[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/SQT/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 17

File: dumb-questions.jpg (44KB, 460x362px) Image search: [Google]
dumb-questions.jpg
44KB, 460x362px
Since there's no thread right now, let's get one going. For renting a sublet, what's a good payment method other than credit?
>>
>>1222007
Cash. Perfect for you and the person subletting since they're probably not allowed to do that 'officially'.
>>
When going to a big city should I bring a backpack or a duffel bag?

I have a car, idk if that matters

And also, how should I get around town? My car? A bus?
>>
File: europein2009.jpg (87KB, 880x629px) Image search: [Google]
europein2009.jpg
87KB, 880x629px
Embarrassed to ask but I have four months off later this year and want to travel around Europe. As an American, can I move between countries easily without a visa? Like can I just show my passport and walk across the border between France and Belgium without having to do anything extra?
>>
>>1222050
There's no border between them, no one will ask for your passport unless youre getting on a plane.

But yes you dont need a visa within the EU as an american.
>>
>>1222052
Awesome, thanks anon
>>
>>1222050
>>1222055
>four months

Careful now. Your maximum limit visa-free is 90 days. Don't overstay.
>>
>>1222076
I don't intend to but what would happen if I went to the airport to go home after staying more than 90 days?
>>
>>1222007
There's a thread for this but it has a retarded name, probably because some stubborn autist was responsible for creating the acronym.

>>1218922
>>
File: europe US stay.jpg (2MB, 4562x4787px) Image search: [Google]
europe US stay.jpg
2MB, 4562x4787px
>>1222078
>what would happen
You could be banned from re-entering any EU country in the future, if they cared enough to tell you something about it.
You could spend your last month between Denmark and the UK if you want to remain law abiding, or exit through Denmark and say you spent your last month there if they bother to ask. You get the idea.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_United_States_citizens
>>
File: 1440803888110.jpg (114KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1440803888110.jpg
114KB, 612x612px
>>1222016
So how would the contract work? I don't want to get scammed here.
>>
>>1222153
the problem is nobody answer anymore there
>>
>>1222025
Depends on how much you need to carry. I'd say backpack because fuck carrying an awkward duffel bag everywhere.
>>
Since this thread seems to be receiving some answer, I'll ask here again.

Thoughts on buying plane tickets OTC?
Is it a good idea? Is it more expensive in general?

I'm thinking about a situation where you can't buy online for whatever reason (your CC was stolen, you reached your CC limit, the company won't accept debit online, etc).
>>
>>1222055
Google "Shengen," though. Not everybody in Europe is playing.

I'm not sure if "visa runs" outside of Shengen but inside Europe do anything for your 90 day problem, >>1222076 -- I'd guess they do, but somebody who has more than a guess can chime in.
>>
File: airline bingo 3.jpg (88KB, 500x608px) Image search: [Google]
airline bingo 3.jpg
88KB, 500x608px
>>1222256
You talking about "day of travel" buying? I'd avoid that.

If you mean "buying in advanced like normal, but doing it in person for cash," I have no idea how that might impact things. Ask your airline?
>>
>>1222007
Flying is expensive, how do I make it less expensive.

I live in the United States of America.
>>
>>1222234
That's the thing about sublets. The person allowing the sublet is a tenant himself, and in all probability he is not going to put himself at legal risk with a paper trail.

You either deal with it, or you rent a more legitimate room.
>>
File: do the right thing.png (334KB, 1186x379px) Image search: [Google]
do the right thing.png
334KB, 1186x379px
>>1222025
I will tell you this based on personal experience: Bring a fucking backpack. A standard backpack.

If you plan on walking for more than 10 consecutive minutes, you're gonna want- no, NEED the even weight distribution. A standard backpack with two shoulder straps will get the job done fantastically.

Most duffel bags are single-sling or carry-handle, so only one of your shoulders will be taking most of the weight.

I fucked over my shoulder on my last trip. No severe injuries, but the pain I had to endure was largely inconvenient. I wasn't even carrying a duffel bag; I was actually using a non-standard backpack with one shoulder strap (they have numerous names, like sling bag, teardrop bag, triangle bag, monopack, etc.).

If you love your body, you will use a fucking backpack with two shoulder straps. Hell, get one with hip straps.
>>
>>1222333
Nice double trips.

>How cheaper.

Read sticky. Use cheap fare sites online. Use budget airlines. Go places that have cheap flights. Go off season. Accumulate miles by travel or travel-linked credit cards. Go by train.
>>
>>1222284
It's possible to get around the 90 day limit by going to UK or some Balkan countries. However, just exiting and re-entering won't rest the 90 day counter. It's 90 days out of the last 180.
>>
>>1222234
> contract
Erm, so I currently pay $400 a month for rent including utilities.

There never was a contract, he offered. And I took him up on the deal. Every month on the 21st he sends me a text fir the rent and stops by, then I hand him the cash from the arm.

Admittedly there IS a big chance for getting screwed over here but I guess I've gotten lucky. Probably because the dude knows if he tries to jack up the price anymore I could leave and go someplace nicer now. I don't know what to say other than you have to accept risk. Also this gives him tax free income
>>
>>1222007
I feel like I've been throwing money away because I don't have a travel credit card with points and miles.

Should I get one? If so, which one?
I have no credit and I'm scared of annual fees!
>>
>>1222384
>>1222686
Ok, thanks guys. Any issue with paying the entire fee at the beginning? It would be about $2400 for 4/5 months.
>>
>>1222722
>I don't have a [travel] credit card
>Should I get [a credit card]?
>I have no credit
Well, what is one very common way to build credit? Take a guess.
>>
>>1222793
A housing mortgage.
>>
>>1222007
I'm a robot and I want to go alone to some place warm except I wont like be talking to people and makeing friends and shit wherever I go so I'd feel akward if I went to florida or california or las vegas so where should I go
>>
I'm flying KLM (first time flyer) in a bit over a week, and I need something for carry-on luggage.

I wanted to get something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cabin-Max-Oxford-50x40x20cm-Luggage/dp/B00M0P1TUI/

But it's 50x40x20, and the KLM rules are 55x35x25. I assume they're pretty strict with regards to this stuff?
>>
When my 90 days in europe are about to expire, can i leave the eu and return immediately to reset the 90 days??
>>
>>1222967
No.
>>
>>1222976
how long do i have to wait to return to europe?
>>
>>1222977
The 90 out of 180 days rule. Meaning that at any point in time, in the last 180 days you are allowed a max of 90 days. So if you stayed in Schengen the full 90 days, you would need to wait another 90 days before going back.
>>
How expensive is it on average to check luggage at the airport on the day
Can airlines basically tell me to basically fuck off and that my bag cant be checked?
>>
File: 1464415543391.jpg (13KB, 350x334px) Image search: [Google]
1464415543391.jpg
13KB, 350x334px
Best foreign place to an hero in?
>>
>>1223071
Climb Mt. Everest
>>
>>1223077
implying i have 80k
>>
>>1223071
I'd hike out into the Sahara, so even if I chickened out I'd die of thirst on the way back.
Either the Mountains of the Hoggar or the center of the Richat Structure look like nice places.
>>
File: 1419407909369.jpg (32KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
1419407909369.jpg
32KB, 300x375px
Hey, /trv/. I'll be going on a holiday with an anon I know quite well at some point in July for about two weeks. We'll be spending some time in France (arriving in Paris), Germany, and the Netherlands before returning home to Bongland. I'm a bit worried I'll die or get horribly injured given recent events. It will also be my first time flying, and he's too cheap to pay the extra £4 to sit next to me, so I'll be sat next to complete strangers for two hours.
I guess I have a few, probably really retarded, questions
>do you have any advice for someone in my, probably overly concerned, situation?
>are any recommended spots to visit in these countries? How likely will I be to get ISIS'D at these?
>Is it okay to swap seats with another passenger on an aeroplane? What's the etiquette for this?
>what should I do to keep myself entertained for two hours on the plane? Will I be alright to put some Seinfeld episodes on my phone?
>can we use Airbnb to have a roof over our heads for the entire trip?
>is it safe to go out at night?
>>
How much does a Business Class ticket cost?

I realize that's not exactly an easy question to answer, but I was wondering if I can get a general frame of reference from travelers who primarily fly Economy, but occasionally splurge on Business.
>>
File: q92T6.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
q92T6.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
Whats the best way to get to get far out to the middle of the ocean? Preferably the pacific
>>
>>1222746
If you don't want to get screwed over, don't do this. You can set aside the cash ahed of time if you want, but if you pay him every month he's forced to keep the place up.
>>
>>1223152
>don't worry so much
>there's many recommend spots in all of these countries, you're as likely to get IS'd as in Bongland
>I don't really know about swapping, never really bothered
>a book or Seinfeld seem like good ideas
>Airbnb is generally a good idea, if you want contact with other travelers try a hostel
>safer than Bongland in Germany and the Netherlands
>>
>>1223095
>implying one needs 80k to attemt climbing any mountain.
The tickets to China can be easily bought for the quick credit taken in your homecountry, unless you live in fucking Africa. (and maybe even then)
you can hitchhike into the vicinity of the mountain.
Then just walk/climb. You won't be getting on the top of that baby, but you can easily get to the mountain itself.
>>
File: 0QMq53T.jpg (175KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0QMq53T.jpg
175KB, 900x1200px
>>1223202
Well, these apartments are in a university website, so there's probably gonna be lots of people wanting to see them. I'm kinda worried they'll ignore me over someone who actually has credit. Any alternatives to cash that would make them more likely to rent to me?
>>
>>1223071
Ill be the one to say it, you probably shouldnt kys
>>
I'm doing my first solo trip next month.

I've sorted flights, accommodation, travel insurance. No visa because I'm an EU citizen traveling within the EU. But I feel like it's been too easy... is there something vital I'm missing? Something that's going to fuck me over because I've forgotten it? I thought organising travel would be harder than this.
>>
>>1223210
>you're as likely to get IS'd as in Bongland as in Germany
But that's just not true. One person has been killed by Islamic Extremists in the UK since 2010.

In Germany 14 people have been killed in the last year.
>>
>>1223630
One extremely rare attack skews statistics. Bongland is far, far more dangerous when it comes to crime than Germany.
>>
>>1223634
There was four IS attacks in Germany in 2016, three of them ending in loss of life.

The last Islamic terror incident in the UK was a stabbing in 2015. Nobody died.

You are not as likely to get IS'ed in Bongland as you are in Germany.
Maybe there are other types of crime that are more likely, I don't know, but your initial assertion was wrong.
>>
>>1223637
Only one of those had a possible IS connection. Two were refugees/migrants. One was a lone gunman of middle eastern descent but no terrorism connections.

You're being deliberately intellectually dishonest here. You're statistically far more likely to be victim of a crime in the UK.
>>
>>1223641
If I take everything you just posted as fact, Germany still has had more IS attacks than the UK in the last year(since 1 is a bigger number than 0), plus three extra attacks that may or may not have been related to Islamic extremism.

>You're statistically far more likely to be victim of a crime in the UK.
I don't know if that's true or not, but it's not what we're debating.

You said
"you're as likely to get IS'd as in Bongland as in Germany"

Not "you're more likely to be a victim of crime in the UK than Germany".

Look, I'm not saying don't go to Germany. I'm sure it's a great country, and even with four attacks in a year, it's still extremely unlikely to be caught up in them. I'm saying your assertion that the UK has more terror incidents than Germany is flat out wrong.
>>
>>1223160
Just fucking check out some ticket sites. I was curious and just checked how much business class would be from Copenhagen to Hong Kong, and while an economy ticket was about $450, a business class ticket would be $1750-1800 at the cheapest.

It didn't make a difference whether I was trying to order a ticket to go in two months or in 7-8 months, the prices were still the same. There's no way I could ever justify spending 4x the amount for 10-20 hours of extra comfort, and, besides when people get upgraded, I'm dumbfounded as to why I see relatively many people on /trv/ mention they did business class.
Are you people rich af?
>>
>>1223644
Oh, I forgot that the prices listed are roundtrip/return ticket prices. Actually I'm positively shocked/surprised that a roundtrip from Europe to Hong Kong is that cheap when going for economy
>>
>>1223644
Some of us do have money, yes. I'm not rich, but I make enough so that dropping 2k-4k on a plane ticket is not a problem, especially when it's a long haul flight.

Besides being comfy, there are other advantages. You get to sleep on the plane, so you're well rested at your destination and immediately ready. Tickets also have flexibility for rebooking. And you get much more of those ever-important frequent flyer miles.
>>
File: we chip now.png (108KB, 417x276px) Image search: [Google]
we chip now.png
108KB, 417x276px
>>1222722
>>1222793
ayy but which card?
>>
File: seat selection.jpg (193KB, 425x1814px) Image search: [Google]
seat selection.jpg
193KB, 425x1814px
>>1223626
I had the exact same feeling when I did my first solo trip (3 months ago).

I think the only other thing you're missing is that you should check-in for your flight when you actually get closer to your departure date.

The latest you can check-in is typically 1 hour before your flight, and is usually done at the airport. I don't recommend doing this, because the lines will be long, and this is a very easy way to confuse/unnerve first-timers such as yourself.

The earliest you can do this is typically 24-72 hours (different for each airline), and if you're doing it this early, you usually do this online, through the airline's website. You can also usually pick your seat when you're doing it this way. You just click on a seat that you want from a floorplan (pic related), then continue on with the check-in process (which is dead simple, really). Bear in mind that some airlines don't have seat selection, and may just give you a random seat (unless you have a medical condition that requires a specific seat).

Then you obtain your boarding pass later. Typically 1-24 hours before your flight, regardless of what method of check-in you use. You can generally print them from home, download a digital boarding pass to your smartphone, print them from a digital kiosk at the airport, or obtain them from the check-in counter at the airport.

That's it. Only other thing I would check is the status of your flight before you leave. It's as simple as calling the toll-free number of your airline, checking your airport's website if they're equipped with the technology, or even googling your flight code. You want to hear that your flight is still planning to depart. You don't want to hear about cancellations, but if you have to, it's better to hear it at home than driving to the airport & finding out there.
>>
>>1223657
>frequent flyer miles.
What are those, and what do they do?
>>
>>1223751
also how do you know how many are there?
how do you select when to use them?
how can i obtain these miles?
>>
>>1223751
>>1223895
>what do they do
Can be used to get things like upgrades and "free" flights. And having enough lets you get a better status, meaning more perks such as lounge access, priority lanes, upgrades.

>how do you know how many are there
By checking your account on their webpage or app.
>how do you select when to use them
By selecting a reward yourself from the webpage or phone or at gate.
>how can i obtain these miles
By signing up for a program. They give applications out at every flight and tell you to sign up. It's free.
>>
What am I going to have to get used to if I'm moving to North Carolina from New York?
>>
If I go to Japan would I be shat on for being an American born chink
>>
>>1223947
Probably. Asians are racist towards other Asians, and Japan is no exception.
>>
>>1223926
>"free" flights.
>"free"

That's not ominous at all.
>>
File: 1377790942692.png (121KB, 250x418px) Image search: [Google]
1377790942692.png
121KB, 250x418px
I'm gonna be flying with Thai Airways soon and ordered a ticket on their own website, however after checking my mail I do have a bunch of things like receipts and flight info, but nothing really of a "print this ticket". Did I miss something? Am I not supposed to have a physical ticket any more?
>>
>>1223926
Oh, it's reminiscent of an incentive program not unlike what you see when you go shopping.

I can't really see myself getting too involved with it though. I do plan on traveling a lot, but I'm going to many different countries, most of which will require different airlines.
>>
Whats some good shite to check out in Hannover. Whats the nightlife like
>>
>>1223947
I'm a Korean-born Canadian, and nothing bad has happened to me. Theoretically, I should've had it worse than you; there's major tension between Koreans & Japs, and Canada wasn't exactly very kind to the Japanese during WW2.

The only time your ethnicity will be known is at airports & hotels, and they already deal with a multitude of racial/cultural backgrounds. One or two chinks isn't gonna bother them, they deal with crackers, niggers, sandniggers, spics, and gooks all the time.

All other times, you will be mistaken for Japanese. Contrary to popular belief, many Asians cannot tell each other apart. Just about everyone will assume you're Japanese until you open your mouth to say something.

Conclusion: Nothing bad will happen to you. In the worst case scenario, you'll have very bad luck with girls, but that's almost nothing.
>>
>>1224178
Never mind this question. It was too stupid for the stupid question thread even. The ticket I got is an E-ticket. My mind is still stuck in an age of paper tickets
>>
>>1224188
Wait a Canadian-born Korean as in Korean born in Canada or did you actually mean Canadian born in Korea?

Anyways
>you'll have very bad luck with girls
I wasn't really expecting any luck to begin with but hope I didn't know I had just got crushed.

Just kidding about that. I didn't have much hope to begin with. I'm almost certain they wouldn't go for a chink regardless and would much rather go for whiteys and niggers. At least the shameless sluts though.
>>
>>1222722
>and I'm scared of annual fees!
As long as you look it up beforehand what's the big deal? My credit card has a $30 annual fee, my phone bill is more expensive most of the time.

Also a credit card can help boost your credit pretty easily if you stick to about 30% credit usage. I pay a little bit every pay day so I never worry about even having a late payment. Just be responsible and you'll be better off for getting it.
>>
How can I meet people and make friends in a new country? I'm going on a two year working holiday to the UK from Australia, and without a job sorted out. Also how can I find work?
>>
I've been looking in other threads and they all mention making friends while traveling alone. How is that? I don't doubt my charisma and I at least don't think I'm autistic, but isn't there a language barrier involved? As in I'm assuming they did not take the time to learn the languages of the country being visited. My assumption could be wrong though and I'm just a lazy fuck that doesn't want to learn a new language.
>>
Has anyone here gotten a VAT refund after traveling through Europe? Is it difficult?
>>
>>1224330
I am a gook who was born in Korea, to Korean parents. Then I became a Canadian citizen. I have a Canadian passport that says my birthplace is South Korea.

Japan is a very nice place. People aren't going to openly hate you. Your worst inconvenience is probably going to be with girls and employment. Hell, Japan will probably treat you better than America, your own country.
>>
>>1224137
It's very clear. A "free" flight means you pay for the flight with miles, but you still need to pay the tax. So if you book yourself an award flight to another continent, you will nees to pay 100 or 300 or whatever is the tax.
>>
>>1224184
>different airlines

That's what alliances are for. The two largest are StarAlliance and OneWorld, and they cover lots of airlines.
>>
File: hotel-room-1447201_960_720.jpg (146KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
hotel-room-1447201_960_720.jpg
146KB, 960x640px
Sort of stupid question I guess..

Is it better to get a cheap room at an expensive hotel, or an expensive room at a cheaper hotel?

ie: for £250 I can get a standard double at a fancy expensive hotel, also for £250 I can get a deluxe suite at a smaller non-chain hotel.

Obviously there are other factors like location etc to consider. But what are your thoughts?
>>
>>1223095
take out a loan
>>
I'm looking into flights for my japan trip later this year, but I'm a little uncertain about the results I'm finding. Skyscanner is giving me ~£650 for return flights in July, while the hopper app my mum uses for booking her air travel cheaply says ~£850. What should I trust? I understand the cheapest skyscanner results have a habit of later informing you that the flight will be at a different time and more expensive than advertised, is that true?
>>
>>1224740
depends on which room is nicer I guess?

If in doubt, I'd go for the more expensive hotel though since the amenities are going to be nicer usually (food, maybe a gym, overall look)
>>1224746
no. My tip for using skyscanner is to look for flights there but book directly from the company's website afterwards. Might be slightly more expensive but it's less shady than through some 3rd party vendor
>>
>>1224748
Is there another site I might use that won't offer quite such low prices but is actually legit?
>>
How does bed and breakfast work? How is it different from renting a private room?
>>
>>1224839
It means two things, if it's a hotel then you might book on a bed and breakfast basis which literally just means you get breakfast in the morning, OR, more commonly, a bed and breakfast / B&B place is kind of like a house that has been turned into a mini-hotel; a handful of rooms and no major facilities. You get breakfast in the morning and these places are supposed to have more charm and character than some generic hotel or hostel. It's gonna be more expensive than a private room because your cleaning, etc., will be done.
>>
Are there any countries that I shouldn't visit as an Asian?

I often see warnings and advisories for travelers who are white/black/brown/Jewish, because there are many countries where they're either disliked or seen as easy targets.

But are there any places in particular that yellow Asians should avoid or tread carefully?

in b4 "all of them"
>>
>>1225269
Somalia
Syria
>>
>>1222007
What are the cheapest places to eat that also serve decent vegetables while on a road trip in Colorado/Utah?
>>
Is there any possible chance that I could use Canadian dollars in Singapore? I mean directly, without going through a currency exchange.

The reason I ask is because I happened to compare the difference between CAD and SGD, and their values are remarkably similar to each other. CAD is about 5% greater than SGD.
>>
>>1225666
Truly a question worthy of this thread.
>>
If your passport gets stolen, what can the thief actually do with it?

I can't imagine that they would be able to use one successfully in customs and border crossings, because most if not all genuine passports have security features up the ass, and most if not all government offices have advanced security technology in place.

I've heard stories about people who have had their passports stolen (one of them being an acquaintance of mine), and countless warnings advising travelers to keep a watchful eye on their passports.

What's the worst that can actually happen if your passport is stolen? The worst thing I can imagine right now is that obtaining a new passport is a pain in the ass, but it's got to be worse than that, right?
>>
>>1225733
Depends on where it gets stolen.
You can end up with a mortgage under your name, several mobile phone contracts that are gonna be used for crime later, etc etc
Again, highly depends where it gets stolen, ain't nobody gonna take a single passport as proof in eg. Sweden
>>
>>1222388
I mean, yeah if your a little byotch!
>>
>>1225733
They sell them to forgers, who then usually just replace the photos. Sometimes they salvage multiple documents to replace damaged original parts. Some passports are more desirable than others due to inherent flaws (eg Lithuanian passports being popular in the 00s due to the ease of splitting the identity page).
Borders are fairly tough to get through, but civilian businesses are much less thorough. Especially rentals are easy targets, cars, old books, that sort of thing.
So yeah, identity theft can be the result and you can have a lot of explaining to do.
>>
>>1225733
ID theft can serve a lot of purposes.
https://nypost.com/2012/03/17/qns-woman-married-to-multiple-men-in-immigration-scams/
>>
How come airplane ticket prices are higher during the summer? Wouldn't more demand mean they get cheaper? Or is it because there's a limited number of seats available, so they bump them up?

Also how come it's not cheaper to buy tickets in advance? I looked at those websites which offer a monthly overview and most of the time it's cheaper to buy them for the next week than the next month. Sometimes there were no rates for next month at all.
>>
How does staying in Denmark work?

There is the typical maximum 90-day stay within the Schengen Area. Those are the usual rules. But Denmark also has a separate rule where you're allowed a maximum 90-day stay within a small range of Nordic countries. Most if not all Nordic countries are also Schengen countries.

So say that you've decided to take a trip within the Schengen Area of Europe. Say that you started with a non-Nordic country, then you made your way into a Nordic country, and finally into Denmark. How would your stay in Denmark be limited? Would it run off the entire Schengen stay, or would the limit "reset" the moment you've entered a previous Nordic country/
>>
>>1225754
I now understand why polygamy is illegal in so many states.
>>
>>1225888
The limit don't reset.
Assuming you're American, let's say you spent 80 days in Spain, Italy, Germany and France... Then, 5 days in Norway, and 5 in Sweden.
80 + 5 + 5 = 90
You maxed out your Schengen visa-free stay.
You'll be able to have 90 days again in 180 days.

Then, on the last day in Sweden, you go in Denmark. You get 90 MORE days, minus the 5 days in Norway, and 5 in Sweden.
90 - 5 - 5 = 80
Your Schengen visa-free stay is still maxed-out, but you can stay 80 more days in Denmark ONLY.

You should keep some bills to prove where you stayed if the customs ask you.

You can stay a little longer (typically 3 months) if you spend some time in Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Moldova, or any other European country not part of the Schengen agreement: Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia...
After 90 days in any of those countries, you can go back in the Schengen countries for 90 days.
>>
If I'm doing a layover in my flight, do I need to check-in in both airports or just the first?
>>
>>1222007
Do I need shots to visit South America. If it matters I was born in Mexico and been living (legally) in the US since I was 4 (26 now). Will I catch malaria and die as soon as I get to Brazil ?
>>
>>1225984
Depends on if it's the same ticket or airline. If it is, then you don't have to do anything at the layover airport.
>>
>>1226018
I don't think anything that bad will happen, but you might get asked a bunch of uncomfortable questions when you do come back to the US.
>>
>>1226040
Not necessarily. Speaking from experience, Pudong for example may be a bitch and make you check in again, even on the same ticket and airline. Note the "may", as sometimes the luggage will just go through.
>>
>>1226041
I'm not really afraid of getting interrogated by border guards because I'm a citizen with nothing to hide. I'm just wondering if getting immunizations is an absolute must so I wont get sick and die. I've been back to Mexico with no problem. Does that mean I'll be ok in Brazil, Argentina, Peru, and Colombia ?
>>
>>1226060
If you're the kind of person to worry about diseases, I would say get it anyway. It never hurts to get it done.

Hell, I recently went to Asia without any troubles. But I'm thinking of getting immunized for Japanese Encephalitis anyway.
>>
>>1222911
>But it's 50x40x20, and the KLM rules are 55x35x25. I assume they're pretty strict with regards to this stuff?
I regularly fly KLM and I've never had carry-on checked. They'll just eyeball the carry-on and depending on the airport either give you a tag for it to show it's been checked as long as it doesn't look too large.

I've also been a few KLM flights where passengers have managed to get full size suitcases or similar sized bags onto the airplane. It's always been little old Asian ladies too so they struggle to even reach the overhead lockers and the stewards just end up dragging the cases off somewhere else and they magically reappear as soon the the plane lands.
>>
>>1224749
>Is there another site I might use that won't offer quite such low prices but is actually legit?
The best thing to do is do some research if the price is massively lower than the airline or a larger business like Expedia. If you're getting a super cheap quote from some travel agency whose only address is a PO Box in London then it's going to be a scam.

Skyscanner unfortunately doesn't verify any agency before listing them and neither do other sites like Kayak. Generally the larger online travel agencies like Expedia, Lastminue, Netflights etc. can be trusted but won't offer as much flexibility should something fuck up as buying direct from the airline.
>>
>>1225775
>How come airplane ticket prices are higher during the summer? Wouldn't more demand mean they get cheaper? Or is it because there's a limited number of seats available, so they bump them up?
Everyone wants flights in summer so they put the prices up. People will pay those prices because they have no choice but to do so if they want their family holiday during the schools summer break.
>>
Do Sweden and Norway accept euro or will I need to change them to their respective currencies
>>
>>1226316
Some places might but at a terrible exchange rate. Just change to local currency and/or withdraw from ATMs. You won't actually need much cash since you can pretty much pay anything with plastic.
>>
>>1223046
Varies hugely by airline, among other things. It is part of your contract of carriage, and will be on their website.

I guess technically they could refuse to carry your bags, I have never heard of that happening.
>>
>>1223173
Learn to sail.
>>
Is it safe to visit Kingston, Cape Town and Luanda still?
>>
>>1224472
Damn no one? I just want to know if these people describing making foreign friends actually know the languages or not. I'm not that against learning new languages but I'm not sure of the feasibility of making friends without it.
>>
File: 1490131220547.jpg (52KB, 426x264px) Image search: [Google]
1490131220547.jpg
52KB, 426x264px
>>1224472
>>1226855
>a very autistic post
>what is English

You can't travel to X and learn their language fast enough to be able to freely converse given that a usual vacation lasts ~1 month at most. If you stay more than that, you're going to start to pick up stuff, but again not enough to form a meaningful connection in said language. Just. Use. English.
>>
>>1225269
Yemen
>>
>>1223716
Bump
Why does Chase get so much love here?
>>
is $25,000 enough to do SEA, China, Japan, and Korea for a year for two people?

Planning to do a few workaways to offset costs but not sure if I need to save more
>>
>>1227287
$2000 per month is more than enough. In Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia I spent less than $1000 a month, in Indonesia and Philippines closer to 1500 because of many flights between islands. In China $1200 a month. In South Korea closer to $1700.
>>
>>1222007
What's a good way to learn a language? Hindi specifically. Any apps or books or anything?
>>
File: 62153251.jpg (96KB, 560x431px) Image search: [Google]
62153251.jpg
96KB, 560x431px
Anyone with anxiety have tips for flying? I have fairly bad flight anxiety and I'm forcing myself to study abroad in France in the fall of this year because I know it will be an unforgettable experience.

The only thing I'm scared of is the damn flight. I'm worried I'll have a panic attack on there and it's 11+ hours (LA -> Paris)

I hate that there feels like this massive barrier to get to where I want to go. I wish I could just relax and not worry
>>
>>1227503
Medication could help. A doctor might even be able to prescribe anti-anxiety medication being that you have a legit reason to fly.
>>
>>1227504
Wow, I forgot to stress an important point: I don't want to take any drugs. It's one of the reasons I got the anxiety in the first place and I'm looking to stay sober
>>
>>1227505
Sleep pills would be the way I'd go.
IF sleep pills are excluded because "no drugs", then just be completely exhausted before the flight so that you can fall asleep as soon as you sit in t he plane. Though be careful not to sleep in the airport and lose your flight or do some autistic mistake due to sleep deprivation (the price you pay if you don't want to take sleep pills minutes before boarding).
>>
>>1227503
Play around with the in-flight entertainment system.

Watch comedy movies. Watch them even if they're shitty ones. Watch them even if you're not into a comedy. Just fucking pick any stupid film with Will Ferrell/John C. Reilly/Mark Wahlberg in it.

This will help you get over the fear of flying.
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.