least -- please, thank you, etc. I like learning "I am sorry, I don't understand, I only speak English" as a useful phrase,plus it is fun to watch children try to decipher how you are saying that to them in their language when you say you don;t know their language... Pic related ensues...

>Lastly, I'm mostly interested in going to Western Europe or now after reading a lot from /trv/ Korea, SEA, or Japan. But I'm a broke boy (shooting for a 2-2.5k USD budget for the whole thing) so Japan may be a stretch.

I'd think so.

>My question is with Asia mostly but I guess Euro too, Do the locals (especially women) hate white pigus from the United States?

Not unless you act like a jerk. And everybody "likes" a guy who is spending money.
>>
>>1224044
>5'9 vs. 5'10.5"
>>
File: varg.jpg (15KB, 193x236px) Image search: [Google]
varg.jpg
15KB, 193x236px
>>1223996
Stop tipping in foreign countries. Tipping culture doesn't exist outside of the US and by tipping you're creating entitled third-worlders and forcing down local wages.
>>
>>1225543
This.
>tfw when after seeving shit food guy sits down at your table and says you forgot his tip.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.